The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

One crafting table for all sets

ACHILLES 343i
ACHILLES 343i
✭✭✭
Not sure if this has already been suggested. Don't feel like searching the forums, but I wanted to offer an easy fix to the crafting table cluster-mmhmm at the houses. lol

* Couldn't you simply give one crafting table the ability to make any set, if an unlock has been attained? Just add a drop-down menu to the table UI with a list of all the sets, and allow us to turn the table into the sets that have been unlocked.

I noticed our massive guild hall is like 90% tables covering the entire main court. There was a crafter the other day who said they even prefer going to an overland spot, because trying to find a table in the hall is just a mess.

I don't really craft, and I'm a returning player, so it ultimately doesn't bother me that much.
However, just wanted to offer some insight on an idea that struck me in 5 minutes after seeing the guild hall flooded with tables... lol
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pretty good idea on paper ...

I'm not so sure ZOS likes the idea of making the zone crafting locales even more obsolete than they already are.

However, if ZOS can implement without perverting it into another crown monetizaton ... then you might be onto something.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Guild house has all the crafting sets. They are easy to find they have them all in A-Z order, with the alphabet above each row.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been suggested quite a few times. To keep it equitable, you'd need to purchase each upgrade slot for a multi-table for the same voucher price as a separate one, and you'd have to do the same process to attune the new style upgrade. No reason that they couldn't co-exist with the current ones, either. Just use a different model to distinguish the types.

But think of the furnishing slots that would free up at a guildhall! Even if the guild puts in several of each kind to avoid lines, you'd be able to have a guildhall in a medium residence, instead of just the grand manors. The current method needs nearly 300 slots in a residence just for the tables. Without ESO+, that's close to the limit for the largest.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Guild house has all the crafting sets. They are easy to find they have them all in A-Z order, with the alphabet above each row.

That doesn’t really make this idea less appealing ... in fact, it’s irrelevant to the idea when considering the furnishing spots it opens up.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sound like your guild need to organize their tables better or get an easier location like the Coldharbour house to set things up.

Two of the guilds I am in have the table set in alphabetical order takes a minute at most to find the set I am after.

Haven't been back to overland crafting locations since aside from deconing if they are on my way somewhere and I can't be bothered teleporting somewhere.
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    II don't see why 1 table could not be implemented.

You have all the tables? Then you should be able to trade them in for a table that has all sets. Maybe have a gold cost or some other cost to be able to do it.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    if the game continues in this path we will have a woodworking guild hall etc. the issue needs to be attended for sure

at least release crown store tables for guilds that can hold up to 5 sets, would be something we can deal with.

we still would need a dlc in order to attune to it, zos will make fresh crowns, guild halls can be decorated and made usefull for other stuff
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure which I would dislike more...

The status quo of finding the right station in a guild hall to craft the necessary set, or:

Scrolling through a complete list of all sets each time I want to craft at an all-in-one station.

Disclaimer - On console, and menu navigation is one of my pet peeves...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect Guilds would still have multiple stations, if only so that more than one player at a time can do blacksmithing. The trade-offs between long lists and seas of stations would be in their control, not imposed on them, and PC and console players might choose differently.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Scrolling through a complete list of all sets each time I want to craft at an all-in-one station.

Disclaimer - On console, and menu navigation is one of my pet peeves...

Have to have a way to designate favorites. While it won't help when doing Master Writs, reality is, we tend to craft from just a few sets for ourselves.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I suspect Guilds would still have multiple stations, if only so that more than one player at a time can do blacksmithing. The trade-offs between long lists and seas of stations would be in their control, not imposed on them, and PC and console players might choose differently.

Can only one person really interact with a table at a time? I know that's not the case for the open world tables, but is it true for tables inside a house?
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

Can only one person really interact with a table at a time? I know that's not the case for the open world tables, but is it true for tables inside a house?

When the player already using it has their Twilight pet out, it's almost true.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been suggested before, in the housing forum. But it's still a great idea and one that I think should be brought up again.

Whatever they do, there should be some kind of way to refund players for the previous stations, as that's a lot of writ vouchers down the drain.

Or, perhaps the "uber" station is a nominal fee, and then players can just "feed" it their old stations and any new ones they get. So, you'd still have the 250 voucher cost for an attunable station, and then you can either use it as is, or feed it to the uber station.

Maybe then you could get several uber stations and only have 6-12 sets in each if you want.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    This has been suggested before, in the housing forum. But it's still a great idea and one that I think should be brought up again.

Whatever they do, there should be some kind of way to refund players for the previous stations, as that's a lot of writ vouchers down the drain.

Or, perhaps the "uber" station is a nominal fee, and then players can just "feed" it their old stations and any new ones they get. So, you'd still have the 250 voucher cost for an attunable station, and then you can either use it as is, or feed it to the uber station.

Maybe then you could get several uber stations and only have 6-12 sets in each if you want.

I think the most likely situation would be they offer a table that you could then "add" the different attunables for the same 250 voucher fee. Thus, those of us who already have them "unlocked" would be able to combine them into one super table containing all of them.

(This coming from somebody who has his own personal crafting hall with all the attunables... I would be happy with this implementation, as long as I don't have to re-buy, otherwise, I'd just buy one, and only add the new stations to it)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points