Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The necromancer pets are lame - here is a suggestion

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I find the skeletal mage / archer (especially the archer) to be incredibly lame tbh... why can't we get for example

instead of the mage a Lich and instead of the archer a Draugr Overlord?

latest?cb=20170424120216

4f1b542ff4e82effc696f5b3f83531ed.jpg
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much detail for something everyone will be spamming on screen...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

You can always tune details a bit down... gw2 seems to have no issues giving the ranger a bazillion detailed pets
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

You can always tune details a bit down... gw2 seems to have no issues giving the ranger a bazillion detailed pets

Yeah but this is eso we're talking about. Here you've got issues with simply logging in.

But aside from performance it would certainly look good, but idk if it would make sense for every player to have a personal lich, as those are insanely powerful. It's like sorcs being able to summon daedric titans...would be cool, but immersion. :sweat_smile:
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 5, 2019 5:26AM
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a suggestion.

Quit being a negative nancy and go live in a 3rd world country for a few months to see how good you have it.

God damned hippies.

Not just you OP.
    All of the whiners and complainers.
    Nothing but emotional vampireism.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more skeletons. Not just one or 2. The real dissapointment of Necro is the number of undead you can command at once- its too small.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are just "pets" you're using and then casting aside, so skeletons work perfectly. They're easy to pull up, and quick to disperse. Imagine trying to tell a powerful Lich to go away because you need his corpse for sustenance.
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    Liches are extremely powerful, and even for one such as Mannimarco hard to bind. They aren't the usual let's make undead style. It's a long ritual (months).

More powerful zombies/skeletons could work. Though i would prefer increased numbers instead. The main danger of the necromancers is not the strength of their minions, but their numbers, and the fact, that every single enemy they kill increase it.

Guild Wars 1 had a good idea. Have like 10 weak, and few strong "pets" created from dead enemies, but the weak pets are short living. Nerco wouldn't have massive AOE damage, but instead it could create a small army of undead after first group killed, and then keep using that to clean up the next. In order to balance it out so they don't get too strong with the pets, nor too weak without there could be a maintenance cost. For every pet they take they sacrifice some maximum magicka which they get back when the pet dies.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not have skin options for Combat pets?
    Like people have been asking for the Warden Bear pet
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I want more skeletons. Not just one or 2. The real dissapointment of Necro is the number of undead you can command at once- its too small.

Not more skeletons, okay maybe one more. While so far, I do like what i have seen for ESO's necro. If I were to add more pets or dedicate ability or two to controlling more undead, I feel it needs to be verity baked into the passives, while yes still keeping it the same temporary minions and current skills and morphs - Maybe Increase duration for Archer/Mage/Mender to 20-to-30 seconds though (this is just wishful thinking).

My opinion on how the Passives should read for Grave Lord.

Endless Blight: When Damaging an enemy with one of your Necromancer abilities, you have a 5/10% chance summon a Blighted Zombie at the enemy's location to shamble forward; this ability can stack up to 5 times. (Blighted Zombies last for 5 seconds and start to quickly decay, leaving behind a trail of disease, dealing 892 damage to all enemies in a 8x12 radius for 3 seconds).

Death Knell: Your critical strike chance against enemies under 33% health have a 6% for each Grave Lord ability slotted to call forth clawing skeleton hands from the ground to deal 635 damage every 1 second for 6 seconds damaging all enemies in a 3x5 meter radius around the target. This has a 6 second cool down.
    Bonus Chance: a 1% chance to summon a skeletal warrior to preform a devastating attack against any enemy below 10% health dealing 475% equal to the enemy's max health (has a 3min cool down)

Grim Tome: While Archer/Mage (or Mender) ability is active, your spell and physical penetration are increased by X, while increasing your chance and the number of Blighted Zombies to be summoned by 3.

Rapid Rot: Increases your all damage over time abilities and all active minion damage done by X%
    Edited by StormeReigns on April 5, 2019 8:55AM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer zombies instead of skeletons. Thats more scary then a skeleton with clothing on.

Random skeletons arent anyway near scary and when thinking about necromancy i Always have zombies in my mind, reanimated flesh and not just random skeletons running around....
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a suggestion.

Quit being a negative nancy and go live in a 3rd world country for a few months to see how good you have it.

