[Map] How many zones left? Lets dissect the map!

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the ESO map:

G5SCOIk.jpg

Then I compared it to this:
460px-Map_tamriel.jpg

I count about ~11-12 zones left, and some zones don't make sense like Gold Coast being so far out(Chorrol is in Cyrodiil..Skingrad?)?

Bu these are missing some parts:
  • Elsweyr
  • Hammerfell
  • Morrowind
  • Skyrim
  • Black Marsh

Now, if you look at Murkmire being zone dlc, then look at how big black marsh is. I guess what I'm thinking is ESO has ~6-7 years of content left to fill this map? Excluding using outer world places like: Artaeum, CWC, Coldharbour

Thoughts?

I like dissecting this map, and just want to see what others think
Edited by Casterial on April 14, 2019 5:09AM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Sp1dHQ
    Sp1dHQ
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see other parts of Skyrim in the near future, as a lot of new players will come after being triggered by “skyrim” word in the steam ad’s
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm interested in seeing how they do multiple parts of Tamriel, mainly the Telvannis coast, the inner swamp, the Sea of Ghosts (Dawnstar, Solitude, Winterhold), and the southern Pellitine region of Elsweyr.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a lot more than you think
    1.North of Windhelm (winterhold)and east of windhelm supposely has a piece of morrowind that can combine with the bit on the south. And with Solthestim, We are talking about 1-2 dlc here
    2.Telvanni territory (east of vvanderfel) is big enough for a chapter if they want it to be
    3.Rest of hammerfell and Colovia. Both combined there is at least the size of a chapter and a dlc
    4.Niben is the size of a chapter
    5.Unless they want to make a extremely weird shape blackmarsh chapter, we will have at least one chapter and a dlc
    6.Three (Windhelm, Rift and Falkreach)of nine skyrim cities appeared, except previously mentioned winterhold, we got 5 more, and I don't think they will come together. So a chapter and a dlc minimium
    7.HOPEFULLY, 2019's dlc can be the south part of Elsweyr and fill the whole province
    8.And don't forget possible outside of Tamriel areas. There are also the lilac bay islands (including Direnni tower)and Falinesti

So yeah,We are talking about 5 years (after 2019), which more likely will not be the case.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogarad. But they'll stuff up what was a beautiful spot
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim is the next expansion, pretty much guaranteed. We'll probably get a Cyrodiil expansion too.

That'll push us into 2021. I doubt the game will be around for much longer beyond that. It'll be 7 years old and running on an ancient engine by then. I'm expecting the console population to disappear soon after the next gen comes out as people don't like playing "last gen" games. PC players might still be around, but it won't be enough to sustain the game long term.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 14, 2019 7:00AM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim is the next expansion, pretty much guaranteed. We'll probably get a Cyrodiil expansion too.

That'll push us into 2021. I doubt the game will be around for much longer beyond that. It'll be 7 years old and running on an ancient engine by then. I'm expecting the console population to disappear soon after the next gen comes out as people don't like playing "last gen" games. PC players might still be around, but it won't be enough to sustain the game long term.

I hope eso is around for many years to come.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Skyrim would make more sense for the 2021 chapter. Its the 10th anniversary of Skyrim, so itd make more sense to release it then, not to mention that it'd bring players back who had left because it's "ooh skyrim."

Also, there's very few other MMO's that can compete with ESO at the moment, and the ones that are up and coming are either in Alpha in the west, or still in the East with no ETA on when there'll be a port to the West. Sure singleplayer games will come out and people will flock to those, but ESO is stable enough with their content that when they get bored/platinum their singleplayer games, they'll have something nice to fall back on.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • teejkapow
    teejkapow
    Im expecting a graphics overall to coincide with a TESO rerelease on next gen consoles
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    I count about ~11-12 zones left, and some zones don't make sense like Gold Coast being so far out(Chorrol is in Cyrodiil..Skingrad?)?

