The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Addon to remove addon-spam in chat

Galadius
Galadius
✭✭✭
I did a look in Minion as well as a search of this forum to see if I could find evidence of an addon that simply prevents or clears out all the addon spam filling up the chat window upon login or /reloadui. Does anyone know of such an addon? I use SuppressErrorMessage but that is just for errors.
You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    think you just need to go over your addon settings and also check if some addons modify the same thing, I have a couple of addon collusions myself, but tinkering with individual settings always seems to work
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change your chat tab setting to redirect System messages to a secondary tab, and untick them from your main/default chat tab...

Besides that, some addons let you config to which chat tab you want them to send all the spam, not many though.
    Edited by leeux on March 30, 2019 12:01AM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best solution:
    Find out which addon posts to chat upon login/reloadui.
    Contact the authors at www.esoui.com and tell them to please remove these annoying login messages (if they are not needed like showing you the time left until the stable can be used to skill your hors or research finishes -> These information can be normally accessed and changed at the addon settings page ingame).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here us what you do. Use at least two tabs or channels. Me, I use 5.

Make the first chat tab and call it Spam. Set it so it gets Says and Tells. Some addons look for the chat tab called Spam, some will use a chat tab with a name you specify, so why not use Spam.

Most addons if they do not have a way to designate a chat tab, use the first one. So I only use the 2nd through 5th tabs for my chatting.

Note, there are addons that will clone your chat tabs across characters, this really helps here.
    Edited by Nestor on April 12, 2019 1:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Best solution:
    Find out which addon posts to chat upon login/reloadui.
    Contact the authors at www.esoui.com and tell them to please remove these annoying login messages (if they are not needed like showing you the time left until the stable can be used to skill your hors or research finishes -> These information can be normally accessed and changed at the addon settings page ingame).
    I would agree with this. Personally, I like to see that everything I have is enabled and working, so I always have these messages turned on, but I certainly understand how annoying that could be. If an add-on doesn't have an option to turn the initialisation messages off, contact the author and ask them to add one.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Robbie529
    Robbie529
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    I would like some help please. On Friday, I installed the Dolgubon's KR Patch for Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter.
    I did this in error. I have since un-installed the Saved Variables and all Dolgubon's add-ons. I also screwed up the mini-map and am re-installing add-ons.
    I have re-installed Destinations and I am getting a message that the Korean; "Destinations is not properly localized for kr.
    English terms will be used will be used and not all POIs will be properly classified." I also am was getting a message with Lazy Writ Crafter and couldn't engage with crafting station.
    How can I fix this so I can continue being spoiled?
    And many thanks to all who create & provide the add-ons.
    Robbie
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the following chat command ingame and press the RETURN key afterwards.
    The game UI reloads then and everything should be English afterwards again.
    /script SetCVar("language.2", "en")

The following languages can be used in standard ESO as 2nd parameter for this function:
    en English
    de German
    fr French

all other language constants are non-standard ESO and maybe patched in by custom languages, like kr, ru, es, pt, br, pl, it, ...

Edited by Baertram on December 18, 2019 10:15AM
  • Robbie529
    Robbie529
    ✭✭
    Baertram, thank you, thank you, thank you!! You rock sir & I appreciate you!