The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infernium Dwarven Spider--oh, SO UNCOOL, ZOS.

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
When the Crown Store Showcase came out at the beginning of the month I was so excited. I've been looking forward to this thing since it was datamined, I collect the Dwemer spiders and they are my favorite mount type in the entire game. I'd already prepared the place for this one. And today you've destroyed my dream, you heartless monsters. Not only gems, but SIX HUNDRED gems, are you MENTAL?! What did I do to inspire so much hate that you'd pull out the big guns to hurt me in such a fashion? Or am I just a convenient scapegoat for personal rage stemming from somewhere else? I will never get excited for an item again, you've burned me good this time. Childlike enthusiasm: successfully destroyed.

On a less histrionic note--I was actually prepared to use my birthday money (yes, you're doing this to me during my birthday week, this spider was going to be my in-game present to myself) and some savings to buy about $65 worth of crowns today. I now have zero reason to do so, there's nothing else in the store or in the new crown crates that I want and 8500 crowns won't get me 600 gems.

Edited by Minyassa on March 28, 2019 5:18PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned to just contain my love of dwemer things when it comes to spending on this game.

When the black/yellow spider came out, I shrugged and said "the color theme of this doesn't fit my artificer; he already has the spider mount that fits him. Pass." When this one was announced, I did basically the same thing. If it is true they are charging 600 gems for it, that's... haha hah ahahahahahahaha!

I mean, as it is I'm going to give a pass on trying to get the legendary-tier dwemer weapon skins. Do I really want them? Yes. Am I going to slap 200 gems on them? No. Especially not when engine guardian is going to be coming out and a bow wreathed in electricity will fit my artificer better anyway.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it instantly. That mount is amazing. It even shoots a jet of flame out the back if you charge it up first. I tend to pick up crates for gold when new seasons hit. It's a decent way to keep up a supply of gems without having to spend any money.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it instantly. That mount is amazing. It even shoots a jet of flame out the back if you charge it up first. I tend to pick up crates for gold when new seasons hit. It's a decent way to keep up a supply of gems without having to spend any money.

This assumes you are a multi-millionare in game, though. Most of us are not. Few can afford to pick up crates for in-game gold as you do. Most of us are simply out of luck. It is really sad that video games monetize things like this. We have enough problems with classism in our culture without something that is supposed to be fun adding to it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are going to crank up prices, and see just how much they can get away with. They have done so with absolutely everything ever since the crown store began. There is no ceiling, as long as people keep buying.

First they convolute prices with those fake crown currencies, now they convolute prices even more since you have to use real money to buy crowns to open crates to get gems - so actually knowing the real life money value of 600 gems is pretty hard unless you have a lot of time and a calculator, and you'll probably just buy it on a gut feeling, which is exactly what they're hoping you will.

600 gems for a mount is ASTRONOMICALLY expensive, by the way. These are items targeted at the blue whales, the whales who will buy almost anything, no matter the price.

Charging 600 gems for anything in this game is absurd and an insult. And I sincerely hope most people won't support such a predatory practise by actually buying it for that price.
    If you actually do pick up mounts for 600 crown gems, then the joke really is on you.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some non-constructive posts. On the forums, you will encounter opinions that you may not agree with, and that’s okay. It’s perfectly acceptable to disagree, but please do not put other people down for their opinions, ideas, or suggestions.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed as well. I don't have a dwemer spider mount and seeing this was going to be available I was excited. I was expecting 400 gems, which is something I wouldn't be able to afford anyway. And it would be like, yeah it's a mount and most of the mounts in a crown crate are 400 gems anyway. But 600 is ludicrous.

I learned my lesson when I bought crates trying to get the Hallowjack Guar because it's the only black guar. I got 30 crates and that got me about 350 gems, then I scrambled to convert other items I had been saving to get to 400 gems and buy it. So 600 gems is like 50 crates IF you are lucky enough to get duplicates of many good rewards.
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    Additionally, the crown store says now (Mar 28) that there are 7 days left on it. However the March Crown Store Showcase said
    The Infernium Dwarven Spider mount is a Crown Gem exclusive. It will appear in the Limited Time Offers in the Crown Store’s Crown Crates category for a limited time on all platforms, from March 28 to April 11 at 10am EDT.

and April 11 is more than 7 days away.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw in average per 15 crates (5k crowns) you can get 100 gems

so...(ta-daaaaam!) in average case we have a mount that costs 30k crowns =D

and some weapon skins in total for another...40k?

looks like Aspect of Greed from diablo and zos is same person =D

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gem requirements for the mount and the styles are outrageous.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gem requirements for the mount and the styles are outrageous.