We have the Gold Coast, we didn't get Colovia itself. Skingrad is further inland from Kvatch, beyond Varen's wall which blocks us in. Sometimes in the future ZOS may take us to the Colovian Estates which actually has a labeled gate on Varen's Wall that isn't usable atm.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teejkapow wrote: »
    Im expecting a graphics overall to coincide with a TESO rerelease on next gen consoles

Hopefully they’re hard at work, then...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And bear in mind, Nirn has plenty of islands and even continents beyond Tamriel, like Akavir (which has lots of "new" races and racial variants), Aldmeris (if it still exists, or even ever truly existed), Atmora (which froze, causing the exodus of its people), Yokuda (the majority of the continent is said to have sunk), Thras (an island chain in the Sea of Pearls beyond Summerset), Pyandonea (the homeland of the Maormer), and Lyg (some sources say it was a continent, others say it's a mirror plane of all Tamriel).

Beyond that's there are still infinite realms in Oblivion to explore.

I don't recall seeing it discussed before, but there is always the chance the powers-that-be might at some point decide to go full Spelljammer with the lore and make some of the other realms in the Mundus able to hold life, such as Masser, Secunda, and the Aedric planets (my old D&D group explored this possibility once as part of a very fun, original campaign).
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teejkapow wrote: »

I'm not. The engine this game runs on is severely limited. There isn't much the devs can do to "upgrade" it. I think they're more likely to release an ESO 2 (or some other MMO).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 14, 2019 8:23AM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    And bear in mind, Nirn has plenty of islands and even continents beyond Tamriel, like Akavir (which has lots of "new" races and racial variants), Aldmeris (if it still exists, or even ever truly existed), Atmora (which froze, causing the exodus of its people), Yokuda (the majority of the continent is said to have sunk), Thras (an island chain in the Sea of Pearls beyond Summerset), Pyandonea (the homeland of the Maormer), and Lyg (some sources say it was a continent, others say it's a mirror plane of all Tamriel).

Beyond that's there are still infinite realms in Oblivion to explore.

I don't recall seeing it discussed before, but there is always the chance the powers-that-be might at some point decide to go full Spelljammer with the lore and make some of the other realms in the Mundus able to hold life, such as Masser, Secunda, and the Aedric planets (my old D&D group explored this possibility once as part of a very fun, original campaign).

Masser and Secunda are definitely able to hold life. You can even go there during the main quest chain in Reaper's March. Legend has it that Khajiits stood on top of each other's shoulders forming a ladder to the moons.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Skyrim (the game) is really popular and a huge success still played today. ZoS would have to tread carefully with putting Skyrim in ESO. So the singleplayer game doesn't do a better job than a huge MMO. But I think many players were a bit disappointed that only a smaller part of Skyrim is in ESO. So Skyrim next. :smile: Since Elsweyr has Dragons maybe a lot of players have already assumed that Skyrim will be next.

But I'd love to see some non Tamriel places. Since Tamriel is only one continent on all of Nirn, the planet. If we look at a map of Nirn instead. Aldmeris! Atmora! Would be cool to go there.

"Hail Adventurer! Are you prepared for this voyage? We shall be spending many days at sea traveling north to the ancient land of Atmora."

Y7qJiwbJxxY.jpg
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    DO THEY VIOLENT THE LORE IF THEY ALLOW US TO EXPLORE THE OTHER CONTINENT AT 2ND ERA ?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The map does have quiet a few areas in it yet for the next 5-7 years (or more), depending if chapters and dlc's are on Tamriel (really hoping for Mephala's realm to be a chapter at some point)

So in the next few years they will be planning whats beyond Tamriel, think they did address this in a Q&A recently (don't quote me on it) where they said they have years left of Tamriel stuff.

We have the known other continents and planes of existence, but they is nothing stopping them of adding new ones to the lore that we have not heard about yet.

Maybe there is another continent that's on the other side of the world that totally different to what we have seen/know about. what if there is a deadric prince who does not even like to go to mundus, or cant for reasons. Also there is Aetherius, there could be realms we could explore much like we do with Oblivion.

Also the current map will need to change, for example winterhold is above Eastmarch and currently Eastmarch is on the north coast. Very much looking forward to whats coming. :)
    Edited by Chaos2088 on April 14, 2019 9:31AM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    But I'd love to see some non Tamriel places. Since Tamriel is only one continent on all of Nirn, the planet. If we look at a map of Nirn instead. Aldmeris! Atmora! Would be cool to go there.

"Hail Adventurer! Are you prepared for this voyage? We shall be spending many days at sea traveling north to the ancient land of Atmora."
    Y7qJiwbJxxY.jpg

Aldmeris is a continent lost to the outside world. If I remember correctly, there's some kind of natural phenomena making it nigh impossible to reach by boat, since every expedition sent to Aldmeris never returns.

Atmora on the other hand is kinda interesting, it being the origin of the Nords/Imperials. However it's a completely barren frozen over wasteland. Anything left of the old civilizations are probably deep under ice sheets and glaciers, though would make for some really cool delves/dungeons.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is Markarth with a tribute to the House of Horrors quest
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Skyrim and Solstheim expansions.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I would say...

-Either 1 Chapter Or DLC for Elsweyr, it's hard to tell with how much is left. On some maps it looks like there's only a little more than a Murkmire-sized space left of Elsweyr after the chapter, but there's also still Torval, Senchal, Corinthe, and possibly Orcrest and Alabaster as major cities that are to be included, unless some of them get the Dusk treatment.

-Winterhold DLC, and West Skyrim Chapter (including the Reach possibly, if they want to make it the biggest chapter yet. Could be possible since they can work a lot of the map off of TES5 Skyrim like they did for TES3 Morrowind with ESO: Morrowind)

-Solstheim DLC for the 3rd time

-For Morrowind, there could be a Blacklight DLC OR it could be that it ends up being a part of a bigger chapter kind of like how Artaeum came with Summerset, and it just ends up being a place we go to for that Chapter, since Blacklight by itself is pretty small even for a DLC. East Morrowind could be another huge Chapter like West Skyrim may be, or split up into a Chapter + DLC (the DLC being the Telvanni Isles probably)

-Cyrodiil could have Colovian Highlands as a DLC, and Blackwood as a Chapter

-Hammerfell could have another DLC and a Chapter fit into it, or just one big Chapter, but I'm leaning more towards DLC + Chapter

-Black Marsh could be split up in many ways. 1 DLC + 2 Chapters, 1 DLC + 1 Huge Chapter but I doubt it. Or 2 DLC + 1 Chapter.

But honestly, it's hard to guess, the chapters can vary in size pretty wildly as far as the map goes it looks like.

I like the way the map is presented on this picture, it makes it seem a little easier to pinpoint how much is left of Tamriel to explore.

ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg?u=20190131
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOLSTHEIM - perfect size for a chapter! with 2 of the most beloved races - dunmer and nord!
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭

World of Warcraft is 15 years old and still doing fine population wise. If I'm not mistaken Ultima Online also still exists and that game should be 22 years old by now. So, no. ESO isn't gonna vanish anytime soon.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's possible to say by looking at a map of Tamriel how many releases it would take to fill it, because there's too many possibilities. For a start there's a lot of variation in the size of the maps and no reason to think future releases will stick to a predictable pattern, then there's the fact that they've added areas outside of Tamriel before filling in the whole land mass.

I hope we get to see all of Tamriel, and beyond, eventually, but I don't think there's any way to know exactly how long that will take.
    lelink88 wrote: »
    DO THEY VIOLENT THE LORE IF THEY ALLOW US TO EXPLORE THE OTHER CONTINENT AT 2ND ERA ?

Part of the reason they set ESO in the middle of the second era is because by the 3rd era, when the single player games are set, there were very few records surviving about what exactly went on. It was referred to as the Interregnum and known to be a period of strife and chaos when there was no actual emperor (although lots of people claimed the title) and a lot of war, but there had never been any exact details which gave them the freedom to decide what they wanted to do. Plus of course providing a setting for a huge on-going war in the middle of the continent.

