The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All Faction Drop as an option (Mercenary Faction)

Zenartista
Zenartista
✭✭✭
I'm perfectly ok with the faction lock. I'm actually interested in seeing what it does after the change.

However I would like it if something was added that allowed players to drop factions all together.

I would like the ability to be a target to everything with the exception of your own group.
Also the means to travel around the map. Maybe disable the ability to take keeps but outposts and towns is alright.

Just an Idea since I do not subscribe to any faction and I would rather have an easier time finding fights for myself and my group
Edited by Zenartista on April 9, 2019 4:21PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...an Outlaw alliance...I kinda like this concept
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But why are you proposing their color be red? :)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And you cant see this being trolled even more
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo...this would benefit the dedicated AP Farmer groups...as they would have more players to farm...
    Would benefit the Alliances as the population cap would have fewer Farming groups n thus more people focused on objectives
    Would have to limit number of Outlaws...maybe just 1 bar for pop cap?

Interesting...
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    But why are you proposing their color be red? :)

I don’t think I said that.
    Personally I would prefer black

And you cant see this being trolled even more

Everything can be trolled, people need better ways of coping other than complaining.
    Complaining about trolling It’s the reason why the pvp was removed from the justice system and we missed out on a awesome pvp update
    Soo...this would benefit the dedicated AP Farmer groups...as they would have more players to farm...
    Would benefit the Alliances as the population cap would have fewer Farming groups n thus more people focused on objectives

Interesting...

Yea for sure.
    I have so much ap I don’t know what to do with it. I just want more targets lol

I don’t know about 1 bar but yea maybe a limit pop at first. Also limit the group size to 6 or 8 ? Make it a little interesting and higher risk for if you Zerg lol
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zenartista it's because of the Rouge in the title.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭

Huh? Not sure what you mean

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenartista wrote: »

Heh...Rouge= French for Red
    Rogue=Outlaw
    Extremely common mistake that became a common joke in WoW
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on April 9, 2019 4:10PM
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭

Heh...Rouge= French for Red
    Rogue=Outlaw

Ooh ok. Didn’t mean it that, as you can see I don’t speak French. :smiley:

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been called many names and described in various ways, but a fourth "mercenary" faction has been asked for and recommended to ZOS for years. In particular it was referenced in feedback from the first ever pvp beta test weekend 9 months before launch. 5 years of post-launch development history should show you IC, which was done horribly, is the only significant post-launch content pvp will ever receive from ZOS.

Even more importantly, IC was predominantly developed by the original dev team, not the measly one we now have whose failed to handle such issues as lag fixing in 5 years. Aim your sights a lot lower and ask them to fix the dozens of unfixed bugs that have plagued Cyrodiil for years.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    It's been called many names and described in various ways, but a fourth "mercenary" faction has been asked for and recommended to ZOS for years. In particular it was referenced in feedback from the first ever pvp beta test weekend 9 months before launch. 5 years of post-launch development history should show you IC, which was done horribly, is the only significant post-launch content pvp will ever receive from ZOS.

Even more importantly, IC was predominantly developed by the original dev team, not the measly one we now have whose failed to handle such issues as lag fixing in 5 years. Aim your sights a lot lower and ask them to fix the dozens of unfixed bugs that have plagued Cyrodiil for years.

I see. That’s interesting
    I would love to see IC reworked. I miss the infinite spawns

But I think Zos is more focused on selling us things than fixing the current ones so I don’t hold my breath for that.
    If zos wants to paywall my exit into a merc factions, I’d buy that
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly ok with the faction lock. I'm actually interested in seeing what it does after the change.

However I would like it if something was added that allowed players to drop factions all together.

I would like the ability to be a target to everything with the exception of your own group.
    Also the means to travel around the map. Maybe disable the ability to take keeps but outposts and towns is alright.

Just an Idea since I do not subscribe to any faction and I would rather have an easier time finding fights for myself and my group

A 4th faction certainly has some interesting applications. I don't know how feasible a free-for-all group only style would be, but that could be interesting too.

They could be given their own leader board and kept out of the scoring for the campaign.

Any keeps and objectives they control would not count towards any points.

They could generally be a disruption to the other alliances and each other.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep let's put an option in the game that everyone can drop out of there faction and by everyone I mean everyone and people cant see an issue there
  • Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »

A 4th faction certainly has some interesting applications. I don't know how feasible a free-for-all group only style would be, but that could be interesting too.

They could be given their own leader board and kept out of the scoring for the campaign.

Any keeps and objectives they control would not count towards any points.

They could generally be a disruption to the other alliances and each other.

I like those ideas.

I would much rather see the free for all group more than just a fourth faction if ever possible.
    Yep let's put an option in the game that everyone can drop out of there faction and by everyone I mean everyone and people cant see an issue there

Well you can make leaving the faction a hard change to revert. Maybe something like 50,000,000 ap or some rediculous amount to revert to your faction.
    Also we spoke above about of a severe pop lock to limit the amount of Mercs active

Also I don’t think 6-8 player capped groups would not be an attractive incentive to those player that prefer larger groups or faction alliance play. Idk if I’m wrong but my observation is that most people perfer running in those large “safe” herds or ranking up in the leaderboards and winning the campaign for their faction
    I don’t care about campaign rewards, well maybe just the gold lol

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A boy has no faction.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just call it the 'I'm special' faction, should satisfy all the people asking for one
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Zenartista
    Zenartista
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    A boy has no faction.

A man needs no faction...

?

<insert arbitrary thought here>
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been brought up before and I think it would be really awesome
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

If a factionless option would really be offered or were planned I wouldn't mind about faction lock for the factions. But this is not the case now and so faction lock, if it really goes live, will just restrict the ways we can play.

And yes, a factionless option would be awesome!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, it would be too popular.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

This person gets it
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭

^ this.

It's a great idea that I'd love to see. But realistically (unless you seriously handicapped the pop limit) this faction would just devistate the rest of the
    Game. For one, it would consist of all the best players in the game. The good thing is, they're still able to fight each other. But overall, you'd be diminishing the strength of the factions and massivley pissing them off at the same time.

It'd be super cool though. I'd love to see mercenary groups getting contracted out by factions to secure scroll or whatever. All the qq that would entail would be payment enough.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Interesting...

yOu cAn'T kIlL pLaYeRs iN pVp oR eLsE uR aN aP fArmEr
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I think (if we are asking for pie in the sky stuff) they should make cyrodiil guild based. You can pick a guild you want to fight for and everyone that doesn't have that guild selected can fight you. They could even add ways for guilds to make alliances. Let's end the three banner war and make our own wars.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

That's why I think (if we are asking for pie in the sky stuff) they should make cyrodiil guild based. You can pick a guild you want to fight for and everyone that doesn't have that guild selected can fight you. They could even add ways for guilds to make alliances. Let's end the three banner war and make our own wars.

I would like that very much. All guilds vs AOTP?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like that very much. All guilds vs AOTP?

Haha, you're a man/woman after my own heart.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see all the AE spam lords play in a game with friendly fire.
    Edited by zyk on April 10, 2019 12:34AM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

and enemy healing!

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

They'd still find a way to win.
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭

I've always wanted this to. The politics alone would be so fun. I always wanted it so you could claim keeps for you guild and others guilds had to try to take them from you. Then, the reward for owning keeps would be gold and resorces into the guild bank every x period based on your keep levels and which resources you control. This way it would be appealing for players to join guilds as both large and smallscale players to work together and secure their incomes.

But alas, we have cyrodil...a soon to be locked tri faction meaningless, rewardless laghole.