The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Tharn Speaks

Ysbriel
Ysbriel
✭✭✭✭✭
I started the main quest line with a Level 50 character, for some reason Abnur Tharn’s banekin is not showing up to tell me to go to the mages guild. and this is the first time i get stuck trying to do the main quest. I’ve gone in and out of Daggerfall and every other main city, logged out and back in and still the banekin wont show up. If anybody knowa about a fix to this please let let it be known.
Edited by Ysbriel on April 3, 2019 5:02PM
  • Misterlp910
    Misterlp910
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same Problem. So I did my other quests and when I returned to Daggerfall after several hours, the little guy gave me the quest while I was leaving the Town
    So, just wait, do something different and return later
    Edited by Misterlp910 on April 6, 2019 8:26AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent a bug report to ZOS and they emailed me back that is was a known issue, so I'm just playing around with my other characters for now, but thanks for the reply I will check once I relog today cause id did wait 16 hours.
  • Epic Bread Woman
    Epic Bread Woman
    Soul Shriven
    Did they say when roughly we can expect patch for it ?
  • bear2015
    bear2015
    Soul Shriven
    There seems to be a conflict with this quest and the new prologue quest "the Demon Weapon." you can not do both together. so if you have the prologue quest in your journal and try to get this quest most likely it won't work. so finish the prologue quest then see if u can come back and get this one. one of my toons was on this quest today and could not get prologue quest til I finished this one. once I was done with the tharn speaks. the prologue quest was available to me. I should work in the other order too. anyway hope that helps

ok to edit. another toon of mine cant start the tharn speaks now. no imp to start it and he has finished the prologue quest.
    Edited by bear2015 on April 7, 2019 8:29PM
  • kennyadr
    kennyadr
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope they patch this soon, my characters been unable to finish the main quest line for some time now...
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they say when roughly we can expect patch for it ?

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 04/04/2019 10:48 AM
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We are aware of an issue where players on the PC/Mac platform are unable to progress the main storyline past Castle of the Worm if they have completed the Elsweyr teaser quest. We are expecting a fix in an upcoming patch.

Keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any future updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes.

In addition, you can receive updates to this article by logging in and clicking "Notify Me" at the bottom of the page.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Customer response on 04/04/2019 09:45 AM
  • LordReth
    LordReth
    Soul Shriven
    kennyadr wrote: »
    I really hope they patch this soon, my characters been unable to finish the main quest line for some time now...

Looks like they just recently patched it.

From the patch notes for update 4.3.10, posted on April 8th.

Main Quest
    The Tharn Speaks: Fixed an issue where the Tharn would not speak with you if you had completed the Elsweyr Prologue Quest.

You should be able to get the quest, now.
    ---
    Edited by LordReth on April 14, 2019 6:13PM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the banekin finally appeared yesterday when i checked