Take Akavir for example: there's always been people going back and forth between there and Tamriel, that's how there's so many Akaviri weapons and armour around. Tamriel has never managed to conquer them (even when the whole continent is a united empire) but they've never been able to conquer Tamriel either. It was actually an Akaviri invasion which inspired the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, and before that it was Akaviri advisors who ruled what was left of the Second Empire until they were assassinated.

It would be very unusual to set up a large-scale treaty with Akavir or for large numbers of Tamriel's citizens to visit or settle there, but small groups going wouldn't be unusual. At least no more than people going to Coldhabour or the Clockwork City, or fighting daedric princes.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would have been working on the Skyrim expansion since 2017 with the release of falkreath. Riverwood has also been completed (the riverwood chicken’s background picture) and no doubt we’ll get it in 2021 for the 10th anniversary. But I have a feeling we’re getting Dawnstar (the pale) as a murkmire sized DLC next year.

I don’t want to give false hope, but I watched a YT video of new Elsweyr gameplay and I saw a new map hanging on the wall which did look like the bottom half of Elsweyr so we may get that at the end of this year.

Elder scrolls 6 seems to be set in Hammerfell so they’ll wait for that to be complete and then they’ll copy it but change/downgrade certain things (that’s hammerfell complete)

After these speculations - all that is left is a load of black marsh, a tiny bit of Morrowind (the north part is filled with mountains (check the oblivion map) and a chapter and DLC sized releases for Cyrodiil. Then obviously parts like Solthestim placed in between.

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's still a lot left
    Each hold of Skyrim will probably be either a zone or chapter DLC

There's the rest of Blackmarsh like Gideon and Archon areas, the inner mashes below Shadowfen and that area right of Deshaan.

The Telvanni Coast is probably 1 or 2 areas big, Blacklight, the one island soulstiem whatever DLC for Skyrim

Clovian Highlands, Nibenay Valley is proabably worth 1 or 2 zones Leaywiin and Bravil

Senchal and the rest of Elsywer

Tanth and areas below the Alik'r Desert areas below Bangkorai and Craglorn are probably good for 3 or 4 zones

Then there's always places like Akavir, Maomer island place, underwater Sload Kingdom, Lys, Old Yokuda, Atmora and a few islands dotted around Tamriel

Then the other Deadric realms also to think about they could always add more to CWC since its suppose to be the size and scale of Tamriel

And time travel and alternate realities are a thing as well and Dwemer stuff too

Also with Levitation magic There could be islands in the sky

Theres plenty of areas left and then some if they really wanted to get creative.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »

World of Warcraft is 15 years old and still doing fine population wise. If I'm not mistaken Ultima Online also still exists and that game should be 22 years old by now. So, no. ESO isn't gonna vanish anytime soon.

Also FF14 and dcuo were on ps3 and are now on ps4

Theythey just have to put ps4(or wathever its called) on the same megaserver than the ps4 and since your eso account is linked to your psn account everyting will work out
    Same for xbox
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the next gen console comes the people wont be able to afford it anymore with the prices these days. However I think the biggest painpoint will come when TES VI releases...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Considering Skyrim (the game) is really popular and a huge success still played today. ZoS would have to tread carefully with putting Skyrim in ESO. So the singleplayer game doesn't do a better job than a huge MMO. But I think many players were a bit disappointed that only a smaller part of Skyrim is in ESO. So Skyrim next. :smile: Since Elsweyr has Dragons maybe a lot of players have already assumed that Skyrim will be next.

Y7qJiwbJxxY.jpg

I agree with the skyrim, they do need to be careful. I didnt think about off this continent!
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    their is another 4 landmass and 13 planets never mind the other dimensions
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    their is another 4 landmass and 13 planets never mind the other dimensions

The could get creative, WoW did the same with new planets and unexplored areas.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling