The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mass Refine addon or feature?

VinxTerranova
VinxTerranova
✭✭✭
56478625_1506790956121012_6852520140655820800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f48c00bc7c94c58c1a5a72f481f0f1bd&oe=5D4BBB26
It's simple, is there a feature or plan for a mass refine button? I really don't wanna hit R 130 times for each resource. Or does anyone know if there's a good addon that does it automatically?
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As raaphor linked, Multicraft will do it automatically (it won't make it go any quicker, but it will automate the process)

Bulk refining is sorely needed in the game, especially for console. I have no idea why it's not base game.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • VinxTerranova
    VinxTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    It helps a little. But is there an even faster way?
  • VinxTerranova
    VinxTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to shift click and make it go up by 10 but then I'm still sitting here for about 2 minutes lol
  • masterroschi
    masterroschi
    Soul Shriven
    This addon will automatically refine all raw materials at any given craft station.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2175-AutoRefine.html

I think it is more what you were looking for.
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to shift click and make it go up by 10 but then I'm still sitting here for about 2 minutes lol

@VinxTerranova Where it has the number of mats you are refining, you can click on it and enter in your number manually.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't work on the PS4 and I would assume the XBOX.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those closest thing you can get on console is an automated controller that sends the "press x" (or PS4 equivalent) without requiring manual input. I'm pretty sure any controller mod that automates a process is against ToS however, so proceed at your own risk.

I had a friend (actually a friend and not "a friend") that purchased one of these controllers for doing mass refines of raw material purchased in bulk from bot-lords. He said it worked like a champ though it didn't speed the process up but maybe a few milliseconds each refine, so he would toggle the TV input over to Netflix or something while his character stood at the crafting station for hours. He did eventually get caught and temp-banned so, like I said, buyer beware.

Grammar
    Edited by Feric51 on April 10, 2019 7:49PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably for anti hack measures, each operation has to sent individually, so Mass operations probably would not work. The ones that automate the client side do speed it up, but the real benefit is being able to read a book or eat a meal or take the dog for a walk while refining
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thought. Each time you refine ten, the RNG rolls to determine what trait materials and tempers you get along with the refined mats. Any bulk method would do that only once, so the variety of "extras" would be reduced. Not quantity, just variety. Anecdotally, the first refinement of a session seems to get no extras, and I wouldn't want that nothing multiplied up.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    One thought. Each time you refine ten, the RNG rolls to determine what trait materials and tempers you get along with the refined mats. Any bulk method would do that only once, so the variety of "extras" would be reduced. Not quantity, just variety. Anecdotally, the first refinement of a session seems to get no extras, and I wouldn't want that nothing multiplied up.

They could queue that up server side. So say you want to refine 1,000 raw rubedite ore. It sends the server a request to do 100 "refines" calculates the RNG for all 100 of those independently and returns the materials.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Probably for anti hack measures, each operation has to sent individually, so Mass operations probably would not work. The ones that automate the client side do speed it up, but the real benefit is being able to read a book or eat a meal or take the dog for a walk while refining

The add-ons (Multicraft) that do the mass refining are actually slower than what you can do by clicking (to avoid being kicked for spamming), but I agree that the biggest advantage is being able to do something else while that is happening (even if that may violate the ToS to be honest)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could careless how long it would take to refine. Consoles need some way to do it without sitting and hitting the same button over and over. Currently I have over 36k of rubedite ore and the thought of sitting and hitting the same button 3600 times over at least 2 hours is not something I call fun. It I had to do I would just turn the game off.

Yes I know I can sell it and makes lots of money but I don't need the money and over 10k refined to use now. So I guess it will just continue to collect even more in the crafting bag.🤨
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I could careless how long it would take to refine. Consoles need some way to do it without sitting and hitting the same button over and over. Currently I have over 36k of rubedite ore and the thought of sitting and hitting the same button 3600 times over at least 2 hours is not something I call fun. It I had to do I would just turn the game off.

Yes I know I can sell it and makes lots of money but I don't need the money and over 10k refined to use now. So I guess it will just continue to collect even more in the crafting bag.🤨

Completely agree for console... how you don't have an automated refine feature is beyond me
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This addon will automatically refine all raw materials at any given craft station.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2175-AutoRefine.html

I think it is more what you were looking for.

Thank You very much for that. I'm in the middle of a writ rewards study and when done will have tons of surveys and refining.

That addon does stats too so I won't have to use a separate addon for RNG tracking.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Those closest thing you can get on console is an automated controller that sends the "press x" (or PS4 equivalent) without requiring manual input. I'm pretty sure any controller mod that automates a process is against ToS however, so proceed at your own risk.

I had a friend (actually a friend and not "a friend") that purchased one of these controllers for doing mass refines of raw material purchased in bulk from bot-lords. He said it worked like a champ though it didn't speed the process up but maybe a few milliseconds each refine, so he would toggle the TV input over to Netflix or something while his character stood at the crafting station for hours. He did eventually get caught and temp-banned so, like I said, buyer beware.

Grammar

I wouldn't bother with that, though I also would not try to buy from bot farmers myself. Hitting a button mindlessly while doing something on my computer which is in front of me in my normal playing location (the TV is just to the side) is doable now. I would still prefer to tell it to just refine the stack.
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Completely agree for console... how you don't have an automated refine feature is beyond me

We are definitely missing many things that would make the game much nicer. I do miss the days of my WoW addons.

PC
    PS4/PS5