The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Players able to visit DLC houses without DLC?

rioichi4
rioichi4
✭✭
Hello!
Just wanted to know if players who do not have a certain DLC are able to visit someone else's house that's in that DLC?
Ex. someone who doesnt have Murkmire can visit someone else's Lakemire Xanmeer Manor?
Thanks!!
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware you could in the past. Not sure if they changed it now. If you're able to preview it, you should be able to port to their home AFAIK. It doesn't hurt to try to port to their home. But I'm pretty sure if that were the case, a lot of people would've been upset about Psijic Villa being locked and people wanted to use it for a guildhall.

Note; If it says "You don't have Permissions to visit this player's home" or something like that, that's not something that's DLC locked, but permission locked by the home owner.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on April 15, 2019 6:43AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • rioichi4
    rioichi4
    ✭✭
    Well like, our guild hall is the Xanmeer Manor and someone was saying they'd get the loading screen to go in but then end up back where they started. And we were thinking it might be because they don't have Murkmire??
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    The rule on this, specifically is thus: a player can visit any house, regardless of dlc, but, if they leave the front door, the lack of a dlc would kick in. Ie, if you don't have murkmire, and visit my lakemire xanmeer, and you walk out the front door, you will appear at the point that you teleported to my house originally from. You can visit the houses, but not the land around them.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rioichi4 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Just wanted to know if players who do not have a certain DLC are able to visit someone else's house that's in that DLC?
    Ex. someone who doesnt have Murkmire can visit someone else's Lakemire Xanmeer Manor?
    Thanks!!

Since the player houses are in their own instances, they're not exactly in the DLC zones where you find the entrance. Without the DLC, you can only enter by selecting the owner and porting to their residence, and if you leave, you go back where you came from.

A guild I'm in has the Psijic Villa as guildhall, and I don't have Summerset. I can only get there because it's a primary residence, and IIRC I couldn't port to a player there, or any other method, until that was the case.