The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Elsweyr Support Sets (Sunspire) - Yoknakhriin GG, Nahviintaas sux

lassitershawn
lassitershawn
✭✭✭✭✭
This post is specifically in regards to the support sets from the Sunspire trial and my thoughts on them as I main support in endgame about half the time and have some thoughts on them.

Eye of Nahviintaas:
(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(3 items) Gain Minor Aegis at all times, reducing your damage taken from Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) When an ally activates one of your Synergies, you and the synergy activator reduce the cost of your Magicka and Stamina Abilities by 12% for 3 seconds. 6 second cooldown.

Claw of Yoknakhriin
(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Gain Minor Aegis at all times, reducing your damage taken from Dungeon and Trial Monsters by 5%
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(5 items) When you taunt an enemy, give yourself and 11 group members Minor Courage for 15 seconds, increasing Spell and Weapon Damage by 129. 8 second cooldown.

So the tank set at first glance is excellent. It is finally a tank set that gives a genuinely good buff and doesn't have nearly useless healing taken bonuses as a bonus. It is also good that it applies on taunt because this prevents it from being run by a healer. I would wager this becomes BiS for at least one of your tanks to run. My main request is that when a 5pc bonus is added to the perfected version, can it be 129 magicka recovery. Magicka recovery is an excellent stat on tank gear but right now the only semi-viable tank set that has it is dragon. Physical resistance would be a good second as it can be hard to build for this sometimes. Literally ANYTHING but healing taken. For some reason healing taken is slapped on a ton of tank sets but in general it is not a desirable bonus.

The healer set however lucks pretty lackluster to me. For it to beat worm's sustain for DPS it would need at least 33% uptime meaning they need to get a synergy between 6 and 9 seconds after their last synergy received constantly from just the person running this set. You can't even reapply it early if you're lucky enough to receive a purify 3 seconds after an orb for example because of the cooldown. This is extremely unrealistic. I also find it highly unlikely that this set would be run WITH worm because there are a ton of support sets for healers to cover already.

The duration of the cost reduction needs to be brought up to at least 7 seconds and the cooldown needs to be removed. This ensures that if a DPS gets orbs on cooldown (20s) they will get >33% uptime, higher than the average threshold for this set to beat worm. Realistically, you won't get an orb every 20s but the difference can probably be made up with other synergies. I DO like the fact that this set reduces the costs of stamina AND magicka abilities because it means it is easier to cover buffs for both and therefore bring both into the same raid. This set SHOULD be able to beat worm by virtue of it being a trial drop and requiring active work on the healer's part to apply the buff. As a side note it does look like the healer would be getting crazy uptimes on themselves with my proposed changes (probably near 100% with 11 people to give synergies to) but I don't see this as a problem. Putting a ton of sustain for the healer themselves on this set might help narrow the difference in strength between breton and other races that healers have been complaining about.
William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there is always a need of set for styling material source. In summerset it was tank's set, in Elsweyr - healer's, it's only justified that way B)
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well the tank set is literally for main tank only...OT now is the alkosh/ebon buff !@#$
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me that this new tank set is good enough to replace Alkosh, I want to wear an actual tank set and possibly use a different backbar weapon...
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with OP 100%.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id rather use olorimes, stack and burn for most runs and every tank has ground FX. i really wish they would do something different than minor aegis' current ability.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the tank set is literally for main tank only...OT now is the alkosh/ebon buff !@#$

This isn't necessarily the case... MT often wears alkosh and torug and I see no reason why this would change. MT will probably wear the set in some fights but certainly it is not a "MT only" set. Most likely I think OT will wear this set if they having something to taunt constantly or close enough (and you might be able to proc the set by "taunting" targets like vCR orbs, vHoF conduits, etc.).

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    id rather use olorimes, stack and burn for most runs and every tank has ground FX. i really wish they would do something different than minor aegis' current ability.

You can stack major and minor courage and your healer often (always) runs olorime in raid.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me that this new tank set is good enough to replace Alkosh, I want to wear an actual tank set and possibly use a different backbar weapon...

It will not likely replace alkosh (at least not on all tanks in a raid). It also has no bearing on backbar weapon as staff backbar is used to proc crusher and has nothing to do with alkosh.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can stack major and minor courage and your healer often (always) runs olorime in raid.

hmm i always see SPC and sanctuary. most healers i ask say they cant be mobile with olorimes.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm i always see SPC and sanctuary. most healers i ask say they cant be mobile with olorimes.

