The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rework Necropotence set in Elsweyr please?

Transairion
Transairion
✭✭✭✭✭
Necropotence
LEVEL 50 - CP 160
Type Overland
Set bonus
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) While you have a pet active, your Maximum Magicka is increased by 3150.
Crafty Alfiq
Set bonus
(5 items) Adds 2411 Maximum Magicka
Draugr Hulk
Set bonus
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(5 items) Adds 2540 Maximum Stamina

For some reason the Magicka version has less stats than the Stamina version too, is that intended?

Now we have the much requested no-pets-required set, can we rework Necropotence as the pet-user set it was originally designed for (It was designed when the only way to scale Sorc Pets/Wards was max magicka stacking)?
Proposed Necropotence
LEVEL 50 - CP 160
Type Overland
Set bonus
(5 items) Your combat pets do X% more damage

At this point we have sets for +% damage for basically every damage variant in the game, but still nothing for pet damage exclusively. Can we get one, you can even buff Draugr Hulk and Alfiq up to 3000 stat 5-peices if you want...
Edited by Transairion on March 29, 2019 6:46AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a lazy set idea, they said they had lots of ideas still and had no plans to slow the introduction of sets but this proves otherwise. Necropotance set was a reason to build creatively. It gives a massive amount of stats on a condition of either running pets or using certain monster sets. Now you just get virtually the same amount of stats for free. And imo it’s not the equivalent to hulking draugr because magicka abilties scale better with max mag than stamina abilties do with max stam.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone forgets about destruction mastery, if anything that is the set that needs a buff now.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather they leave necropotence alone but buff up that new Crafty Alfiq to match Hulking Draugr.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    I would rather they leave necropotence alone but buff up that new Crafty Alfiq to match Hulking Draugr.

Are you really worried about 129 max magic? You will already get way more max magic use that set then a Stam toon will get using hulking, way more percentage amps to max magic.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a nerf unless the damage buff to pets was really high. My Tormentor zaps are already getting hate whispers, so I'm not sure buffing them more is such a good idea.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be a nerf unless the damage buff to pets was really high. My Tormentor zaps are already getting hate whispers, so I'm not sure buffing them more is such a good idea.

Yeh, pets are pretty potent at the moment. I'm not sure increased let damage is really needed.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »

What I meant is to leave necropotence alone, the new set wouldn't be for a pet build, I would try that on a Templar or Dk that don't have pets to see how it goes.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone forgets about destruction mastery, if anything that is the set that needs a buff now.

Exactly .
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP makes a great point by mentioning the sets we have that affect only specific types of damage or skills.

What is great about that point is all those sets are trash. Why make Necropotence trash?

Exactly my point. Leave the set alone. If you want the propose trash set in game ask Zos to make a new set and add it to a future dungeon or something.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets actually aren’t strong enough. Their damage needs to be toned down some, they need to be one barred and they need to be a source for debuffs/buffs to bring sorc access to these in line with the other classes.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Pets actually aren’t strong enough. Their damage needs to be toned down some, they need to be one barred and they need to be a source for debuffs/buffs to bring sorc access to these in line with the other classes.

Let me get this straight, you want:
    1. Free damage
    2. Free buffs / application of debuffs
    3. Free LOS
    4. Free stuns
    5. Free heals
    6. Up to 2 free bar slots

Bit strong..
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

1. Free damage
    3. Free LOS
    4. Free stuns
    5. Free heals

Bit strong..

Your post is silly. Dots are free damage on other classes. All of the other classes have more debuffs and buffs than sorcs and they get them for free when used alongside other useful abilities. Pet LOS abuse is utter garbage and we agree on that. It needs to be changed. The heals aren’t free. Just like other classes heals are not (in most cases). The stun is part of an activated ability and is on a timer before it goes off. Yes, I want an additional bar slot. I want to be able to customize my sorc. Willing to take a damage nerf to pets to have that option.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Tormentor zaps are already getting hate whispers, so I'm not sure buffing them more is such a good idea.

