Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

why do my storage boxes show the wrong count?

Iarao
Iarao
✭✭✭✭
i have one that says 59/60, but i counted and i only have 56 in there. if you count the stacked overage it comes out to more than 60 so that cannot be the reason.

Best Answer

• Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok everything is good now. they had me remove more than just my addons. i had to remove saved variables and addon settings and run repair.

may have been operator error, tho. it didnt register that the boxes had a junk tab (whose contents do not show when you choose the "all" tab) and it is very likely that i had separated out the stuff i wanted to put in my boxes by putting them in my pack junk tab. and so they went into the box junk tab and it never registered that the box had one of those. my GB does not have a junk tab. i dont remember specifically checking that tab in the boxes, but i have been very busy with this last event and so maybe i did and maybe i didnt. so maybe they fixed it, but most likely it was operator error. old dog; new trix. :/
    Edited by Iarao on May 12, 2019 3:07AM
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running any add-ons? Such as Advanced Filters?

Try disabling add-ons and re-count ...
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running any add-ons? Such as Advanced Filters?

Try disabling add-ons and re-count ...

count is still wrong. :/
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re absolutely sure you counted right, the next step is to start a Support ticket to have ZOS look at it ...
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Have you clicked one of the sorting icons at the top of the box? If you look at the top of the inventory screen when you open the box, you can see several options including weapons, armour, crafting mats, furnishings, etc. The "knot" icon to the very left will show you every single item in the container whereas if you have clicked the weapon icon, it will only show you weapons in the container and hide all other bits. Hope this helps!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garish wrote: »
    Have you clicked one of the sorting icons at the top of the box? If you look at the top of the inventory screen when you open the box, you can see several options including weapons, armour, crafting mats, furnishings, etc. The "knot" icon to the very left will show you every single item in the container whereas if you have clicked the weapon icon, it will only show you weapons in the container and hide all other bits. Hope this helps!

yes i did.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »

yes i did.

Let us know how your support ticket turns out, @larao.

I'm curious if this type of bug could affect other players' storage ...
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »

yes i did.

Let us know how your support ticket turns out, @larao.

I'm curious if this type of bug could affect other players' storage ...

i was told not to expect to hear anything. always get that when you put in a bug report.

one thing i didnt try was logging on to an alt toon on that acct and checking out what i see. will go there now. and if you want a pic, let me know ingame how i can get it to you @iarao

ok did it. same results. more than one box is not counting right.
    Edited by Iarao on April 14, 2019 2:37AM
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭

ty garish. you came closest. they were in the "junk" tab. see my post above.
    Edited by Iarao on May 12, 2019 3:06AM