The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class overhaul

Edelner
Edelner
✭✭
Has anyone some rumors about class overhaul in Elsweyr patch? I mean mainly about Stam Sorc. Is there any chance it will get any stam skill morphs or passives? What do you think?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing concrete yet but don't worry, I'm sure ZOS will find a way to nerf StamSorc alongside all other classes to make Necro more lucrative.
    Argonian forever
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh sorc does need a complete overhaul. It's the one class that feels like they had no idea where they wanted to go with it, and looks like stamina was an afterthought. I mean, I technically know that stamina was an afterthought in general, but it shows with stam sorc.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs arnt the only class
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hunch all classes will have a dps/tanking/healing line. Necro will be the prototype. Assuming game lasts that long if they release necro as is heh.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Sorcs arnt the only class

WTB Thread Title change from Class Overhaul to Stamina Sorc Rework.

Anywho...
    While I do love what I have seen from the necro, and enjoy my Bow/Bow warden.
    But it is clear all classes need to be brought up to be on level with necromancer (yes it will have its numbers adjusted by the time PTS hits, but clear it will still be a beast) with their utility in morphs and passives.

DK lack of a stam whip morph is one example. Stone Fist could use a stam morph...

Etc.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos stated they would give us a notice of the changes expected in the next update just prior to the update. There are a few little pieces out there but nothing that seems to have solid information about an entire skill.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am wondering if they will try to squish all the classes into damage tank and healing skill lines box that the new classes have.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What changes have they said about the other classes
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I am wondering if they will try to squish all the classes into damage tank and healing skill lines box that the new classes have.

This is definitely gonna happen I think

• Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually do not think - sadly though - that we will see too much changes. Maybe a few, but class reworks are not done overnight. Maybe after Elswyer. I mean good changes would mean classes are more enjoyable to play - less looking for buffs and debuffs -and genuinely of roughly the same efficiency for group content. Wont happen soon.
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorcs are actually in a good spot. They might need some adjusts here and there, but they have their identity. Stamsorcs, on the other hand, have nothing that makes them special. Let's compare their identity to other classes:
    - Stamplars: Jabs and PotL.
    - Stamdens: Dive and Sub Assault
    - Stamblades: Killer's Blade and Relentless Focus
    - Stamdks: Ok, these guys also need some love, but at least their class makes the best tanks.
    - Stamsorcs: Rending Slashes or Crushing Weapon?

One might argue that the identity of stamsorcs lies in Surge and Hurricane. However, most end game players use potions instead of surge, and Hurricane is more of a defensive tool than an actual attack. Casting a skill every one and a half rotation doesn't qualify as identity.

In short, stamsorcs lack good passives, spammable, execute and synergies. My suggestions to improve stamsorcs are:
    - Change Crystal Blast into a stamina morph with "Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Melee, instant, deals less damage, and cost less". Damage and cost should be adjusted so it is better to use than Rending Slashes and Crushing Weapon. That way, stamsorcs get access to a spammable and can make use of the passive Blood Magic.
    - Change Endless Fury into a stamina morph with "Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Increases threshold to 22-25%". That way, they get access to an execute.
    - Change Lightning Flood into a stamina morph with "Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Increases the damage". That way, stamsorcs get access to a synergy.
    - Change Bound Armor to be an active buff with long duration, count as an untargetable pet (like warden's netch), with the effect "give Minor Protection" instead of the block mitigation buff. Change both morphs to give bonus while the skill is active instead of slotted. Also, change the passive Daedric Protection to "while you have a pet active" instead of ability slotted. That way, you free a slot from sorcerers (no need to double bar) and make all passives from that tree useful to stamsorcs.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prutton
    I think stam sorcs are one of the more versatile classes because of resource conversion.
    Magsorc is in a decent place but every class should have a cc ability & I’m for bringing back the stun on frags.
    I would also make the argument relentless focus on stamblade is really only used for the 8% dmg buff & that is being removed.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc needs a complete overhaul to put it on par with necro.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar, that only holds for PVP. In PVE, they actually have a horrible time sustaining themselves.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All other class should be nerf to complete uselessness for warden and necro.

Why else would new classes be liked if the base game classes out performs them in any way.

Just buy the new chapters and use them new class for zos.

Yeah I'm just salty.