The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds Tips

Rastaman111
Rastaman111
✭✭
For the first time gonna try Battlegrounds because of the Event. I play as a Tank in Trials and Dungeons but for Battlegrounds I don`t know my backup weapon is playing with the bow.

Any tips for playing Tank set ups?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t run out of health.
  • Sp1dHQ
    Sp1dHQ
    ✭✭✭
    Imho, tank is playable and extremely unfair in all game modes except deathmatch. You can carry chaos ball for an eternity, you can def relic/hold point long enough for ur teammates to arrive. Although, if u dont have voice chat in there with friends, u might be disappointed, as noone will come to help you.
    In this case I would recommend obtaining one more set of gear only for pvp, make some damage with 2h/snb. You can find a lot of builds in the net. If u are new to BG the matchmaker will place you with newbies, so don’t be afraid
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play a tank in BGs, do your teammates a favour and DO NOT queue for deathmatch — you will be dead weight there and a source of annoyance, as you will do absolutely nothing for your team (unless you’re tethering yourself to a high damage dealer with Guard).

Make sure you’re wearing impen gear, too — you can’t go into BGs wearing your standard setup and expect to facetank everything in PVE gear. That being said, if you have a body tanking set and jewels/weapons of a different set (e.g. Alkosh weapons/jewellery) you could buy some Impregnable gear for cheap from guild vendors and swap it in for BGs to get at least some crit protection.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 18, 2019 12:34PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) All gear with impen
    2) Stay with your group
    3) Dont chase too aggressively and try to stay with your group
    4) Try to earn points (check what are the mechanics for the different BG modes)
    Because I can!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Contrary to what other people say tanks can be effective in death matches. PvP tanks should be focused on target blocking, getting in squishies faces and cc.

I think a lot of the youngins never learned pvp MMO basics. Basicly:

If you’re a dps your job is to do damage
    If you’re a healer your job is to tank the other team first, then heal
    If you’re a pvp tank your job is to disrupt and cc

You can do well. Don’t stun willy nilly because of cc immunity after breaking free. Snare, root, target block and use group ultimates like barrier, leap, negate (if you can root in the negate), etc... Since you’re used to tanking and focusing on ultimate gen do the same but use multipurpose ultimates. If you have a healer tethering them is a good idea too (if they’re good).

Otherwise what bashev said is spot on. I’ve seen tanks get 8 or so killing blows purely through well timed ultimates, usually with leap. Death matches reward aoe spam and kill stealing, I’d try back barring an ice staff and keep blockade up.

P.S. - remember it’s a 3 team game, target blocking opponents on the 3rd team from kill stealing low health targets on the 2nd team is effective
    Edited by Iskiab on April 18, 2019 9:55PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    In team death match run guard and activate it on a fellow team mate and stay close to them ... they will love u for it 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank is best suited for flag games and capture games. In Deathmatch, if your team is willing to follow you then and only then you will be useful. Although this does not happen most of the times hence its recommended to switch to damage gear for that round.

Its best to wear Bloodspawn/Malubeth/Thurvokun + Impregnable Armor + Mark of the Pariah/Battalion Defender/Crest Of Cyrodiil.

Edited by techprince on April 20, 2019 5:45PM