It really is. Was slightly less insane when there were free crates...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I enjoy about the crown store is it rarely having anything worthy spending crowns on. Because of that I do not get worked up about whatever the price for something is. It is really great an effective and I suggest trying it. We are talking about cosmetics and nothing more.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous crown-gems-only mount was also 600 gems so you should have expected that. All gems exclusives are made to suck player dry on gems and made them buy crates to get what they want not hoard gems and carefully bying only a few things in a season.
    It's sad though. Even crown-priced recolors of spiders were sad, first 500 or 100 crowns more for adding blue light, then even more for changing it's color and lights. Description above of the new spider animations makes me want to believe that ZOS did their homework after ice senche that was simply a retexture with no cool summoning effects at all for the same price. But it's still too expensive for a mount.

This season of crates has close to none returning items, so you only can get gems from consumables and duplicates. And RNG is baaad. So many blues. I've made only 150+ gems from 20 boxes, but with RNG you'll likely need to instantly spend them on items you've wanted.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they totally did this just because of you, since you are at the center of their whole agenda and planning.

Just buy it or don’t.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    What I enjoy about the crown store is it rarely having anything worthy spending crowns on. Because of that I do not get worked up about whatever the price for something is. It is really great an effective and I suggest trying it. We are talking about cosmetics and nothing more.

Pretty much. I wasted so much money in a previous game because they sold stuff like armor enhancements, weapons, gear, faster mounts, and I could go on. It was actually disgusting, but the PvP was so much fun that I looked the other way for a long time.
    With ESO I have no real desire to buy anything, as it's purely cosmetic. I'll spend the sub crowns, and maybe buy a new race change when I'm bored of a particular build, but that's about it.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS starts to lose any decency. I mean equivalent price of this mount in crowns is minimum 20k. While regular and ebony spiders were like 3-4k as I remember. So it's more expensive that notable house.. it's not about if people can buy it, obviously majority of ESO players are grown ups from developed countries and they can afford this. But it simply out of place, it's like if restaurant added new spice to old dish and charged 5x price for it.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I got two of the previous spiders even though they were expensive (the one with blue highlights just came out too soon after the first one and offered too little novelty so I skipped that). I love dwarven spiders but this thing here is just simply too much. Even spending 4000 crowns is extravagant with my country's weak currency but grinding up 600 gems with this weak rng is just insane. Certainly not worth it for me.
    Edited by Michae on March 29, 2019 1:10PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expensive, yes. But I get gems all the time from Oroboros twitch drops... I just saved them up for a while.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont like anything specifc in the actual crown crates, and i'm really not a fan of dragonscale mounts, so i imagine the pain it must be to buy them just for reaching the 400 gems 😫
    I'm not naive but they should sell gems aswell or selling these mounts with both money and/or gems... Because there is a lot of hate against crown crates and these decisions just help it grow
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Expensive, yes. But I get gems all the time from Oroboros twitch drops... I just saved them up for a while.

This is a problem. Only one of the three platforms this game is marketed on can get these. They SHOULD NOT price things based on snitch drops. Or if they do, jack up the cost for PC players and reduce it for console.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I first saw this datamined, I wanted it very much. Had it been available for crowns, I'd have snapped it up, probably even bought more crowns had I needed them, but now, no. Now I will have to be content with not having it, as I refuse to buy into this crate and gem nonsense. I blew what gems I had left from free crates on the storm atro horse which is a cut above the more recent offerings anyway and I am still thrilled with that.

As the free crates have dried up, I'll have to be content with what I do have. Which is plenty, really. I even use a randomiser add-on just so I get to see ALL my many mounts! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is absurdly expensive, I do like it but I don't like it 600 gems worth. But whatever, that's their prerogative.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh? I thought that was a joke.
    600 Gems? lmfao.

Who the hell has 600 gems?

Last 15 I bought I got just over 100.

So If that holds thats a $300 piece of nothing.

Seriously?

giphy.gif
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who the hell has 600 gems?
    Whales. The people insane enough to keep spending and hoping for a radiant apex, who have amassed hundreds of gems in the process. This spider mount exists solely to burn gem supplies from people who see a mount like this, a collection of digital pixels that has identical functionality as all the mounts they already own, see the price tag that equates to hundreds of dollars, yet still think "I must have that." All so that they'll spend crowns instead of gems on the new crate season.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gloom mount is going to be Gem only as well.