The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Did Argonians once control Voriplasms?

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I noticed that a Voriplasm I encountered in the Xanmeer, during the main quest of Murkmire, was built into trap of the structure.
When the player grabs the crystal; We see the plasm drain from the walls, travel through the floor and fill a statue before bursting the structure from within.
According to the lore the Argonians bound an incredibly large specimen of Voriplasm known as 'Wuju-Ka' to the caverns. Could the Argonians have bound Voriplasms to Xanmeers that then functioned as an organic intelligence that assisted its masters in return for nutrients?
Now that the Argonians no longer live in these Xanmeers has the Voriplasm been left to its own devices since or do they still operate somewhat under the old masters orders?

As a side note; I can see Voriplasm spawnings as the Black Marsh Chapter equivalent of Dark Anchors.

ON-creature-Ixtaxh_Voriplasm.jpg

Edited by Iccotak on April 10, 2019 12:37PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could be made as traps, but i doubt they were dutiful guardians. They're nothing more than predatory organisms.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    They could be made as traps, but i doubt they were dutiful guardians. They're nothing more than predatory organisms.

As they are now, but what if they could be controlled?
  • Sekt_Tiberlus
    Sekt_Tiberlus
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians have a lot of beastmasters and can use as their native scaled creatures like wamasu, and also foreign species. Argonians in Shadowfen controls dreugh with ancient relic. Argonians in Mazzatun controls haj-mota(that supposed to be one of the most stubborn and uncontrolloble creature) and trolls(!). Argonian in Deeshan uses alchemy to controll wasps.
    Theory that Ancient Saxhleel controlled Ancient Nedes in Craglorn through religion, cause Serpent = aspect of Sithis
    I also found argonian in Scaled Court, that uses snakes to fight at his side.

But, there is a problem with voriplasm. Although it is essentially a giant bacterium It have his own mind. That thing can't be considered as loyal pet like wamasu or giant serpent, its too dangerous and always hungry. May be it was the secret weapon or the product of argonian biomancy. May be its possible to control using ancient saxhllel knowledge, since they used the ritual to preserve Wuju-Ka.