The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support on Thieves guild main questline bugged, unable to advance. Incident: 190323-003562

Arienth
Arienth
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,
i have been trying to progress on the thieves guild main questline, but there is a major bug that wont let me advance on my current mission.
On the quest “Forever Hold Your Peace” there is a step asks you to “Attend the Wedding Ceremony” but every time i get to the quest marker on the room where the groom and the guest are waiting nothing happens. I tried leaving the quest and restarting it several times and picking different paths.
I submitted some tickets and tried again everything i was told:
restarting the quest, abandoning the quest and starting it again, log out and wait 15 min for the instance to reset…
Nothing worked.
Keep in mind this is not a petty secondary quest, its a bug on the Main Qustline from the thieves guild that is preventing me from completing the main story from the DLC Thieves Guild that they sell separately from the base game.
At this point i start searching the forums to see if i can find a solution when i discover this bug has been going on for some players since March 2017. 2 YEARS.
So i have been mailing with the support service to find some solution and their answers so far are:

1.- First answer from support:
If you're experiencing a problem with your character or something you're interacting with in-game,most in-game issues are resolved by logging out for 15 minutes and logging back in. This will load you into a new game instance and refresh your surroundings. Please make sure you’ve attempted this first!
If your character is ever stuck, use the Unstuck Tool, which will send your character back to the closest safe point. You can do this on PC/Mac by typing /stuck in chat, or on consoles in the“Help” menu and selecting “Get Me Unstuck”.
- My bad because i wrote i was “stuck on the step” maybe?

2.- I explain again the bug, that i am unable to progress, that i have already tried resetting the quest etc. This time i get:
I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue. Thank you for your patience while they review your request, they should be reaching out to you shortly.
- Ok, i will wait as they said they will be reaching me shortly.

3.- *I read the ticket again, bottom lines:
We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days). I wait three days before writing asking for help so they don't close the ticket and they answer the next day:
Thank you for your patience, sorry for the wait. I recommend that you abandon and restart the quest, which also causes quest NPCs and objectives to restart; this generally gets positive results.
- Which i had told them i had tried several times, but i do it again just in case. Surprise! Did Not Work.

From this point on they start answering within 1 hour or less.

4.- So i ask if they have any way to help me or skip the quest which they answer:
Sadly, we do not have any other troubleshooting to offer you on this issue. We are also not able to skip or complete quests for characters. I really wish there was more we could do.
Thanks for letting us know about this bug. It is greatly appreciated and will provide the developers with a great deal of information. More information means a faster fix. :)
- 2 YEARS. There are posts about this bug from 2017. AGAIN 2 YEARS

5.- I insist. Is there any way to skip this quest? Answer:
There really is no way for us to skip or complete the quest for you. I absolutely would if we could.

6.- Since they have been answering quite fast to the last 2 tickets (around 30 min or so), i ask for some in-game help i would like to speak with a GM in-game because maybe they can help me in some way. Answer:
In-game GM assistance is not a service we offer. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. You can try finding another player that is on the same quest and group with them to see if this triggers the event.

- From what i have read players who have this quest bugged may bug it for other players so i wont try this for now. But most important:
IN-GAME GM ASSISTANCE IS NOT A SERVICE WE OFFER FOR AN ONLINE GAME. SERIOUSLY???

So let's recap:
1- There is a bug on a DLC main questline and it prevents some players from completing it.
2- This bug exists for since 2017 at least and hasn't been fixed yet.
3- They have absolutely no way of helping players that want to finish the storyline but have this bug.

Incident: 190323-003562
THANK YOU SUPPORT TEAM.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Finn
Thanks for reading, excuse me if there are some mistakes as english is not my native language.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 17, 2023 6:57PM
  • chronokeeper_ESO
    chronokeeper_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here and same responses from Zenimax, has a solution been found yet?
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I have a few suggestions that might be important. This is because there are subtle things that allow the quest to work that people miss. One is that you *must* both acquire the key and get the aid of one of the people in the gardens before you can get into the castle. If you do not do both (usually by pickpocketing the key and then getting the wine to one of the maids), you will not be able to get the quest to progress, and, even if you can get into the castle proper, it won't help. So, make sure that you do get both of those, as they will make a huge difference

If that is not the specific area you're having trouble with, I probably can't help, but maybe this will point you in the right direction.

• AniriMur
    AniriMur
    ✭✭
    My quest is broken in the same way.
    Years go by, nothing changes.
    I tried everything.
    And what the author did. Followed the last tip.
    The quest is broken. Technical support is silent. Has anyone found a way out during this time?
  • AniriMur
    AniriMur
    ✭✭
    It is strange that the error has been corrected for so many years in a row.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in March 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.