God damned hippies.

Not just you OP.

What a useless comment my god...

You dont like whats on tv? AT LEAST YOU HAVE A TV! You dont like your food? AT LEAST YOU HAVE FOOD! Is that your line of argumentation for everything??
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on April 5, 2019 11:06AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good example of necro class was done by UO, quite out of date but the premise was there.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just Necros imo, I think ZOS is missing out on a ton of money from offering more ability skins. Warden needs some, Sorc pets could use some. I'm sure their arts team can find a way to make all the abilities follow a certain theme to make them visually clear on what they are. So long as the skeletal archer never looks like a summon shade, I don't think there can be a lot of confusion.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think perhaps reanimating a lich is a bit of a stretch from a lore point of view, but a Draugr would be possible for some Master Necromancers. I think it would be better to introduce a Lich form as a skill line like Werewolf of Vampirism, warriors have werewolves, thieves and assassins have vampires, the Lich would fit mages perfectly.

However, for those like myself who have requested it since launch, I agree that Necromancy in ESO is a bit of a let down. The current concept seems bizarre to me. No permanent pets, skeletal bombers? Please...is this Diablo?...and if they wanted to copy Diablo why couldn't they give us the revive mechanic from that game, so we could summon an undead version of any normal mob (subject to balancing) in the zone we were in? How cool would that be?

I believe that it in their quest to make them feel different to Sorcerers, they have diluted the core concepts of what Necromancers are. Using corpses is definitely a step in the right direction, but turret based pets feel half-arsed IMO. It seems a large portion of the player base has an axe to grind with pets classes, and perhaps this has influenced the direction ZOS took with the necromancer class.

Hopefully the class will evolve and perhaps in the future we may get cooler pets. That said I am still very, very pleased the Necromancer is coming. :)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a different suggestion:

Why don’t we test out the Necromancer on PTS ... before drawing the conclusion that the class is “lame”?
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a different suggestion:

Why don’t we test out the Necromancer on PTS ... before drawing the conclusion that the class is “lame”?

Amen.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you played it? What about everyone else? Even if you played, even if, calling it lame is personal biased opinion at this point. And that's considering you played it... Because if you haven't, you're crossing from biased/narrow/selfish point of view to down right future telling...

I mean... Some people love winged twilight for example... And they are popular... And also hated. Who are you to say anything about a class that isn't even on PTS, for a general public to make opinions?

No... These pets arent lame. They aren't good. They aren't anything and they are everything, until we can interact and for an opinion.

And this isn't a shrodinger cat kinda deal, but it is close.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    However, for those like myself who have requested it since launch, I agree that Necromancy in ESO is a bit of a let down.

This is the problem so many people are having. They wanted Necromancer based on their ideas of what a necromancer should be, and since ESO's is different from what a lot of people want, suddenly it's bad and it's lame and people are disappointed even though only a very small number of people have even had a chance to play the Class. Not to mention the fact that it's still in development and not even a final product yet.
    Edited by Arunei on April 8, 2019 8:37PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disapppointed everything is a skeleton. I wanted to see zombies. I like the solution of getting skins for combat pets. Could have different skins for Sorcerers and Wardens too. That way we could have Warden wolves, senches, undead bears, cooler models for sorc pets, zombies, etc.
    12682-0-1507153627.png
    Edited by Fata1moose on April 8, 2019 8:47PM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeletons are the perfect choice for their role. Throw away units. If they were a permanent unit, then sure something else would’ve been fine. Wouldn’t care either way. I just hope we get varied skeletons.

I don’t like that necromancers are coming now, should’ve come with a strong undead dlc (like dragon bone). But too I was “pissing in your (edgelords) Cheerios” for bringing that up. Lol.
    Heres a suggestion.

God damned hippies.

Not just you OP.

Said the guy on an official video game forum.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not everything can be the way it was in Skyrim. The necro skills aren’t really pets and I’m personally happy they aren’t. We don’t need more crap getting in everyone’s face and blocking access to bankers and wayshrines.

rip decibel
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Not everything can be the way it was in Skyrim. The necro skills aren’t really pets and I’m personally happy they aren’t. We don’t need more crap getting in everyone’s face and blocking access to bankers and wayshrines.

