Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: Better Variety for Battlegrounds Please

dodgehopper_ESO
dodgehopper_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I love doing Battlegrounds but simply put I wish there was a way to randomly select a variety mode. It seems so often I queue a battleground that I get a deathmatch over and over, often in the same map. This is hugely boring. I could select to individually mix it up at a huge cost to rewards, but why? I think they could make the random queue a little more fun by ensuring different types of matches appear. The randomizer is not working as is.
US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
<And plenty more>
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you'd find that it's more an issue of population. It seems that when you queue for a random BG, you may also be matched against those who have queued for specific game modes. Considering deathmatch is the most popular mode, it makes sense that you'd end up in deathmatch games more often than other games.

I think you'd also find that fixing this would do more harm than good. Deathmatch being the most common game mode is a symptom of a much larger problem, that problem being that BGs just aren't that popular. If they separate random queues from the specific queues, you'd probably be waiting considerably longer to find a match, because there aren't many people playing in the random queue. Most people would be sitting in the specific queues, queuing up for game modes they enjoy specifically.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    I think you'd find that it's more an issue of population. It seems that when you queue for a random BG, you may also be matched against those who have queued for specific game modes. Considering deathmatch is the most popular mode, it makes sense that you'd end up in deathmatch games more often than other games.

I think you'd also find that fixing this would do more harm than good. Deathmatch being the most common game mode is a symptom of a much larger problem, that problem being that BGs just aren't that popular. If they separate random queues from the specific queues, you'd probably be waiting considerably longer to find a match, because there aren't many people playing in the random queue. Most people would be sitting in the specific queues, queuing up for game modes they enjoy specifically.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate @jcm2606 . I like deathmatch but I also like the fact that certain different missions have different requirements. This means you wouldn't know what is coming up next. It would be a lot more fun not knowing what you're going to run into I think.
    <And plenty more>