The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bookshelves

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know how difficult this would be to do, but I had an idea about using bookshelves.

At present, it's really hard to use them. Books are often not the right size, or can't be put into the shelves unless collision is turned off... in which case they can't be USED. It's just a pain.

SO, I had this thought. What if they made the bookshelves CONTAINERS. Like the recycle bin on your desktop, it would show as empty initially, but when you put books into it, it would add them to the shelves. Ideally, it would show as many books on the shelves as there are IN the container. Also, it would be better if you could interact with the books without going into the container, but it would be acceptable to have to read them from within the bookshelf container.

What do you think, is there potential here?
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    That's something I would strongly support! They could make it that you interact with the bookcase, and pick up a random book like you do with other bookshelves in the game and read it. That should be quite possible I would say?

but something tells me that's more of a broken dream..
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just having a "filled bookcase" act as a container that only holds books would satisfy me.

Actually I'd just like more filled bookcases. Putting a storage chest next to one is better than the current empty bookcases, and books that don't fit.
  • mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    I have a library filled with the Hlaalu orderly bookshelves so I would welcome container bookshelves that can have small trinkets that would realistically fit on them and books.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Just having a "filled bookcase" act as a container that only holds books would satisfy me.

Actually I'd just like more filled bookcases. Putting a storage chest next to one is better than the current empty bookcases, and books that don't fit.

I agree. Having a filled bookcase that could contain only books would be fine. I just thought having an "empty" one that would fill as you put books in it would be even better... Crucially, it would need to be possible to read the books without being able to take them OUT (eg. so visitors could read them).
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    That's how it worked in Skyrim. Was really nice.