The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Young Dragon Mounts - NON FLYING.

Turokos_Vampires
Turokos_Vampires
✭✭✭
With the dragon expansion coming, can we see dragon mounts that do not fly for obvious reasons but simply walk on their limbs quickly? Such as a juvenile dragon mount? These mounts would not fly, but could glide some when leaping.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just a colossus that crawls around on all fours
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragons don't have a juvenile form.

That is why there were no dragon eggs in Skyrim.

So no, this wouldn't work for that reason alone.

Not to mention that dragons aren't beasts... They're an intelligent race just like our characters, in fact I would argue more, as they are immortal.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons in TES are sentient beings with a translatable language. They aren’t beasts that can be rode by anyone with enough money. They ALLOW only the Dragonborn, their kin, to ride them temporarily.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Dragon_Riding
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons are supposed to be very rare during this time period, so it wouldn't make sense from a lore standpoint to have a bunch of people riding around on babies. Otherwise, I'd say, "heck yeah!"

I'd love a gryphon mount, though.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My god. I feel so bad for the mother giving birth to full-sized dragons.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not understood why Zos has not introduced flying mounts that just hover above the ground. They do not actually fly.

The only think I can figure is Zos seems to built their mount movement system so it actually interacts with the ground or moves to close to the ground. It might look great but it is why our mounts sometimes get hung up on pebbles. They might think it would not look good for that to happen with a "flying" mount that hovers above the ground.

If they worked to "fix" this for hovering mounts but everything else still tripped on every leaf it would raise some serous issues.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I have not understood why Zos has not introduced flying mounts that just hover above the ground. They do not actually fly.

The only think I can figure is Zos seems to built their mount movement system so it actually interacts with the ground or moves to close to the ground. It might look great but it is why our mounts sometimes get hung up on pebbles. They might think it would not look good for that to happen with a "flying" mount that hovers above the ground.

If they worked to "fix" this for hovering mounts but everything else still tripped on every leaf it would raise some serous issues.

I'd love some hovering (not flying) mounts tbh. It'd be nice to see something really different from all these land creatures. Cliff racers and Griffins would look pretty sweet.
    Edited by Alucardo on April 1, 2019 2:48PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No such thing as a "young" dragon.
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a Wamasu :(
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the dragon expansion coming, can we see dragon mounts that do not fly for obvious reasons but simply walk on their limbs quickly? Such as a juvenile dragon mount? These mounts would not fly, but could glide some when leaping.
    There is no credible story of how dragons came to be. According to dremora that the College of Whispers have "questioned," they just were, and are. Eternal, immortal, unchanging, and unyielding. They are not born or hatched. They do not mate or breed. There are no known examples of dragon eggs or dragonlings. The Iliac Bay area has stories of such things, but so far all have proven false. The eggs turned out to be eggs of other reptiles. The small dragons were merely oversized lizards and no relation to true dragons.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:There_Be_Dragons

gapps wrote: »

How would you avoid getting damage from riding a wamasu? Periodically lightning runs over the entire body.....
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    My god. I feel so bad for the mother giving birth to full-sized dragons.

I'm guessing this is meant in jest, but just in case you're serious, or for anyone not so well-versed in TES lore, then, the dragons are the children of Akatosh, the God of Time.

To use a cliche, they simply are.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭

How would you avoid getting damage from riding a wamasu? Periodically lightning runs over the entire body.....

Lightning resistance on jewelery :>
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lightning resistance on jewelery :>

Better alternative than insulated rubber pants......