Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Can we get the Shivering Isles?

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd love to see the Shivering Isles in ESO - and the real ones, not the stuff we got in the mages' guild quests. Would make a perfect Murkmire-like DLC :(
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 19, 2023 6:39PM
Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To do it justice it would have to be a Chapter with a main quest plus a big quest line each for Mania and Dementia.

The Shivering Isles expansion was superb in Oblivion and I'd only want them to do it for ESO if they take the time to make a good looking well populated area with a lot of quests like Summerset rather than phoning it in and trading off the name like they did with Morrowind.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    To do it justice it would have to be a Chapter with a main quest plus a big quest line each for Mania and Dementia.

The Shivering Isles expansion was superb in Oblivion and I'd only want them to do it for ESO if they take the time to make a good looking well populated area with a lot of quests like Summerset rather than phoning it in and trading off the name like they did with Morrowind.

A Chapter would be a dream but I don't think that would happen :(
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why just Shivering Isles? There are 15 other Daedric Princes, and many of those have realms we've never seen. ESO has glimpses of some of them, and the single-player games had similar, but apart from Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands, there hasn't been a major quest line in any of them.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about Peryite instead? Scalecaller peaked my interest in him and I would be excited to explore the lore and realm of the Taskmaster, "The Pits"
    We've already seen Shivering Isle, how about we think about places we have NOT been to before we go the Nostalgia route again.

Check out this thread on him, interesting stuff
    https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/4zct3i/the_shadow_of_aka_peryite/
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Shivering Isles in ESO - and the real ones, not the stuff we got in the mages' guild quests. Would make a perfect Murkmire-like DLC :(

Is somebody getting nostalgic for Oblivion?

I can understand... :)
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Why just Shivering Isles? There are 15 other Daedric Princes, and many of those have realms we've never seen. ESO has glimpses of some of them, and the single-player games had similar, but apart from Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands, there hasn't been a major quest line in any of them.

Your memory needs a refresh.

We went to Mehrunes Dagon's plane in dungeons and quests, Nocturnal's one in Summerset and CWC, Molag Bal's with Coldharbour/main quest, Meridia's with the colored rooms, Mephala's in Summerset, Hircine's in dungeon DLC/werewolf quest... and I am sure I am forgetting many.

Of course, I want to discover other planes but the Shivering Isles is quite something!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 12, 2019 5:22PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I doubt they will give it to us as Sheogorath is already present in the game or maybe like in 2022...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 12, 2019 5:23PM
  • Lucillehe
    Lucillehe
    I'd really love a DLC in the Shivering Isles too! Their design is beautiful and exploring them in ESO would be such a treat!
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    C H E E S E.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• ELawlis
    ELawlis
    ✭✭✭
    New Necromancer skill line: Forum Resurrection.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a full skyrim zone :P
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • menetherinb16_ESO
    How about fixing the game first.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They cant do that, they just dont want to admit it you know bad Pr and stuff :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am shivering about the prospect

93.jpeg
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on November 4, 2019 7:12PM
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but all the weird bugs would at least make some kind of sense,
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! It would be a disapointment! Let that magic untouched (TES IV-SI).
    Edited by gepe87 on November 4, 2019 7:47PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they bring Wes back.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they would butcher it soooo badly
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    This would bring for an interesting arena..... equipped with only a WABBAJACK
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malacath’s plane - Ashpit
  • RaveRaveRaveRave
    RaveRaveRaveRave
    ✭✭✭
    Shivering Isles is always the first place that I mention whenever we have the conversation of "what area would you want next?"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. No interest. Hate Sheo. Never bothered with SI.... SO not my thing. But yeah, if y'all want it fine, I just won't bother with it.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mages Guild quest line does include parts of the realm but a full on zone would be nice for sure. Legends did it so maybe there is a hope for us yet.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Vayek
    Vayek
    ✭✭
    Thnis thread has been here for a long while. but I would also really love to see the Shivering Isles added to ESO. That was my personal favorite about Oblivion
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in April 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.