The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Blazing Shield PvP Performance

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So they fixed a bug with this skill and I was wondering if anybody has tried it now.

Should I build for 100% health?

Maybe resistances since it does damage based on damage taken.

I ran one for a week right before they nerfed it way back. Joust looking for insight
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although they fixed a bug, the nerf they did to both the shield size and the dmg per shield has made it lackluster... rak was doing less than half the dmg he used to do with it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Although they fixed a bug, the nerf they did to both the shield size and the dmg per shield has made it lackluster... rak was doing less than half the dmg he used to do with it.

Damn that’s disappointing. Really would like to see that spec work. Does he use forums?

Could you tag him if possible?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield is still not worth using, even full on blazing shield tanks with 70k+ hp are doing diddly squat for damage with the skill. At this point I think they should completely rework the skill or just replace it with something else like they did blinding flashes.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Blazing shield is still not worth using, even full on blazing shield tanks with 70k+ hp are doing diddly squat for damage with the skill. At this point I think they should completely rework the skill or just replace it with something else like they did blinding flashes.

mag scaled blazing seems to be getting hype. Would be nice to have a shield for magplar so we don't have to rely on BOL all the time.

But with necro getting purge/rez/major vulnerability/major defile/unrepentable corpses , I think I want blinding flashes back lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I think I want blinding flashes back lol.
    Every time you remind about Blinding Light, a Templar dies somewhere.
    371650_original.gif

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I think I want blinding flashes back lol.
    Every time you remind about Blinding Light, a Templar dies somewhere.
    371650_original.gif

been dying since 2015 ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mag scaled blazing seems to be getting hype. Would be nice to have a shield for magplar so we don't have to rely on BOL all the time.

But with necro getting purge/rez/major vulnerability/major defile/unrepentable corpses , I think I want blinding flashes back lol.

Honestly think it should be made into a stamina shield

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly think it should be made into a stamina shield

or give back blinding flashes ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know people ask for that, but I don't see it: harness magicka already does that and that's the same thing sorcerers have: a double dip of homogeneity.

The skill should just be redesigned to actual provide a meaningful defense.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know people ask for that, but I don't see it: harness magicka already does that and that's the same thing sorcerers have: a double dip of homogeneity.

So... blinding flashes confirmed?
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder. We guys did not even NOT get flashes back, nor fixed any of the bugs, nor gave any actual buffs, nor improved or changed any of the skills to the positive side... they nerfed us again, hueheuheuhehue

RIP gankplar 2019
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point why not just nuke the entire class. Yeah theres like 3 great skill morphs a couple ok morphs but then theres just crud.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

So... blinding flashes confirmed?

Something to be confirmed. Even the in-game lore wants us to have a self-buff protection that impacts players in addition to our shield:
    "As a form of armor, Stendarr's gift may take the form of a diffuse aura that surrounds the righteous, mitigating the attacks of the abominable, or it may focus into an almost-palpable shield to ward off a specific threat." - Aura of the Righteous
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are crazy, i still do great on my templar solo and small group. Ive even been playing thebuild ill be using next patch to work on rotation and test, and it's only getting buffed next patch. Not 1 part of it gets nerfed.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on April 24, 2019 4:33PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    You guys are crazy, i still do great on my templar solo and small group. Ive even been playing thebuild ill be using next patch to work on rotation and test, and it's only getting buffed next patch. Not 1 part of it gets nerfed.

You keep hitting targets that stand still? If so, yea, then magplar is good!
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is good against idiots...but every class is. Problem is even against total *** outnumbered it's still difficult to get off backbar

I mean...atleast we have a solid backbar defense...tell a stamplar to tank it out on his backbar roflmao
    Edited by Baconlad on April 25, 2019 7:06AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Blinding Flashes was a tad overturned ;).
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.