The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Crit worth it on StamDK (Non-CP BG)

YohanZo
YohanZo
I have 17% crit on my current build. It's pretty low for me since I usually like to run +25% on other builds. But the build is solid and I will sacrifice a lot of essential stuff if I run weapon crit pots or replace a skill with Flames of Oblivion or Evil Hunter.

Do most people actually run full impenetrable? Is crit worth the sacrafice?

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth do you even get such low crit. It's not just damage where it's useful, but for healing. If you get defiled in BGs and get no crits on your healing it's pretty much game over. I would never enter a battleground with such low crit personally.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This depends on what setup you are going for. There are 4 types of damage setups.

1) Build for pure weapon damage with heavy sets such as Veiled Heritance / Ravager / Seventh with Blocking for mitigation. Here you will get 3.5% crit chance each set so 7% crit chance. So total crit chance will be 17% + 10% from Major Savagery.
    2) Go with medium armor sets where you get additional 10% crit chance and passive weapon damage with roll dodging as mitigation. Here, your total crit chance depends on the sets but you usually people get around 33-37% crit chance here.
    3) Build for direct damage with proc sets such as Selene / Sloads / Curse of Doylemish / Poisonous Serpent where armor works for you and you dont have to build for weapon damage or weapon crit. Use ults and Heavy Attacks for sustain and survival.
    4) Build for ultimate with Bloodspawn, Werewolf Hide, a set of your choice and Asylum 2H and dump ults for damage and sustain. Crit chance here will be 13.5% with Heavy or 23.5% with medium +10%.

In summary, go according to your playstyle and mix match the above. The only way you can get more crit chance is if you go with Thief Mundus + Leviathan / Berserkering Warrior (yes i have seen some people using this in PvP). But then you will have less weapon damage.

VMA 1HS is amazing for sustain.

I am mixmatching with 10% crit chance lol. Those direct damaging proc sets work nicely in no-cp.

Edited by techprince on April 11, 2019 4:13PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YohanZo wrote: »

Do most people actually run full impenetrable? Is crit worth the sacrafice?

The pvpers do. For people who dabble or pvp infrequently who knows, in beginner BGs people don’t even heal themselves so they’re probably making lots of mistakes.

I believe all impenetrable is a requirement, spec for taking down the toughest opponents, there’s no need to spec for taking down beginners. I actually killed someone in a beginner BG from 100-0 health with just light attacks.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 13, 2019 8:47PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm wondering if i overdid it. I have 53% crit chance and 3500 weapon damage with about 20k resist unbuffed

Or are we talking about something else?

This seems to be about the best I can do with crafted gear. But it seems to work good in BGs. In CP Cyrodiil, not so much. I haven't tried non CP Cyrodiil yet.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you slot to reach that Crit level and maintain high resistance?
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

Resistance is only Spell, as long as I keep brawler shields up I don't need as much physical. Suffice to say I can survive 3 attackers longer than I can 1 as long as they rush me or I can gap close. This works well in BG not in Cyrodiil.

I'm running 5 Hundings (1 being necklace with Infused) and 5 Twice born Star with Warrior and Thief. 2 agility (but anything with stamina in 2 piece slot will work.

Bar shown is Flames of Oblivion, Reverse Slash, Critical Rush, Brawler, Rally
    Back bar is Bow and more for farming (also good for Chaos ball and Capture the relic as Retreating Maneuver is slotted) . Crit drops to 48.7 and weapon damage to 3205. I don't have flames on back bar.

Weapon Damage on front bar goes to 4208 when Rally is running.
    (pic is with DCT drink active)

Edit: why does health and Stamina go up when in Battle Grounds is there a buff that goes active only there? In a match they are higher than what is shown here.

Edit:2 Crit potion takes back bar up to 58.7 (bow) but doesn't affect front bar, I'm assuming that is because flames of oblivion and potions can't stack?

57678135_10219063996376056_1062908898572238848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=f6f5e39a9918382c0b9f3b26592a119c&oe=5D3B0D95
    Edited by Casdha on April 24, 2019 1:31PM

• DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

Resistance is only Spell, as long as I keep brawler shields up I don't need as much physical. Suffice to say I can survive 3 attackers longer than I can 1 as long as they rush me or I can gap close. This works well in BG not in Cyrodiil.

I'm running 5 Hundings (1 being necklace with Infused) and 5 Twice born Star with Warrior and Thief. 2 agility (but anything with stamina in 2 piece slot will work.

Back bar is Bow and more for farming (also good for Chaos ball and Capture the relic as Retreating Maneuver is slotted) . Crit drops to 48.7 and weapon damage to 3205. I don't have flames on back bar.

Edit: why does health and Stamina go up when in Battle Grounds is there a buff that goes active only there? In a match they are higher than what is shown here.

Edit:2 Crit potion takes back bar up to 58.7 (bow) but doesn't affect front bar, I'm assuming that is because flames of oblivion and potions can't stack?

57678135_10219063996376056_1062908898572238848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=f6f5e39a9918382c0b9f3b26592a119c&oe=5D3B0D95

Yes, potion and flames of oblivion don't stack, since it is the same buff.

Well you get more health in pvp areas, including BG's, I don't know about your stamina increase tough.
    If at all you should loose out on max stam, since you don't get the CP stat bonus in the BG
    Edited by DemonDruaga on May 1, 2019 12:35AM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

Well you get more health in pvp areas, including BG's, I don't know about your stamina increase tough.
    If at all you should loose out on max stam, since you don't get the CP stat bonus in the BG

You are correct, Here are my stats in a BG match with the same character

Edit: although I have changed stuff around a bit since these were made.

59299187_10219124668852830_7460829016056922112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ae296af0ff0ff2ff4a6155f33412d10f&oe=5D2EF73E
    Edited by Casdha on May 2, 2019 6:42PM