The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Writ Costs and Profits (Wrathstone)

Reorx_Holybeard
Reorx_Holybeard
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a while since I looked at the writ cost/profits so I decided to do a quick analysis to see if it's changed much in the past year. Short answer is: Still Very Profitable!
  • Average Writ Costs (for all 7 crafts) = 2900 gp
  • Average Writ Rewards = 19239 gp
  • Average Profits = 20986 gp

In fact, just the gold reward alone (664 gp/writ at max level) nets you a profit of 1750 gp. The summary by craft looks like:

q5rzFvP.png

Notes and Comments:
  • See this Google Sheet for more information including links of the raw data used.
  • Prices used are from PC-NA as of 12 April 2019 (taken from https://esosales.uesp.net).
  • Data is compiled from our logged data of +100,000 writs and +25,000 surveys (see https://esolog.uesp.net).
  • Jewelry writ value does not include the value of Master Writs.
  • Materials are slowly lost from doing writs so you'll eventually need to farm or purchase them (a new of 18/writ for Cloth/Black/Wood and 9/writ for Jewelry).

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on April 12, 2019 5:25PM
Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't total averages! That row is meaningless.

However, the rest of the table does support your conclusion, so just lose that line, please?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to work through the raw UESP data to check but does this text mean that this is all Max Tier Writs?
    664 gp/writ at max level

I have 30 days of L1 Writs on CP160 characters waiting to collate and I was expecting to show whether they are self sustaining with the new Writ Materials Rewards system.

This line suggests they don't but is that only at Max Tier? Or aggregate across all tiers?
    Materials are slowly lost from doing writs so you'll eventually need to farm or purchase them (a new of 18/writ for Cloth/Black/Wood and 9/writ for Jewelry).

Edited by SpAEkus on April 18, 2019 3:47PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think level 1 clothing /blacksmithing /woodworking writs are more than self sustainable currently (not including style materials). Jewelry may be slightly short but close depending on intricate drops.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Tier 1 writs are virtually self sustainable (with the exception of Jewelry - requires 5 or 6 only get 5 back, not counting surveys/intricates, add those in and they will return a net positive)

Most data is done at max tier writs because there is an abundance of materials, and the increased drop chance of gold improvement materials at higher levels, and the chance for master writ drops, which depending on their type are worth between 0-800g a voucher (on PC/NA). 0 for jewelry (for all intents and purposes) up to 800g a voucher for some alchemy poison and purple enchanting glyph master writs.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor correction, level 1 jewelry since Wrathstone is returning 4 pewter ounces and one copper dust, and needs 5-6 pewter.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Minor correction, level 1 jewelry since Wrathstone is returning 4 pewter ounces and one copper dust, and needs 5-6 pewter.

ah, thanks! I haven't done them since Wrathstone dropped... probably still a net positive with survey drops at least.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do ALL writs on 10 characters every day, Its boring start of my day playing. But its very worth it having invested crafting skills in my alts, 9 of them are doing silver or copper in jewelry i get so much chronium grains its unbelievable.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do ALL writs on 10 characters every day, Its boring start of my day playing. But its very worth it having invested crafting skills in my alts, 9 of them are doing silver or copper in jewelry i get so much chronium grains its unbelievable.

Amazing... put in a little time and effort and you get rewarded! Keep up the good work!