The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Separated from friend on quest line, please help!

Esoriel
Esoriel
✭✭
Me and my friend have somehow gotten separated doing the main quest line. The last thing they remember doing is talking to a tied up guy and getting teleported to the wailing prison. What I need to know is where do I go to find this tied up guy that takes me where my friend got taken to? It is possible I may have not gotten a quest before that too so right now we are just confused and I have been running around trying to find out where to go while my friend waits... Any help is appreciated.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quest they're on sounds like the base game story intro.
    You can access it via the first major city for your faction (Davon's Watch for EP not sure on the other factions sorry), the NPC should appear near the wayshrine and give you a quest.

If you've already done the base game tutorial or started the main story line it might be this NPC doesn't exist for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Esoriel
    Esoriel
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing this NPC appear at a wayshrine for me on another character, but never did it and made new characters together. This character did not appear for my friend. All she remembers is talking to a tied up guy on a boat and then got teleported to the wailing prison. That is all I know.
  • Esoriel
    Esoriel
    ✭✭
    We went on the ship at Vu;khel Guard. My friend went into the ship, down stairs and then talked to a guy tied up and got instantly teleported to the wailing prison. I did not do this. I have spent the past 2 hours running through this boat looking for the tied up guy and all over the docks and nothing... Why did this happen for my friend and not me? Why do I not see the same guy when I enter the ship? Did I not pick up the quest before this and if so, where is it? We have spent more time trying to figure out quests in this game than we have actually playing the game and this is just our 2nd day playing.
  • Esoriel
    Esoriel
    ✭✭
    I somehow do have a quest under Main Quest called The Harborage but my friend doesn't. We have not done a single thing different or apart from each other since we made our characters. Why do I have this quest and they don't?
  • Esoriel
    Esoriel
    ✭✭
    I should also mention I only have the first game. My friend has Summerset. Is that why this happened?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esoriel wrote: »
    I should also mention I only have the first game. My friend has Summerset. Is that why this happened?
    That would be why. If you only have the base game the Wailing Prison is your tutorial you can play or skip, your friend has to option to play that to start off the main story quest. Just have your friend run the Wailing Prison and come out and you'll both be back on the same part of the story.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Esoriel
    Esoriel
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Esoriel wrote: »
    That would be why. If you only have the base game the Wailing Prison is your tutorial you can play or skip, your friend has to option to play that to start off the main story quest. Just have your friend run the Wailing Prison and come out and you'll both be back on the same part of the story.

And this threw me off big time because we also played during the free event this past few days, but didn't know it was an event until after it was over so for all we knew we were just playing the normal game. It also caused us to start new characters because after the event was over we logged into 2 separate zones not knowing where we are or why we are there. We also did not have the wailing caverns start or tutorial, but I do now when I make a new character. So it is all making sense now. The free event confused us and this was unexpected when we got to this point in the main story quest. So basically we ended up wasting about 4 hours trying to figure this out when it was just a misunderstanding of the tutorial. The main complaint me and my friend have had about the game so far is the questing. It is far too confusing for new players. The map also seems very difficult to navigate. We have just had too many frustrating moments with questing and have run into too many problems that just caused confusion for us because we did not understand what was going on when we started playing. I hope this gets better as we play because we are enjoying everything else. The questing experience however needs to be better.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a new player I was also pretty confused during the first few days/weeks of my game playing. I started in October and there was an event happening, but as a brand new character still learning how to play I couldn't figure out how to participate in the event. Yes it's confusing but give yourself a little bit of time and you'll be ok. It's got a fairly high learning curve but you'll be doing great in no time.