The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Common Crowns for both servers.

Kewpie
Kewpie
Hello, and I just got into a situation, bought 4 new boxes on the American server, not knowing that the crowns are common. The question of why this is not written anywhere, no one warns you that your crowns are shared by 2 servers, and the purchases are divided. Ie it turns out you want to play on different servers - pay twice? I did not expect such a development of events, logically, I thought at least so it could be the purchase occurs on both servers at the same time. That is, buying in America, I had to get the same boxes on the European server. As a maximum, I hoped that my crowns on Europe and on the American server are separated from each other and you are free to choose what to buy on one server and what on the other. As a result, we have some strange greedy system.

What do you think about this? I think this is cheating and that everyone should be returned the full purchase price in such situations as.
First of all, the developers themselves did not consider it necessary to notify players before buying that their crowns were common to both servers.
Secondly, there is not even a transfer of persons between the servers. Which means they just don't give a damn.
And thirdly, I understand if one server was a PVP and the second is RPPVE, but they are absolutely identical unless they are in different regions and therefore there is a different ping for them.

So as for me it's just not fair, aswell as they must warn players before purchase otherwise it looks like cheating. It's just illogical to have such a strange crown store system. As I said at least you should have character transfer. Now I just lost my last reward for ESO+ on wrong server and very dissapointed in you.

Please help me with that problem @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
I wanted refund, but the support said it's not possible, so the problem is still actual.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probabally is written somewhere. Regardless, this seems to be the case with most games as other games I have played the cash shop currency is available on all servers. I have never thought twice about it since it makes sense. Otherwise we would have a ton of crowns on the server we hardly play on.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you contact Support and explain you didn't realise that crowns are shared across servers but in-game purchases are not they may be able to refund the crowns you spent on the wrong server. (Make sure to specify which one you want refunded.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am not a fan of this system at all. I'd be perfectly happy if things I purchased appeared on both servers, rather than being able to pick and choose between if that was simpler for coding or what not. But this very thing is the reason I've never really played on the EU server, despite having friends on that one: I really don't want to have to pay for things I enjoy twice (ARAA, imperial, certain mounts, etc)
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Kewpie
    Kewpie
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am not a fan of this system at all. I'd be perfectly happy if things I purchased appeared on both servers, rather than being able to pick and choose between if that was simpler for coding or what not. But this very thing is the reason I've never really played on the EU server, despite having friends on that one: I really don't want to have to pay for things I enjoy twice (ARAA, imperial, certain mounts, etc)

Yes and I thought that purchases are for both servers. I already contacted support, but still not happy with their answer, so they trying to solve it. I started this post only after dialogue with support member.
  • Kewpie
    Kewpie
    Danikat wrote: »
    If you contact Support and explain you didn't realise that crowns are shared across servers but in-game purchases are not they may be able to refund the crowns you spent on the wrong server. (Make sure to specify which one you want refunded.)

Yes and thats not so simple, as support said. And I undestand that, but hope to get any kind of fair refund. And by creating this post I hope to force devs fix that issue, and warn newcomers to being careful with their crowns.