The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hall of the Lunar Champion House preview

• mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's...kinda of a dull design for a house.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I understood the PTS notes right, I think the idea is that as you play the new Chapter and the rest of the "Year of the Dragon" content, you get tablets to stick in those alcoves that improve the house.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Currygaminginc - You may want to update your video.

If you look at the objects you get in the PTS Lunar Champion deed box - you get two objects along with the deed. Place the first tablet on the front pedestal. Then, place the second tablet on the right-hand pedestal...

You'll open the first expansion of the house.

I promise it's worth it. :)

Edit: you'll know you've put the right tablet in the right place because the big... thing... on the ceiling will glow and shoot out laser beam things at the other pedestals. Sounds cray, but trust me. I wish I'd taken screenshots of that to share.
    Edited by reoskit on April 16, 2019 1:55PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go. Elara's video shows what I'm talking about. Told ya I wasn't nuts. :P

https://youtu.be/IxSJUqQg-d0
  • mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so it's another house designed for people to build structures and stuff in, alright that's kinda cooler.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might need to make this my new museum, assuming the other wings are as big. It'll be a pain moving all my stuff though.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...not really impressed so far. Granted, we only saw one wing, but I don't build so all that open outdoor space just isn't my thing. Maybe some of the other wings will actually be more home-like.

Also, I had to stop watching Elara's video partway through as all the quick/abrupt camera changes started giving me a headache.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Hmm...not really impressed so far. Granted, we only saw one wing, but I don't build so all that open outdoor space just isn't my thing. Maybe some of the other wings will actually be more home-like.

Also, I had to stop watching Elara's video partway through as all the quick/abrupt camera changes started giving me a headache.

Yeah, I just want a house, really.

I don't build, either, as:

a) I know that if I do, I generally won't have room for all the furnishings I want, as well - in fact, I probably wont have room for them, even without building.

b) The structures available are kind of limiting.

I really liked the Alinor Townhouse, as it's just a really nice house, with a good layout and size to furnishings ratio, that doesn't need much done to it, apart from lighting and decoration.

Ideally, it would have had windows at the front and a basement for crafting (and a 700 item limit), but other than that, it's pretty perfect.

Doesn't really look like there will be anything like that, this time.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 19, 2019 8:31AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I would love them to actually add normal houses to the game, instead of always making some gimmick house that cost $150. This house is ok because of the new concept with different wings, though each wing should have its own item limit as should the main room.

Really what i want is some more small medium and large houses for gold. It isnt that hard to add these into the game. But i guess that is asking to much.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually think this house offers amazing potential. The views over the lake make for an amazing opportunity to build a home with balconies and a terrace.
    I agree that they should have given each area it's own item limit. I just don't see how we will decorate all 4 areas with only 700 slots! It was a terribly wasted opportunity to introduce separate zones with separate item limits into housing.
    Anyway, here's what I did with Lunar Champion. It's a custom build sitting over the lake, all built using the new Elsweyr structural items
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471235/halls-of-lunar-champion-custom-build-video-tour#latest
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I would love them to actually add normal houses to the game, instead of always making some gimmick house that cost $150. This house is ok because of the new concept with different wings, though each wing should have its own item limit as should the main room.

Really what i want is some more small medium and large houses for gold. It isnt that hard to add these into the game. But i guess that is asking to much.

They probably think there is no money, or bragging on Youtube potential, in that.

However, the truth is, that a good gaming experience relies on some gestures of goodwill, especially towards the people who already choose to give them money for other things.

Not only in providing things they can either brag about as a major feature of an xpac, or charge extra money for, in the Crown Store.

Yes, we now get statuettes if we sub and lately, we have got a couple of these huge, unfillable, houses included in the xpac price, but basic things like fillable, small, medium and large (but not huge) houses, in nice locations, seem to be missing.

I'm coming to the end of my tether with them, frankly.

Trial players are being given (we assume, exclusive?) housing gifts, while (aside from the statuettes, for ESO+) housing people are being given absolutely nothing; over and above the bare bones of some plans for a few new pieces of furniture.

Which they will, generally, have to pay a fortune for in gold (with, what feels like, less and less gold return from just playing) and will have to then, still, try to find (scarcer and scarcer) mats for.

Housing mats never used to be this scarce, or this expensive.

So, even if you manage to get some furnishing plans, via killing dragons all day, or endless looting, you still struggle to find mats (and/or have to wait many months between major projects), but I guess I'm wandering off the subject...

Point is, less and less is right and more and more is wrong with housing, lately.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 26, 2019 6:44AM