The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Bear in the Apex Mounts and Different Radiant Apex Mounts for Baandari Crates?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
So, as per usual, with the newest major patch, a BUNCH of upcoming Content was datamined:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/04/15/31656-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-5-0-0/2/

And something VERY interesting caught my eye: There's no bear in the usual collection of 6 Apex Mounts.

It has been replaced by a Dwarven Spider! So the standard 6 was changed to:

aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlarhorse_1x1.jpg
Baandari Pedlar Horse
aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlarsenchelion_1x1.jpg
Baandari Pedlar Senche-Lion
aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlarwolf_1x1.jpg
Baandari Pedlar Wolf
aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlarguar_1x1.jpg
Baandari Pedlar Guar
aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlarcamel_1x1.jpg
Baandari Pedlar Camel
aw_crwn_mounts_baandaripedlardwarvenspider_1x1.jpg
Bear Baandari Dwarven Spider

Honestly, I kind of like it? Even though it's a shame there's no bear for people that like Bears (Hopefully there is a good non-Apex Bear Mount or two in the Crate Season), but really, considering this Crate is VERY Desert themed, it wouldn't really make sense to have a Bear (Even the Wolf is a bit of a stretch for Desert, but there are Wolves that live in Desert/Arid Regions in real life). Also note that these Apex Mounts seem to have a "Hold thingy in Hand" effect like the Hollowjack Mounts had. Except the Spider, which seems to have a giant version of that ring orbiting the Spider instead.

But even more interesting, is that they seem to have changed the 3 usual Radiant Apex Mounts. Instead of Horse/Senche/Wolf, it looks like our 3 are Senche/Camel/Dwarven Spider:

aw_crwn_mounts_ankarasenchelion_1x1.jpg
Anka-Ra Senche-Lion
aw_crwn_mounts_ankarasandcamel_1x1.jpg
Anka-Ra Sand Camel
aw_crwn_mounts_ebonydwarvenspider_1x1.jpg
Ebony Dwarven Spider

Now, of course, this is guess work, since I don't know how to completely confirm which mounts are categorized as which, but Radiant Apex mounts are always reskins of Apex Mounts with new/different particle/visual effects, so I think it's a safe guess.

So what do you think? Personally, I kind of wish they had done this a while ago (I still feel bad for the Scalecaller Guar. Don't stick Cold-blooded critters in the Tundra please).
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the bear and radiant apexes are in a future datamine. There's usually multiple during the chapter PTS; there was one every week of the Summerset PTS with new stuff being added.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the bear and radiant apexes are in a future datamine. There's usually multiple during the chapter PTS; there was one every week of the Summerset PTS with new stuff being added.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, if the Spider didn't have a person sitting in it with the same appearance as the other 5 Apex Mounts. Those are the only six mounts that have a person with the Moon Compass thingy. Plus they have the same name scheme.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD.
    Bears are the only mounts I never use.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing exists until its actually on the live server. Temper your expectations and put away your wallet.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @B0SSzombie I hope you're right, a change from the same old formula we've had for quite some time would be nice :D
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that spider is taking the bears place in these crates
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like these apex mounts - it's been a while since I've really liked the apex mounts. But, of course, not enough to actually buy crates.

I really love the Dwarven spider mount - it has a canopy to shade the rider from the sun!
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche-Lion

ah another 600 gem mount
    calling it
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah another 600 gem mount
    calling it

What's interesting is that it's a Reskin (Silver armor instead of Gold) of the "Do all the achievements" reward for the Sunspire Trial.

aw_crwn_mounts_sunspireicefiresenchelion_1x1.jpg
    "Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche Lion" - Unknown, possibly Crown Store exclusive

Sunspire-Champion-Senche-Lion-Side.jpg?w=1065&ssl=1
    "Sunspire Champion Senche Lion" - “Sunspire Dragonbreak” achievement

Isn't that just like what they did with the Factotum Polymorph? The "Clockwork Curator" is a vAS HM Rare Drop and gold, while the "Factotum" was a Crown Store exclusive? In a way, it's a nice option for people who aren't skilled enough to clear trials to get a similar item.

