Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Vampire and what it does to our eyes.

Dubsize
Dubsize
Hey folks, if this point already was discussed im sry.

So im a dunmer and i like my racial eyes the red ones so a guild member bite me few days ago couse he had nothing to eat in his bag and then i saw this....

WHITE EYES! Ok maybe u would say red eyes but no they were red before totaly red. So for me theyre white now :disappointed:

So is it part of beeing a vampire getting human eyes?
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    Dubsize wrote: »
    Hey folks, if this point already was discussed im sry.

So im a dunmer and i like my racial eyes the red ones so a guild member bite me few days ago couse he had nothing to eat in his bag and then i saw this....

WHITE EYES! Ok maybe u would say red eyes but no they were red before totaly red. So for me theyre white now :disappointed:

So is it part of beeing a vampire getting human eyes?

Hmm, my vampire has red eyes and is also a dunmer. She just claims the red is her natural eye colour.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    So its a bug? U have no white in ur dunmer eyes? Let me see a screenshot pls :)
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how mine looks like :'(

bridging-the-vampire-gap-20110513041758439.jpg

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it looks really stupid

vamp-front.jpg
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer

5DgjZBd.jpg
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭

tEaiQyP.jpg
    You probably mean stage 4 vampirism which looks like this
    ZeXC7uYr.jpg
    Which I also dont like. She looks way better at stage 1.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Downside to being a vampire is you look ugly as sin.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happens with Altmer and Bosmer. They end up with human-like eyes at stage 1. Not sure what's going on there.
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    Yeah stupid of course and ugly too but isnt there a dunmer or racial version of vampire eyes?

Thats how my eyes looked before.
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    Ok i dont know how to put a pic in here so theres alink to an google image i hope its allowed to post links? if not pls delete the link and im sry

https://www.google.com/search?q=dunmer+eyes&rlz=1C1CHBF_deDE722DE722&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkyda04L7hAhWGDOwKHSJmBxQQ_AUIDigB&biw=1083&bih=543#imgrc=7w__BOx72dUkpM:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a result of having stage 3/4 vampirism, at lower stages the eyes look red, at least they do for both my dunmer vamps.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you get eyes? Grant us eyes!
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I think that's a result of having stage 3/4 vampirism, at lower stages the eyes look red, at least they do for both my dunmer vamps.

They have 'red' eyes (it can change a lil based on how light your chars eyes are, generally the darker the eye colour the redder they are as a vamp, the lighter they are the more blue they have in them) but stage 1 has human looking eyes (the eyewhites) where as ESO dunmer have whole Irises and don't have visible eyewhites.

stage 2 is redder but still has the human eyes and it kinda just looks like you got wasabi in your eyes. IMO stage 3 looks best on elves but you're gonna have the inner part of the iris being more white so.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Downside to being a vampire is you look ugly as sin.

At stage 4. At stage 1 you just get dark around the eyes and red eyes, which I do like.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weird thing is that there is no vampire eye texture for elven races, so they lose their oversized irises and instead get the regular human vampire eyes. Which is what looks weird.

((I think. I haven't had a vampire elf in a long time))
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    The weird thing is that there is no vampire eye texture for elven races, so they lose their oversized irises and instead get the regular human vampire eyes. Which is what looks weird.

u get my point dude ty :) i got rid of beeing a vampire just a second ago its just to ugly and not elvish
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO they should fix vampire as far as races go. I get them being "pale" but turning white kinda seems..... Off? For cosmetic and logic. Having a dark skinned character suddenly turn white/near white is pretty odd. As well as a khajiit's fur going white/ argonians scales going white. Stage 1 isn't as bad but for example I have a dunmer with the darkest skin tone and with stage 1 on vampire and he's white. Dark skin doesn't suddenly lose all pigment upon death. Neither does fur/scales. I get being more ashy/paler ofc but I think the overlay could use some work with how it works for different races. (and of course fix the eyes for elves)
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plot twist- Vampirism is racist? :D
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You tried the Artic Rime skin? I happened to get one in a crate and it made my dunmer vamp look practically normal. Now, I created it with white eyes but it looks like the eyes are as clear as when the character was made.

Edited by barney2525 on April 7, 2019 10:06PM
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    Skins are utterly ugly. And i would never buy a lootbox pls call it lootbox couse it is an lootbox note a *inserst name here*
  • Dubsize
    Dubsize
    But ty for advise :)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »

This is correct.

SLq553r.jpg?1

nRRUcHj.jpg?1
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind having spooky looking eyes but maybe it'd work better if the eyes were more suited to the race they do somewhat go to a more human looking red eye at least in earlier stages.