The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction lock should only apply when a faction is pop-locked

josh.lackey_ESO
josh.lackey_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
If you going to go ahead with a faction lock, it should only apply when queuing into a pop-locked faction.

That is, you may only queue into a pop-locked faction if you have set that faction as Home for the campaign. Otherwise, you can queue into any campaign and you are automatically registered on the leaderboard and for campaign rewards.

This would alleviate the impact on people who play outside of primetime while maintaining the efficacy of the faction lock for those who perceive there is some kind of unfairness to it.

To be clear, I don't want fation locks at all. But if they are going to happen over our objections, please consider an implementation that doesn't punish people who can only play in the wee hours of the American night or during the mornings.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get behind that!

My main issue with Faction lock is not being able to play with my friends, and not being able to switch to the underdog faction when my main faction is zerging.

This solution would allow me to play with my friends on any non primetime hours, and allow me to switch factions when only one is 3bars and the others 1, so I can fight the zerg rather than join it.

Great idea @josh.lackey_ESO !
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.