The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Who else other than me thinks that group dueling should be a thing?

honeybun
honeybun
✭✭
I personally feel like group dueling could add so much more possibilities to the game, from guild events, to dueling large groups of friends, etc.

Who else other than me thinks that group dueling should be a thing? 50 votes

Yes
74%
YakidafiDarkhorse1975ticka_kickaMojomonkeymanEmma_OverloadSanctum74MipMipAsmaelMetemsycosisAnti_VirusNordSwordnBoardAzramelAkromaAngelOfWrathHEBREWHAMMERRRMorgul667SshadowSscaleGoNutsDKThogardDivineFirstYOLOimmozz01 37 votes
No
8%
DarcyMardinWhite wabbitIskiabHaojin 4 votes
I don't care
18%
Gilvothwheem_ESOHanokihsczarBazdaChunkyCatdazeeMudcrabberStormeReigns 9 votes
  • ticka_kicka
    ticka_kicka
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes yes yes especially now that the big arena was released.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Private custom team size battlegrounds as well as a similar option for houses would be great. Some people might want to play battlegrounds with just friends (even if the rewards would need to be removed for balance).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why? You’d need a ranking system for it to be worthwhile.

A 4v4 BG would end up being one group would be a lot stronger and keep wiping the other group. Once one group is obviously stronger, more pvp wouldn’t change the outcome too much. They’d have to be really fast matches, first team to get 10 kills wins.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    They have group dueling in Battlegrounds, Imperial City, and this one place called Cyrodil.

You should check it out <,<
  • honeybun
    honeybun
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    They have group dueling in Battlegrounds, Imperial City, and this one place called Cyrodil.

You can't kill players of your own alliance in Imperial City, and Cyrodiil. Then with Battlegrounds you can't kill in more than a group of 4.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Probably result in millions of e-peen, excuse, and ‘x’ is cheesy threads which are always entertaining. Maybe I should change my vote to yes.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 5, 2019 2:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to further fracture and stratify the PvP Population? As alluded too above, you have Dueling, Battlegrounds, Imperial City, and of course Cyrodiil. Introducing another element will just make the existing population smaller per venue
    Edited by Nestor on April 5, 2019 2:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It would be nice to 4v4 in a similar method to duel requests but they will never do it because that would drive people away from BGs.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    not monetizable -> wont happen

the usual ZOS decision making flowchart
    Edited by ATomiX96 on April 7, 2019 6:48PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

The issue is some people like to set their own rules and eliminate skills they find challenging to face.

Regardless, this thread was created a few days ago and it seems the interest in the idea is pretty light.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    as long as its "outside" the city walls, then do what you like.
    but if that is happening right where i'm trying to read the purchase screen on the Guild sales npc's and trying to make my normal materials purchases for foods and trying to hand in and take new quests areas then i vote "no"
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes pl0x
    at a place nobody knows
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Private custom team size battlegrounds as well as a similar option for houses would be great. Some people might want to play battlegrounds with just friends (even if the rewards would need to be removed for balance).

Yes! While you can arrange 2 v 2, 3 v 3, 4 v 4 etc in Cyrodiil it would be great to have these options in private arenas, also as part of houses
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    that would be great
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would be great or even a separate instanced arena consisting of some form of 2v2 / 3v3 or 5v5. I also really like the idea of a free for all arena of 6-8 players every man for themselves. I like the dueling idea as well. I just want some structured pvp environment other than battlegrounds. Not that BGs are bad but I don’t like the 3 team system personally.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care
    I dont particularly care but it could be neat. I've played games with group dueling and some people had a lot of fun with it. you could even do unevenly matched groups if you wanted in case one person was REALLY OP and could 1v2-4
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    not monetizable -> wont happen

the usual ZOS decision making flowchart

Heh, they didn't make money out of introducing duelling in the first place, but they did it regardless.

Just need the right push sometimes.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nestor wrote: »
    You want to further fracture and stratify the PvP Population? As alluded too above, you have Dueling, Battlegrounds, Imperial City, and of course Cyrodiil. Introducing another element will just make the existing population smaller per venue

I think this is the worst argument, ever. The reason the PvP population is dwindling is not because there are too many PvP modes, it's because every single PvP mode in ESO has some terrible, fatal flaw that drives players up the wall and makes them quit.

ZOS needs to either fix the problems with existing modes of play or introduce new modes of play in the hopes they'll finally get it right and players will find something they enjoy. SInce ZOS has shown that their priority is to create new content that can be attached to DLC that they can SELL, it is not unreasonable for players to suggest that some of this new content be made for PvP!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely. Just include it as a new mode along with current bgs. Probably help with queue times too. Every once in a while you'd get a smaller map and it's 4v4 tdm instead of 4v4v4
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile