The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flame Staff Nirn vs Infused - PvP (SpD enchant)

Bomber293
Bomber293
✭✭✭
Hi everybody,
I got a mag dk for pvp only and don't know if infused or nirn is better on the front bar flame staff (spell damage enchant).
I think nirn + enchant proc = more damage than infused enchant only but therefore the uptime of the enchant is overall higher with infused.

I am not able to keep my backbar enchant up at all. On consol with the keybindes (they suck all) i use it takes 1.5 sec or so to barswap thats times 2x and the enchant is nearly over...

Anyone knows what is best? Or if there is not what do you prefer?

Thanks a lot :)
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frontbar: infused + shock damage
    Backbar: infused + spell damage

Are you on ps4? If so go to Settings > Accessibility > Button assignments and swap left button with R3 so you can swap weapons easily.
    Edited by Vietfox on March 31, 2019 10:37PM
  • Dartricz
    Dartricz
    ✭✭
    I did test it about a year or so ago and nirn with the spell dam enchant has more dam on the tooltip than infused
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's down to personal preference and depends on what type of weapons you use on both bars.

You use an inferno which makes it easy to land light attacks and therefor proc the enchant easily. I personally go with Nirnhoned because I use a non-infused backbar.

If you're using S&B backbar or anything non-infused you might want to go infused spell/wpn dmg on your frontbar.

The best way would be to have Infused backbar with spell/wpn dmg and Nirnhoned frontbar with an Shock/Flame/Oblivion enchant. This gives you a high uptime and the highest damage.

Also, if you're using proc sets like BSW you might want to go Infused on the front because you'll have an even smaller window of having both your proc set and your spell dmg enchant up. And it sucks leaping someone when both buffs just run out.
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Dartricz wrote: »
    I did test it about a year or so ago and nirn with the spell dam enchant has more dam on the tooltip than infused

Yea but tooltip doesn't really say much... You dont get 100% uptime with nirn and SpD enchant. With infused SpD enchant you do
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

Are you on ps4? If so go to Settings > Accessibility > Button assignments and swap left button with R3 so you can swap weapons easily.

Maybe going to try with R3 but man it will be a pain in the ass to "lear" the controls again xD

Right now i use the long Press triangle to swap do you think it is faster to move the thumb to R3 go back to the buttons and again to R3? (Excuse my english im not a native speaker)^^
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bomber293 wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »

Maybe going to try with R3 but man it will be a pain in the ass to "lear" the controls again xD

Right now i use the long Press triangle to swap do you think it is faster to move the thumb to R3 go back to the buttons and again to R3? (Excuse my english im not a native speaker)^^

Never tried the hold triangle thing but since R3 is just tapping i guess it should take less time than holding a button.
    Note that i'm talking about the type A controls from the game, not the type B or C.
    Yeah, it will take some time to get used to it. Try it first, if you like it go do some of that annoying PVE stuff where mistakes aren't punished like main quests, delves, public dungeons and stuff and you get more skill points while you are at it :)
    It should take you only 2 or 3 zones.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use L3. Finger never leaves that button.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use nirn with spel damage enchant. You always have nirn spell damage when you leap into a group from distance plus I really like double dot poisons with Skoria in BG's.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Dartricz
    Dartricz
    ✭✭
    Bomber293 wrote: »
    Dartricz wrote: »

Yea but tooltip doesn't really say much... You dont get 100% uptime with nirn and SpD enchant. With infused SpD enchant you do

Nirn is 100% uptime.. it increases damage of weapon by 15%. Your enchant may not be up 100% of the time but that 15% is there all the time
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For single target I believe infused plus shock is best damage if you la weave all skills.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I allways put infused with spell damage glyph on backbar and nirnhoned with any of the damage glyphs on the front bar. That way I get maximum spell damage which makes my self healing better.
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Use L3. Finger never leaves that button.

Yea tought about that too would be ideal but where did you put sprint on?

Oh and if i change it in the ps4 settings is it just for eso or for every game?
    Hate it so much that eso dosen't let us change keybinds....
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for late answer btw was very bussy :)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Infused SpDmg on backbar is de rigeur for destro/destro or destro/resto builds.

You don't run infused SpDmg enchant on your front bar unless you run S&B on backbar and healing power is quite important to you. It's only for some magdk and magplar builds imo.
    I always put infused with spell damage glyph on backbar and nirnhoned with any of the damage glyphs on the front bar. That way I get maximum spell damage which makes my self healing better.

If your front bar is nirn, aren't damage health poisons better damage even for mag builds? The shock dmg enchant on a nirn weapon has 3.5k tooltip and procs once every 5 seconds. Whereas the double dot poisons have 13k tooltip and proc once every 10".

I know about minor vulnerability proc but unless your weapon is charged, the proc of that is not as consistent. And if you play in no CP where you lose the dmg and crit boost on elemental attacks, the benefits are further reduced.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Infused SpDmg on backbar is de rigeur for destro/destro or destro/resto builds.

You don't run infused SpDmg enchant on your front bar unless you run S&B on backbar and healing power is quite important to you. It's only for some magdk and magplar builds imo.
    I always put infused with spell damage glyph on backbar and nirnhoned with any of the damage glyphs on the front bar. That way I get maximum spell damage which makes my self healing better.

If your front bar is nirn, aren't damage health poisons better damage even for mag builds? The shock dmg enchant on a nirn weapon has 3.5k tooltip and procs once every 5 seconds. Whereas the double dot poisons have 13k tooltip and proc once every 10".

I know about minor vulnerability proc but unless your weapon is charged, the proc of that is not as consistent. And if you play in no CP where you lose the dmg and crit boost on elemental attacks, the benefits are further reduced.

I do run destro SnB on mag dk. The build said front nirn with SpD enchant but i wasn't sure if it is the best

thx to all of you