Fun fact: there's a skin you can get for beating Sunspire on Veteran that matches it, and even a pet to match it as well (Which might also be a Crown Store item):

aw_crwn_pets_sunspireicefiresenchecub_1x1.jpg
    "Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche Cub"
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 19, 2019 2:40PM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    GOOD.
    Bears are the only mounts I never use.

And camels.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God, I would hate it if these awesome dwarven spiders are locked behind rng :s
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

ah another 600 gem mount
    calling it

What's interesting is that it's a Reskin (Silver armor instead of Gold) of the "Do all the achievements" reward for the Sunspire Trial.

Isn't that just like what they did with the Factotum Polymorph? The "Clockwork Curator" is a vAS HM Rare Drop and gold, while the "Factotum" was a Crown Store exclusive? In a way, it's a nice option for people who aren't skilled enough to clear trials to get a similar item.

Fun fact: there's a skin you can get for beating Sunspire on Veteran that matches it, and even a pet to match it as well (Which might also be a Crown Store item):

Wow wow hold up.

They are adding an unlockable mount through in game achievements??

If so they are finally moving a step in the right direction
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah another 600 gem mount
    calling it

Wow wow hold up.

They are adding an unlockable mount through in game achievements??

If so they are finally moving a step in the right direction

Yes, it is unlockable.

It does require doing all the Achievements in Veteran Sunspire, but you can get it without buying it (Provided you own Elsweyr, but other than that, you don't need to pay for it).
  • SomeDogsAreCops
    SomeDogsAreCops
    ✭✭✭
    Are they ever gonna make a mount that isnt just a reskinned of the same mounts we have had for years
    Ebonheart Pact 4L
    Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
    810 CP
    Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
    I also play
    Healplar
    Tankden
    MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they ever gonna make a mount that isnt just a reskinned of the same mounts we have had for years

Doubtful.

forever stuck in combat
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God, I would hate it if these awesome dwarven spiders are locked behind rng :s

At this point I just assume that they're going to be. Every single mount I've gotten very excited about has been. I have not been able to obtain a single one of the mounts that I've wanted most, so I just stopped getting my hopes up. Better to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised than hope and be continually disappointed.
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how many gladiator proofs it is for the gladiator arena horse ? Also the afflicted horse looks good 😀
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boy, the arms packs though all look really neat. I'm actually more excited for them.
    And the kitty merchants! He can keep my wares for free~
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Senche-raht mount. This actually surprised me. I had convinced myself the Senche-raht Mount was going to be a bear reskin (à la Lizard-Bear, Lizard-Senche, etc). The lack of bears in the datamine even became a sort of confirmation in my mind.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

Senche-raht mount. This actually surprised me. I had convinced myself the Senche-raht Mount was going to be a bear reskin (à la Lizard-Bear, Lizard-Senche, etc). The lack of bears in the datamine even became a sort of confirmation in my mind.

Holy smokes it IS different. What was the last mount with new animations we got? The Nix-Ox? Or do the Indriks have unique animations?
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy smokes it IS different. What was the last mount with new animations we got? The Nix-Ox? Or do the Indriks have unique animations?

indrik uses horse animations
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

indrik uses horse animations

To be fair, the Senche-raht looks like the animation is pretty similar to the regular senche animations. But with that shoulder width and front leg length I don't think it's a simple re-skin. I could very well be wrong though.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, as per usual, with the newest major patch, a BUNCH of upcoming Content was datamined:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/04/15/31656-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-5-0-0/2/

And something VERY interesting caught my eye: There's no bear in the usual collection of 6 Apex Mounts.

It probably wasn't replaced. The new mounts are called 'Baandari Pedlar [animal]' the spider is just 'Baandari Dwarven Spider'. So rather than being part of the set (note that the character is holding a lunar compass in their hand with all the others, indicating that those Pedlar mounts belong together, plus the spider is dressed in blue rather than mainly red as the others), the Baandari Dwarven Spider could be an unrelated purchase with a Khajiit theme (just like the Meridian Sabre Cat was a Wrathstone themed standalone instead of fitting in with the Wrathstone-themed mounts).