And I meant every word
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I lost a crap ton of max magic with Necropotence on my warden. He still does about the same damage though, and shield size is the same so it’s alright. I gave it up anyways for a better set. Max mag builds have seen their time come and go. There’s better stuff out there now.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

1. Free damage
    3. Free LOS
    4. Free stuns
    5. Free heals

Bit strong..

Your post is silly. Dots are free damage on other classes. All of the other classes have more debuffs and buffs than sorcs and they get them for free when used alongside other useful abilities. Pet LOS abuse is utter garbage and we agree on that. It needs to be changed. The heals aren’t free. Just like other classes heals are not (in most cases). The stun is part of an activated ability and is on a timer before it goes off. Yes, I want an additional bar slot. I want to be able to customize my sorc. Willing to take a damage nerf to pets to have that option.

Granted, their post does seem a little silly, but what class has DoTs that are free damage?

BTW, you guys are derailing this thread as well.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant that dots are free damage and super strong in this game. You are correct, nothing is free technically unless attached to other abilities. The same argument could be made for matriarch but still should be one slot.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant that dots are free damage and super strong in this game. You are correct, nothing is free technically unless attached to other abilities. The same argument could be made for matriarch but still should be one slot.

DoTs are not free damage. They are not free in any means. They cost both time and resources to cast.

So maybe you can enlighten us with what you mean. Please use either WoE or LL as an example. Both are DoTs so please explain how they do not cost time or resources (or even just one of them).
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Necropotence should be reworked asap, as certain builds able to keep it up have been more than competitive without it for a while now. I would have liked to just see it turned into the magicka version of Draugr Hulk, but with Crafty Alfiq taking that place now, it needs something else.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave Necropotence alone. Better yet, give it even more max magicka.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.. rework my poor necro set into something i wont use so i wasted golding out those jewelry.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

DoTs are not free damage. They are not free in any means. They cost both time and resources to cast.

So maybe you can enlighten us with what you mean. Please use either WoE or LL as an example. Both are DoTs so please explain how they do not cost time or resources (or even just one of them).

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. Let me rephrase for you. Dots are passive dps. They are free damage working in the background. Since you are going to be a *** and lawyer every post I put on this board. What I meant by my second sentence is that nothing is free and aware they cost time and resources. Bleeds for example are attached to other abilities. That was the point I was trying to make.

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Yeah, no kidding. Everybody forgets the 5-piece bonus used to give you like 4K magicka!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have the current version.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That set suddenly makes twice born Star an attractive 2nd set. Would love to run atro and steed in pvp.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Yeah, no kidding. Everybody forgets the 5-piece bonus used to give you like 4K magicka!

It still does just about, 20% CP bonus applies to five piece sets now this last patch. So you're looking at about 3780 magicka from that one bonus.

If you're using the new magicka hulk set that's about 3K (2893).
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either have more magicka having pet active and risk having it killed (in pvp/overland/arena) or wear set that gives 1k less but no matter if pet is alive or not. I think it's fair deal.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Either have more magicka having pet active and risk having it killed (in pvp/overland/arena) or wear set that gives 1k less but no matter if pet is alive or not. I think it's fair deal.

First off, some builds have pets that can be kept up permantently that can not be killed (NB and Warden), and even against pet sorc, which clearly derives the greatest benefit from this set, it usually isn't a feasible option these days.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necropotence
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (5 items) While you have a pet active, your Maximum Magicka is increased by 3150.
    Crafty Alfiq
    Set bonus
    (5 items) Adds 2411 Maximum Magicka
    Draugr Hulk
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Adds 2540 Maximum Stamina

For some reason the Magicka version has less stats than the Stamina version too, is that intended?

Now we have the much requested no-pets-required set, can we rework Necropotence as the pet-user set it was originally designed for (It was designed when the only way to scale Sorc Pets/Wards was max magicka stacking)?
    Proposed Necropotence
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (5 items) Your combat pets do X% more damage

At this point we have sets for +% damage for basically every damage variant in the game, but still nothing for pet damage exclusively. Can we get one, you can even buff Draugr Hulk and Alfiq up to 3000 stat 5-peices if you want...

Keep it as is but add magic recovery to the 5 piece bonus as well. :)
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the set I use for overland questing.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

That's the set I use for overland questing.

What do you mean?