A competent raid healer should easily achieve higher olorime uptimes than SPC uptimes even on DPS that aren't tracking or looking for olorime. Sanctuary is almost always overkill. SPC is pretty much a dead set at this point.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mildly amused by the PVP potential of Yohnahkhriin in large organized raids who can afford to have one member run a support set. Combo that with Tremorscale or Vanguard's Challenge for even more taunt procs.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭

Tell them to git gut. Olorime's buff lasts 30s and you only need to be in the ring for 1s to get the buff. There's no fight in the game in which this would be an issue. Additionally, only one healer needs to slot it, so you get one more set to choose between your healers than with SPC.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭

You need new healers >.>
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Nahviintaas kinda sucks right now. I think it should be comparable to Worm/Hircine's, or perhaps even stronger since it is 1) a trial set and 2) requires the use of a synergy.

I think it should do something like this:

(5 items): When an ally activates your synergy, it grants them and up to 11 other group members within x meters a 5 percent cost reduction to Magicka and Stamina abilities for 10 seconds.

This makes it slightly stronger than Worm and Hircine, which again, is fine because it requires the use of synergies and is not guaranteed to be active at all times. This set should reward well coordinated group play, and I feel like this would be an appropriate effect without affecting balance by a huge margin.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Nahviintaas kinda sucks right now. I think it should be comparable to Worm/Hircine's, or perhaps even stronger since it is 1) a trial set and 2) requires the use of a synergy.

I think it should do something like this:

(5 items): When an ally activates your synergy, it grants them and up to 11 other group members within x meters a 5 percent cost reduction to Magicka and Stamina abilities for 10 seconds.

This makes it slightly stronger than Worm and Hircine, which again, is fine because it requires the use of synergies and is not guaranteed to be active at all times. This set should reward well coordinated group play, and I feel like this would be an appropriate effect without affecting balance by a huge margin.

I would support this option as well for the set, good idea!

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halke wrote: »

You need new healers >.>

they get the job done and we clear, thats all that matters. if you want to debate BiS, wont know til it hits PTS.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halke wrote: »

You need new healers >.>

they get the job done and we clear, thats all that matters. if you want to debate BiS, wont know til it hits PTS.

It is a well established fact that olorime is much more BiS than SPC for pretty much all content but lets keep this thread on topic. BUFF NAHVIINTAAS.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why the off number on the dmg increase for the tank set? cant they just round up?
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will not likely replace alkosh (at least not on all tanks in a raid). It also has no bearing on backbar weapon as staff backbar is used to proc crusher and has nothing to do with alkosh.

No I don't mean that it will let me not use a staff, I mean that I can use another set item, like an arena staff. Alkosh is best used with both frontbar and backbar weapons but this new set can just be frontbarred.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I don't mean that it will let me not use a staff, I mean that I can use another set item, like an arena staff. Alkosh is best used with both frontbar and backbar weapons but this new set can just be frontbarred.

Ah yes good point, not really sure what arena staff would be good on a tank though...
    Edited by lassitershawn on March 31, 2019 10:34PM

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes good point, not really sure what arena staff would be good on a tank though...

How about the Wild Impulse staff, from Blackrose Prison. It would be nice against adds.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Front barring the new set is likely not going to be a good idea, since the tank set-up will likely look like this:

MT: Alkosh + Yol
    OT: Ebon + Second set

So running Yol as front bar would force you into Alkosh on your body. Medium armor tanks are a thing, but only at the highest levels of raiding. This would not be recommended for any other group.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Front barring the new set is likely not going to be a good idea, since the tank set-up will likely look like this:

MT: Alkosh + Yol
    OT: Ebon + Second set

So running Yol as front bar would force you into Alkosh on your body. Medium armor tanks are a thing, but only at the highest levels of raiding. This would not be recommended for any other group.

If an OT not running alkosh uses it it would be fine and then MT can run torug. In vAS for example I think it will probably be put on OT.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then do it.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healer set is awful.
    In current state no reason to run it at all.
    Should bring more to the table.
    Needs extended duration.
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When an ally activates one of your Synergies, you and the synergy activator reduce the cost of your Magicka and Stamina Abilities by 12% for 3 seconds. 6 second cooldown.

Wow. A whole 3 seconds! Boy, I can't wait to get this. Yippee!