The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deserter Penalty - From Leaving A Bugged Match!?

N00BxV1
N00BxV1
✭✭✭✭✭
Can something please be done about the Deserter Penalty from leaving bugged matches? I was just put in 2 bugged matches in a row (would not fill teams and start) and got a 20 minute penalty each time. This is the exact opposite of fun. I didn't wait around for the penalty to tick down again, I logged out and started playing a different game...

PC/NA
Edited by N00BxV1 on April 16, 2019 8:19PM
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    ive had 3 tonight where bg was bugged
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 out of the 5 matches that I queued for tonight were bugged...

1 played
    2 bugged = 20 minute penalty
    3 bugged = 20 minute penalty
    4 played
    5 bugged = 20 minute penalty

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get deserter penalty even if your connection drops. And you can't come back to that match like in any other pvp game.
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    i complain About it since month , Forums are full of complaints About it since YEARS!

So , Zos does what they do - They dont care. They bring new shini stuff for making Money thats all.-
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    its absolute ***. had 2 bugged bgs in a row last week, bgs going worse and worse. (q timers and stability)
    Edited by Haojin on April 18, 2019 7:11AM
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to me tonight. Just made ne want to not bother. I logged out.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got dced yesterday and had the penalty for the first time when I logged back on. I logged back off.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Can something please be done about the Deserter Penalty from leaving bugged matches? I was just put in 2 bugged matches in a row (would not fill teams and start) and got a 20 minute penalty each time. This is the exact opposite of fun. I didn't wait around for the penalty to tick down again, I logged out and started playing a different game...

PC/NA

Welcome to this pieceof trash failure of an mmo. They're lucky they make any money off of it; they don't deserve a dime. Barely anything functions.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    Devs needs to fix this ASAP
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    DEVS will never fix it bug is since years, as the invite declined bug too - all other mmos can so it fine ZOS not - since release.lol
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received another 20 minute penalty after we got the 2 man team bug and everyone left after 10 mins. Closed down the client, cancelled subscription and resubbed to WoW. Suffice it to say I'm annoyed.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Received another 20 minute penalty after we got the 2 man team bug and everyone left after 10 mins. Closed down the client, cancelled subscription and resubbed to WoW. Suffice it to say I'm annoyed.

I've moved on to Path of Exile until this gets sorted.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got another 20 minute penalty for leaving yet another bugged match...
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Just had yet another one of these... Seems like it has gotten worse. This is so irritating! I enjoy this game in spite of all of its bugs but sometimes I feel like ZOS doesn't even care at all, as long as they can keep raking in Crown Store sales they aren't motivated to fix the bugs... It's pathetic, and greedy and pisses me off to no end.
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    and again , but we know zos, they cant fix this since years, they just dont know HOW to disable the 20 min Penalty if Battleground is not srtarting

its to hard for them
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea same here, log in to play just to get into a bugged BG, waited 15 minutes or more inside and one of the teams never filled up so I left and got 20 minute penalty lol GREAT FUN!

How hard can it be to disable this penalty before the game starts? if they don't know how to fix it just remove it and come up with some other solution to punish people who leave mid fight... I'm sure there are plenty of creative ways to work around this.

ZoS I really like this game but everyday you make it so hard for me to keep playing... I want to have fun and play but every time I log in its like playing roullette and often I get no luck. It's just sad really :(
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if we got some sort of reaction that they are aware of this issue & perhaps even working on it.
  • AkromaAngelOfWrath
    AkromaAngelOfWrath
    ✭✭✭
    It's still happening now. When I tried getting into battlegrounds tonight, I kept getting "unable to queue" messages. Eventually got into the queue then got put into a team of only 3. After 5 minutes the match hadn't started. One of the other players left, then I did too and got the deserter penalty, so tried another character.
    The same "unable to queue" error appeared and since I had nothing else left I wanted to do in-game today I logged out.
    Edited by AkromaAngelOfWrath on April 23, 2019 8:14PM
    I'm laughing at your epeen