The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I wait til Elswyr?

Draethar
Draethar
Soul Shriven
Long story short.
Used to play on PC as DK at launch.
Coming back fresh on XBox as Necro to play with my Brother.
Should I play before Elswyr to gain gold, reagents, etc or wait and start as a fresh Necro?

Best Answer

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to commit now you can do your crafting writs every day or so for a few materials and gold, only takes a few minutes (it'll add up over the weeks until Elsweyr comes out)

Else the new expansions are a little more interesting than basegame zones, you might like playing through them before Elsweyr for the roleplay story if you have the time
    Edited by Praeficere on April 17, 2019 11:54PM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
    Answer ✓
  • Draethar
    Draethar
    Soul Shriven
    Praeficere wrote: »
    If you don't want to commit now you can do your crafting writs every day or so for a few materials and gold, only takes a few minutes (it'll add up over the weeks until Elsweyr comes out)

Else the new expansions are a little more interesting than basegame zones, you might like playing through them before Elsweyr for the roleplay story if you have the time

I’ve decided to play casually on a Magicka Templar until Elswyr comes out. I can run around and kill stuff and gather like crazy so my Necro will have tons of materials to powerlevel all his crafting skills. Gives me a chance to reformiliarize myself with the game.