They could still be temporary with more varied skins. So that way they wouldn't be spawned in town blocking write turn ins, etc.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »

Not more skeletons, okay maybe one more. While so far, I do like what i have seen for ESO's necro. If I were to add more pets or dedicate ability or two to controlling more undead, I feel it needs to be verity baked into the passives, while yes still keeping it the same temporary minions and current skills and morphs - Maybe Increase duration for Archer/Mage/Mender to 20-to-30 seconds though (this is just wishful thinking).

My opinion on how the Passives should read for Grave Lord.

Endless Blight: When Damaging an enemy with one of your Necromancer abilities, you have a 5/10% chance summon a Blighted Zombie at the enemy's location to shamble forward; this ability can stack up to 5 times. (Blighted Zombies last for 5 seconds and start to quickly decay, leaving behind a trail of disease, dealing 892 damage to all enemies in a 8x12 radius for 3 seconds).

Death Knell: Your critical strike chance against enemies under 33% health have a 6% for each Grave Lord ability slotted to call forth clawing skeleton hands from the ground to deal 635 damage every 1 second for 6 seconds damaging all enemies in a 3x5 meter radius around the target. This has a 6 second cool down.
    Bonus Chance: a 1% chance to summon a skeletal warrior to preform a devastating attack against any enemy below 10% health dealing 475% equal to the enemy's max health (has a 3min cool down)

Grim Tome: While Archer/Mage (or Mender) ability is active, your spell and physical penetration are increased by X, while increasing your chance and the number of Blighted Zombies to be summoned by 3.

Rapid Rot: Increases your all damage over time abilities and all active minion damage done by X%

💀☠👻🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Have you played it? What about everyone else? Even if you played, even if, calling it lame is personal biased opinion at this point. And that's considering you played it... Because if you haven't, you're crossing from biased/narrow/selfish point of view to down right future telling...

I mean... Some people love winged twilight for example... And they are popular... And also hated. Who are you to say anything about a class that isn't even on PTS, for a general public to make opinions?

No... These pets arent lame. They aren't good. They aren't anything and they are everything, until we can interact and for an opinion.

*yawn*
    Sorry, that was my wallet.

Your comment made me agree with the OP actually. We are consumers and this is the product. We have our own preferences and experiences/ideas of necromancy (but not limiting to the series), so something on paper can be interpreted and will be judged against past concepts.

It's just the way it is and OP is allowed to make an opinion without alarmist vilification nazis telling them that they are wrong to do so or invalid.

So sorry it's not a rule, law, or whatever formality of a small thing your trying to shove down his throat.
    Edited by SirMewser on April 8, 2019 10:31PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »

*yawn*
    Sorry, that was my wallet.

Your comment made me agree with the OP actually. We are consumers and this is the product. We have our own preferences and experiences/ideas of necromancy (but not limiting to the series), so something on paper can be interpreted and will be judged against past concepts.

It's just the way it is and OP is allowed to make an opinion without alarmist vilification nazis telling them that they are wrong to do so or invalid.

So sorry it's not a rule, law, or whatever formality of a small thing your trying to shove down his throat.

The problem is that the Class hasn't even hit the PTS yet and people are already claiming that it's too OP or it's not OP enough or that it's lame or that it's disappointing. Literally no one but a small handful of players have been able to touch the Class yet, and everything we've seen is still in development, but people are going crazy with all these claims when we have no idea what the final product will be like.

And again one major part of this whole thing is because the people who wanted Necromancer have their own ideas for what the Class should be, based on how other games have done it and their own personal desires. But since ESO's version isn't lining up with what they wanted, all these people who were asking over and over for the Class to be introduced are crapping all over it. Well, sorry to say, but ESO is not those other franchises, so why should their vision of a Necromancer be a copy+paste of what those others have done? And why should their vision of what a Necromancer is conform to anyone's personal ideas or wants for the Class?

Ever heard of 'be careful what you wish for'?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want only Skeletons, dislike ult is flesh and healer is ghost.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, this is the beginning of a new class. I am most certain ZOS will take under consideration what many players of that class want. For now, we're stuck with what they initially roll out, but expect updates to the class.

• D4NI3L12
    D4NI3L12
    Soul Shriven
    ]
    Edited by D4NI3L12 on April 9, 2019 4:57PM