The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do Champion levels interact with new characters?

Draethar
Draethar
Soul Shriven
When you make a new character does he have access to all the buffs from Champion levels right away? It is my understanding that Champion levels are account wide?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a new character, you can immediately place all the champion points you've earned, as those are account wide.
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you can answer a related question. I will try explain by overcomplicating matters (it's what I do).

Toon A has 300 cp points when I decide to bring Toon B along.

Toon B has those 300 points and soon adds 10 more.

I go back to Toon A. Has Toon A received those 10 points or are they still at 300?

Thanks!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can answer a related question. I will try explain by overcomplicating matters (it's what I do).

I go back to Toon A. Has Toon A received those 10 points or are they still at 300?

Thanks!

Toon A then has 310.

No matter on what Toon you earn CP, they will be availabe to all your alts.
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I can now play whatever suits my mood rather than always working to level my templar. Still grinding her on those skyshards though.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I can now play whatever suits my mood rather than always working to level my templar. Still grinding her on those skyshards though.

Undaunted is worse for me ;)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Your CP are account wide, so all your Toons now have access to 310 CP.

But if you placed 300 CP on Toon A, earn 10 more with Toon B, then log back onto Toon A, you'll have to place those extra 10 points in the trees to unlock further benefits from the CP perks since they aren't placed automatically.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your CP are account wide, so all your Toons now have access to 310 CP.

But if you placed 300 CP on Toon A, earn 10 more with Toon B, then log back onto Toon A, you'll have to place those extra 10 points in the trees to unlock further benefits from the CP perks since they aren't placed automatically.

And if you didn't already realise it, the distribution of points can be completely different. The healer won't want the same ones as the tank, or the damage dealer. If your new alt is a completely different build, they can still place points where they've not be placed before on your main.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remembering that even if you're not LVL50 on a new character, if you distribute the CP points on him it will work regardless
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)