The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is Spellbreaker dyeable? Is there a ward animation?

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
In Skyrim when you hold block with Spellbreaker, there is a noticable ward effect. Does the ESO version have it when holding block?
Also could you please post pictures of Spellbreaker with different dyes?
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it today and was a little disappointed it is Not Dyeable, and no special effect.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it today and was a little disappointed it is Not Dyeable, and no special effect.

Thank you. One more thing: is it big enough to cover your characters buttocks when put on the back?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the angle and the concave surface, that last question is a bit up to interpretation.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elder-scrolls-artifact-spellbreaker-shield/

But like Chrysamere, this isn't actually Spellbreaker. It's just a functional replica of a version of it.
    signing off
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's too shiny for my tastes. Looks tacky. Pass on that one too.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Colours could indeed be better. Looks a little strange in some lightning.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Colours could indeed be better. Looks a little strange in some lightning.

Yeah, also they could make it look unique to this game instead of ripping off the Skyrim look. The artifacts do change in each game.

Daggerfall:
    DF-item-Spell_Breaker.png
    Morrowind:
    120px-MW-item-Spellbreaker.jpg
    Oblivion:
    120px-OB-item-Spell_Breaker.jpg
    Skyrim:
    120px-SR-item-Spellbreaker.jpg
    ESO (exactly like Skyrim one):
    a4ca666d3b393c0307a6bb9e1e4f17a7.jpg

Kinda sucks, and the colour doesn't look Dwarven at all.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was incredibly fun to go into Scalecaller Peak and beat Zaan with her own shield, on HM, on pledge day. :D
    XtHP5wo.jpg
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too thin, looks just like a painted garbage lid. I was hoping for the best.

And just plan in all future lore weapons not to be dyeable
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw somebody use it on tank build. It goes great with white-knight armored concepts such as Lion Guard Elite costume.

Unfortunately, this whole series of item doesn't seem to be dyeable.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    But like Chrysamere, this isn't actually Spellbreaker. It's just a functional replica of a version of it.
    ^This!^

And that's what we can expect from the "artifact replicas" - non-dyeable looks only. But hey, for some characters... it fits!
    (Has gotten a Chrysamere for a certain paladin-wannabe orc amazon character!)
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer it was dyeable. Replicas don't have to be spot on, right? And, as I had shown above, artifacts in Tamriel do change their look from time to time anyway.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing it isnt dyable. For roleplaying purposes. For example, my character has spellbraker because she took it from Zaan. I also have her armor so it is fun to think I lootes her whole armor. But yes they could make the colours more dwemer like. Also Chrysamere is so cool for us who have played morrowind. Specially since a bunch of people didnt buy it because they only played skyrim or eso.

My only wish is that these items never come back. As they are reliques its fun to barely see them around. I will buy all of them, calm down ZOS, you will get enough money from them.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peritye wrote: »
    But yes they could make the colours more dwemer like. Also Chrysamere is so cool for us who have played morrowind.

TBH I don't really like to colours of Chrysamere as well. If I could dye it to look more appropriate, it would might even be worth the crowns.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it’s not customizeable I have no desire for it and I get the feeling I’m not alone in that thought
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peritye wrote: »
    Good thing it isnt dyable. For roleplaying purposes. For example, my character has spellbraker because she took it from Zaan. I also have her armor so it is fun to think I lootes her whole armor. But yes they could make the colours more dwemer like. Also Chrysamere is so cool for us who have played morrowind. Specially since a bunch of people didnt buy it because they only played skyrim or eso.

My only wish is that these items never come back. As they are reliques its fun to barely see them around. I will buy all of them, calm down ZOS, you will get enough money from them.

If it was dyeable you still wouldn't have to dye it. How is having less options a good thing? ;)
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU