Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Linking quest/something to go into non three banners war zones such as Craglorn?

Derbforgaill
Derbforgaill
✭✭✭
For roleplaying reasons, I do not want to play the quests Cadwell's silver and gold where they got you doing the other alliances main quests.

I have done Aldmeri Dominion's quest and the main game quest. Is there any quest linking me to other parts of the game? Where does Craglorn fit into all of this? Are there any other non-DLC/expansion areas like Craglorn that do not belong to areas in the three banners war?

Is there a logical in-game progression after you've done all of the main quests?

Thanks in advance!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a logical in game reason for doing silver and gold is for RP reasons. The send off to start that provides a worthy reason for doing the quests in those zones that is not in conflict with RP. So your choice there seems to come down to personal reasons and that is fine.

Beyond that you have Craglorn and Cyrodiil only. Technically that is two zones, upper and lower Craglorn. Cyrodiil does not have a cohesive or continuous storyline.

Technically there is a quest that sends you to Craglorn. Capital cities have a guy standing next to a wagon, think it might be a horse drawn wagon. He beckons you and that is your send off to Craglorn.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    I read that "logical" reason for doing the quests. I couldn't have bought it less (but that's just me). I even sent a ticket to Zenimax to allow me to cancel the quest, but apparently, it cannot be done because it's the main quest. So now I'm stuck with it, but I'm no closer to feeling like it makes sense for my AD character to do those quests.

I thought indeed there used to be someone calling me from wagons, but now I can only find the Morrowing one, I'll keep looking, thanks!

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AD that quest giver is on the road just outside the big city tree in Elden Root.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to avoid Cadwell's Silver and Gold but do the DLC, here's the questgivers I recall, but you can also just pick up the quest from your Collections menu.

Thieves Guild - Talk to Quen in the Outlaws Refuge in Vulkhel Guard
    Dark Brotherhood - Talk to Amelia Crowe in the Outlaws Refuge
    Wrothgar - Talk to Stuga in Vulkhel Guard "Do you know how long I've been looking for you?'
    Craglorn - there ought to be a Star-gazer wagon in Elden Root.
    Murkmire - speak to Famia Mercius in Lilmoth

Morrowind -> Clockwork City -> Summerset form their own arc that doesnt have much to do with the 3 Banners War, though the first two will involve you helping out two members of the Tribunal who are leading the Pact. Summerset will make sense if you skip Morrowind and Clockwork City, but I think it's better to do them all.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 3, 2019 11:48AM
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Great, that's awesome, thanks!