That said, they may have scrapped the Bears this season, unless they're planning on adding the model in the next PTS update (they do sometimes add a second batch of crown store items in the .0 patch then the .2 or .3 or some other PTS build later).
    Edited by bluebird on April 30, 2019 5:42PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

It probably wasn't replaced. The new mounts are called 'Baandari Pedlar [animal]' the spider is just 'Baandari Dwarven Spider'. So rather than being part of the set (note that the character is holding a lunar compass in their hand with all the others, indicating that those Pedlar mounts belong together, plus the spider is dressed in blue rather than mainly red as the others), the Baandari Dwarven Spider could be an unrelated purchase with a Khajiit theme (just like the Meridian Sabre Cat was a Wrathstone themed standalone instead of fitting in with the Wrathstone-themed mounts).

That said, they may have scrapped the Bears this season, unless they're planning on adding the model in the next PTS update (they do sometimes add a second batch of crown store items in the .0 patch then the .2 or .3 or some other PTS build later).

The thing is that there's a quite a bit of evidence supporting the Spider being a member of the 6 Apex Mounts. First off, it has the same style as the other 5: draped with richly colored merchandise and designed to carry a merchant. Second, it has an NPC sitting in it, just like the other 5. Crown Store portraits for Mounts almost never have an NPC in it, unless the NPC is needed to show a feature (The Hollowjack Mounts are a good example of existing items that do it). Third: That NPC is the same style as the other 5 Apex Mounts. Same clothes and everything. And finally, the "Lunar Compass" IS featured with that mount. However, since the NPC sits fully inside the Spider and wouldn't be able to display their hand, the Compass ring instead forms a light ring around the spider itself! Check out that blue, glowing orbit, and the compass needle sticking out from the front! Spider's got the compass built in.

And just like how things get added in newer patches, things also sometimes change. It's entirely possible that "Baandari Dwarven Spider" is just the placeholder name before being finalized. Or, maybe "Baandari Pedlar Dwarven Spider" is simply too long a name? Is that a thing?
    Edited by B0SSzombie on May 2, 2019 5:09AM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

The thing is that there's a quite a bit of evidence supporting the Spider being a member of the 6 Apex Mounts. First off, it has the same style as the other 5: draped with richly colored merchandise and designed to carry a merchant. Second, it has an NPC sitting in it, just like the other 5. Crown Store portraits for Mounts almost never have an NPC in it, unless the NPC is needed to show a feature (The Hollowjack Mounts are a good example of existing items that do it). Third: That NPC is the same style as the other 5 Apex Mounts. Same clothes and everything. And finally, the "Lunar Compass" IS featured with that mount. However, since the NPC sits fully inside the Spider and wouldn't be able to display their hand, the Compass ring instead forms a light ring around the spider itself! Check out that blue, glowing orbit, and the compass needle sticking out from the front! Spider's got the compass built in.

And just like how things get added in newer patches, things also sometimes change. It's entirely possible that "Baandari Dwarven Spider" is just the placeholder name before being finalized. Or, maybe "Baandari Pedlar Dwarven Spider" is simply too long a name? Is that a thing?

Seems very likely, and I'm inclined to think there's no bear, but the spider could also just be the Gems-exclusive mount that ties into the crates; like the Gloam Wolf does with the Psijic Order ones, and other spiders (like the red and black one everyone was mad about) have been in the past.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP my bear collection
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh the mounts for the past 4 (including the upcoming one) have bring pretty lacklustre. Removing the bear for a spider doesn’t really change that. Fingers crossed for Q3
  • MehmetCan
    MehmetCan
    ✭✭✭

We only had horses when this game was released. Just look at the variety now.
    • Horse
    • Bear
    • Guar
    • Kagouti
    • Camel
    • Senche
    • Senche-Rath
    • Saber Cat
    • Wolf
    • Dwarven spider
    • Nix-Ox
    • Elk
    • Indrik

And all kind of themes, skins for them
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of them are reskins of each other indrik Reskin of elk , mix ox reskin of spider , Senche rath of Senche etc
    Edited by LordLomax on June 23, 2019 11:44PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine you’re getting your first ever Radiant Apex and it’s the Camel.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -