The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Elf, Heavy Armor : Magplar

Braedon998
Like many others this patch I have had issues having fun in light armor. I was wondering if anyone had tested numbers of how much healing or damage different sets do on magplar, ie crafted or farmed sets. If possible could someone let me know or send me a link? Thanks everyone!
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a fan of heavy on Magplar. You can run light and use things like protective jewelry, Cyrodiils light, pirate, etc. many ways to go about it. Look at the Templar thread in here. Lots of good discussion going on in there.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run soulshine, fortified brass, and shadowren. It’s a very tanky build but still very effective and good bursts using the spear ultimate. Only problem is fighting other really tanky players which I usually just walk away from the fight because neither one of us is going to win.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t recommend heavy armour as a magplar. You get everything you need as a magicka class from wearing 5x light armour, it’s rammed full of goodies with the most important being penetration and recovery. Even the snare reduction is noticible, and I bet half the complaints about snares are from those wearing 5x heavy armour.

What you want to do is:
    1. Wear 2x light sets with one of them being a set like Buffer of the Swift (defensive set) with a heavy monster helmet and medium shoulders.
    2. 1 light set and 1 heavy set but only wear heavy armour on your chest and medium on your helmet (using a monster set), you’ll need to complete your heavy armour set using weapons and jewellery
    3. 1 light set and a crafted set. Craft heavy chest and use a medium helmet or legs (doesn’t matter)

Either way, always get the 5x light bonus. If you don’t feel tanky enough start transmuting jewellery to protective. Myself I only use 1 protective as a templar because I’m a Breton.

Basicly if you’re one of the people who complain about getting bursted by a stamblade it’s because you aren’t tanky enough. I don’t think a stamblade has been able to gank me in months. Plus, stay away from proc’d defensive sets imo, the best ones are passive always up mitigation.

Big thing with magplar healers is sword and board, that way if you’re under a lot of pressure you can block cast breath of life if your resto ult isn’t up, the free shield from the psijiic line helps too.

I’m terms of math, I don’t think you can math out pvp. How abilities function is more important than tooltips.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 30, 2019 4:47AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Braedon998
    Thank you everyone for your replies, and sharing your opinions and knowledge with me.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I wouldn’t recommend heavy armour as a magplar. You get everything you need as a magicka class from wearing 5x light armour, it’s rammed full of goodies with the most important being penetration and recovery. Even the snare reduction is noticible, and I bet half the complaints about snares are from those wearing 5x heavy armour.

What you want to do is:
    1. Wear 2x light sets with one of them being a set like Buffer of the Swift (defensive set) with a heavy monster helmet and medium shoulders.
    2. 1 light set and 1 heavy set but only wear heavy armour on your chest and medium on your helmet (using a monster set), you’ll need to complete your heavy armour set using weapons and jewellery
    3. 1 light set and a crafted set. Craft heavy chest and use a medium helmet or legs (doesn’t matter)

Either way, always get the 5x light bonus. If you don’t feel tanky enough start transmuting jewellery to protective. Myself I only use 1 protective as a templar because I’m a Breton.

Basicly if you’re one of the people who complain about getting bursted by a stamblade it’s because you aren’t tanky enough. I don’t think a stamblade has been able to gank me in months. Plus, stay away from proc’d defensive sets imo, the best ones are passive always up mitigation.

Big thing with magplar healers is sword and board, that way if you’re under a lot of pressure you can block cast breath of life if your resto ult isn’t up, the free shield from the psijiic line helps too.

I’m terms of math, I don’t think you can math out pvp. How abilities function is more important than tooltips.

I've wondered about buffer of the swift myself, currently using cyrodiils light but it doesn't offer much when on the defensive
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run protective jewellery, tristat all armor, defensive monster set if you feel your anticipation of damage is poor and youll eat damage rather than blocking/mist form.

My plar is in bright throats/ axiom. Stopped playing ranged as wings is everywhere. Back to melee. All templar skills. Sweeps, puncturing sweeps, eclipse or charge, bane, oppression / extended, htd, focus, mist for solo race against time for small group, barrage

Generally im in skoria, although i do use bloodspawn a lot too. Bloodspawn is such a good set of youre running empowering sweep ultimate in no cp. If you're lucky enough: empowering sweep is 6 seconds which you generate 18 ultimate during, BS procs for another 14, you get a kill for 20 ult gen, you cast bane for 3. That's 55 ultimate of your 75 needed. Or 2 seconds and another bs proc(it has a 6 second cooldown), another kill, or 6 seconds and a bane cast. With out luck, it's more like 18, 14 for 1 proc, 12 seconds and 2 bane casts. In short, it's at least 30% uptime of major protection as long as you get 1 BS proc and can cast bane.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

What you want to do is:

I've wondered about buffer of the swift myself, currently using cyrodiils light but it doesn't offer much when on the defensive

I love buffer of the swift, alone isn’t good enough since so many run pen so 1 or 2x protective is best.
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Run protective jewellery, tristat all armor, defensive monster set if you feel your anticipation of damage is poor and youll eat damage rather than blocking/mist form.

My plar is in bright throats/ axiom. Stopped playing ranged as wings is everywhere. Back to melee. All templar skills. Sweeps, puncturing sweeps, eclipse or charge, bane, oppression / extended, htd, focus, mist for solo race against time for small group, barrage

Generally im in skoria, although i do use bloodspawn a lot too. Bloodspawn is such a good set of youre running empowering sweep ultimate in no cp. If you're lucky enough: empowering sweep is 6 seconds which you generate 18 ultimate during, BS procs for another 14, you get a kill for 20 ult gen, you cast bane for 3. That's 55 ultimate of your 75 needed. Or 2 seconds and another bs proc(it has a 6 second cooldown), another kill, or 6 seconds and a bane cast. With out luck, it's more like 18, 14 for 1 proc, 12 seconds and 2 bane casts. In short, it's at least 30% uptime of major protection as long as you get 1 BS proc and can cast bane.

This is really good advice! When I NB heal I found 1x defensive set was enough because of cloak. As a templar in light I found no healing monster set and bloodspawn is better.

The difference in output between light and heavy is about the same as a full 5 piece bonus and is the way to go. That’s why I prefer light armour high resistances. Extra ultimate increases your healing too.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 8, 2019 9:08PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, a completely underrated set for point control is bogdan. Procs off sweeps, so near 100% uptime against multiple targets. Heals for 2k per second on my dps character.