The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirhomed Dagger

twilightwarrick
twilightwarrick
✭✭✭
Hi would anyone be willing to help me out, I just need one to get the traits off, if someone could craft me one , or sell me one quite cheap, sorry I don't have much gold.
I would be very thankful. have been unable to find the trait, or one for sale at a reasonable price for me, I could only offer a few thousand gold, sorry but im not very good at making money in this game.
Anyway if there is a kind hearted person out there willing to help I would be grateful, or maybe I could swap some purple gear, thanks
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the Nirncrux to make the dagger can cost thousands of dollars. Your best bet is to run around Craglorn, picking mats, until you find some Nirncrux and ask someone to make you the dagger with it.

People aren’t giving away Nirnhoned items generally.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make money pretty quickly by just playing the game ... and be sure to save it for the items you need.

Nirnhoned daggers cost around 10-12k ... so that’s your goal.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that the Nirncrux to make the dagger can cost thousands of dollars. Your best bet is to run around Craglorn, picking mats, until you find some Nirncrux and ask someone to make you the dagger with it.

People aren’t giving away Nirnhoned items generally.

Do you get nirnhoned trait stuff with Craiglorn resource spawns?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi would anyone be willing to help me out, I just need one to get the traits off, if someone could craft me one , or sell me one quite cheap, sorry I don't have much gold.

Did you get one yet? Are you on NA PC/Mac server?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You receive one Nirnhoned item when you complete the Craglorn quest line. You can research it to learn the Nirnhoned trait for that type of item.

Then you can craft more of that Nirnhoned item (if you have the right kind of Nirncrux) to trade for other Nirnhoned items to research, or just buy them.

AFAIK, Nirnhoned items don't drop in the game, aside from the one you're awarded upon completing the Craglorn quests. On the other hand, you can farm Nirncrux from resource nodes (ore, logs, etc.) in Craglorn, although the drop rates are very low. There are two kinds of Nirncrux; one is used to make Nirnhoned armor, the other is used to make Nirnhoned weapons.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very thankful. have been unable to find the trait, or one for sale at a reasonable price for me, I could only offer a few thousand gold, sorry but im not very good at making money in this game.
    Anyway if there is a kind hearted person out there willing to help I would be grateful, or maybe I could swap some purple gear, thanks

platform? server?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

You receive one Nirnhoned item when you complete the Craglorn quest line. You can research it to learn the Nirnhoned trait for that type of item.

Then you can craft more of that Nirnhoned item (if you have the right kind of Nirncrux) to trade for other Nirnhoned items to research, or just buy them.

AFAIK, Nirnhoned items don't drop in the game, aside from the one you're awarded upon completing the Craglorn quests. On the other hand, you can farm Nirncrux from resource nodes (ore, logs, etc.) in Craglorn, although the drop rates are very low. There are two kinds of Nirncrux; one is used to make Nirnhoned armor, the other is used to make Nirnhoned weapons.

Nirnhoned weapons/gear will drop from leaderboard rewards as well as trial gear in veteran.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder:

Potent Nirncrux = Weapon Trait
    Fortified Nirncrux = Armour Trait

Edited by sedi on April 25, 2019 7:21AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Nirnhoned weapons/gear will drop from leaderboard rewards as well as trial gear in veteran.

And are possible to get from completing vMA.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I harvested a bunch of resources a couple of days ago in Craglorn, along with several Surveys. I didn't get a single nirn trait drop. I was asking if harvesting nodes would occasionally drop those, but it doesn't seem likely based on my (limited) experience.

I have gotten a few over time, probably from doing crafting dailies, but I am not completely sure how I got them.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on April 28, 2019 2:56AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I harvested a bunch of resources a couple of days ago in Craglorn, along with several Surveys. I didn't get a single nirn trait drop. I was asking if harvesting nodes would occasionally drop those, but it doesn't seem likely based on my (limited) experience.

I have gotten a few over time, probably from doing crafting dailies, but I am not completely sure how I got them.

The nodes will not drop the nirn trait drop items... They will drop Potent Nirncrux and Fortified Nirncrux, which are the trait materials to create your own nirn items, once you've researched the trait.

Nirn items (that you can research) drop at the end of the main craglorn quests, as well as drops in veteran trials, and leaderboard rewards for trials.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • twilightwarrick
    twilightwarrick
    ✭✭✭
    hi im on pc na if anyone can help out thanks
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hi im on pc na if anyone can help out thanks

Hit me up with an in game mail to @gravendeadeye. I'd be happy to help you out. I'm at work for a couple more hours, but can make you one when I log in tonight. Just send me a hello reminder so I don't forget - I'm old...

Edited by Bouldercleave on April 29, 2019 12:01AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The nodes will not drop the nirn trait drop items... They will drop Potent Nirncrux and Fortified Nirncrux, which are the trait materials to create your own nirn items, once you've researched the trait.

Nirn items (that you can research) drop at the end of the main craglorn quests, as well as drops in veteran trials, and leaderboard rewards for trials.

That is what I was trying to note. How many nodes do have to (likely) harvest to see a single nirncrux material? I have not noticed any, though it is possible I got the few I did get in the past from there. I am not sure where they came from otherwise.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in my nirn farming days, it would sometimes take 2+ hours of continuous farming just to get a drop. That was before ZOS buffed the drop rate, however.

How long are your farming sessions typically, @FlopsyPrince?

Because 20-30 Craglorn nodes is not a high enough sample size.

By the way, I don’t farm nirn anymore ... ever since ZOS introduced the transmute system in Clockwork City.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 30, 2019 10:38PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my nirn farming days, it would sometimes take 2+ hours of continuous farming just to get a drop. That was before ZOS buffed the drop rate, however.

I didn't count the number of nodes, but it was not just a couple, especially with how close they are in Craglorn. Knowing it is about 1 every 2 hours is good to know, if true. They are quite rare then, rarer than my watching things.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't count the number of nodes, but it was not just a couple, especially with how close they are in Craglorn. Knowing it is about 1 every 2 hours is good to know, if true. They are quite rare then, rarer than my watching things.

yeah, I haven't tracked explicitly, but it's probably in the neighborhood of a 1-2% drop rate, so 1 for every 50 or 100 nodes
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yeah, I haven't tracked explicitly, but it's probably in the neighborhood of a 1-2% drop rate, so 1 for every 50 or 100 nodes

I will look more closely in the future then, if I try that. I have a hard time watching it all the time, though I suppose counting how many I have before I start and afterward would do the same thing.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will look more closely in the future then, if I try that. I have a hard time watching it all the time, though I suppose counting how many I have before I start and afterward would do the same thing.

You're probably aware already, @FlopsyPrince ... but the nirncrux drop rate is higher for Craglorn writ survey nodes (blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing).

In other words, keep doing your writs. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 1, 2019 2:42AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're probably aware already, @FlopsyPrince ... but the nirncrux drop rate is higher for Craglorn writ survey nodes (blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing).

I did hit a bunch of those and didn't see a single nirncrux mat drop and I was trying to watch those more closely for sure. Though probably only 20 total surveys (or so), perhaps not enough for a drop.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did hit a bunch of those and didn't see a single nirncrux mat drop and I was trying to watch those more closely for sure. Though probably only 20 total surveys (or so), perhaps not enough for a drop.

20 surveys in Craglorn? You should get one. Nirncrux only drops in craglorn
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

20 surveys in Craglorn? You should get one. Nirncrux only drops in craglorn

I didn't notice it and I was looking. I saved up quite a few. I will see again in a few weeks when I repeat the process.

PC
    PS4/PS5