The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non-deconstuctable jewerly

Jthomas56
Jthomas56
✭✭✭
Can we please remove the tag on old jewelry (pre-Summerset)? I get why it was there in the first place, but now I have some older jewelry that I no longer want to keep around. Rather than selling it for 56g I would like to Deconstruct it in hopes of getting a zircon grain.

Some people might have a hoarder stash of old jewelry around but I don’t think there would be so much that it would ruin the economy.

Please and thanks
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when the change was first implemented, I don't believe there was enough to influence the economy anyway. It was a change implemented to solve a problem that wasn't going to ever be a problem and now I answer questions at least a few times a month from guildmates wondering why they can't decon something. I suspect these sort of questions will be asked for the lifetime of the game due to a kneejerk reaction to a non issue.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would dearly love for ESO to make jewelry crafting a base game feature when Summerset eventually becomes a DLC. Then, they could fix deconstruction and even do away with the silly grains to plating business.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the economy wasn’t there only focus, maybe they didn’t want people to have a stash of jewelry to decon up to level up to 50 in the first hour of release. If that was their reasoning then Idk why they wouldn’t have removed the tag after the next update.

Anyway I don’t see a reason for it to still be implemented.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you that are still living in May 2018 that ship has sailed.

ZOS isn’t going to all of a sudden renege on their rule ... because you’re still hoarding pre-Summerset jewelry and you think “sufficient time” has lapsed.

C’mon really?

On the plus side, however, check the purple jewelry you have that are part of a 5-piece set. The meta has significantly shifted towards the better for sets like Curse Eater and Deadly Strike. Either sell those or use them in a build for yourself.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it wouldn't make a difference for me.

Something like two-thirds of my bank space is full of purple jewelry, most of which is pre-Summerset. I thought that when jewelry crafting came out, I would be able to clear some of that out because it would be relatively easy to find a green or blue and upgrade it to purple if I needed to. Instead, I hoard purple jewelry even worse now because I can't afford to upgrade anything to purple at all. I wouldn't deconstruct any of my pre-Summerset jewelry because the return would not be worth it. I would be destroying a 100k+ item for maybe 1/10th of a return on the value.

In short, jewelry crafting has some other pretty severe issues that need to be addressed before I could possibly care about them removing the non-deconstructible tag.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pre-summerset jewelry, no it stays as is. It would be a slap in the face to all the players that got rid of theirs to benefit a few hoarders.

Now there are new pieces dropping that are non-deconstructable. These need to stop dropping as such, all new drops should be deconstructable.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    First World Problems - you talk about howmuch jewelery you can't deconstruct? :D 1 zircon is about howmuch? 2k? :D

I got 1 Char (200Slots) of old Gold jewelery - so please yeah let me deconstruct it :)
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    gapps wrote: »
    First World Problems - you talk about howmuch jewelery you can't deconstruct? :D 1 zircon is about howmuch? 2k? :D

I got 1 Char (200Slots) of old Gold jewelery - so please yeah let me deconstruct it :)

To be fair I do have 3 60 slot chests filled with sets of all the gold trial rings, but I wouldn't want to deconscruct those because 1 grain is not worth it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get why the lock was there in the first place then you understand why Zos will not change this.

Many players had banked jewelry in wait for JC. It became virtually worthless. The jewelry you speak of is no different and you do not deserve special treatment.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Why it was there is the first place was to stop players from gaining 1-50 in under an hour, and to stop them from selling their hords of jewels for 30k + a piece. Both of those things are no longer a concern.

So its not special treatment its just updating the game for everyone so there isn't random non deconstructable items that are floating around.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love an excuse to clear most of that stuff out of my bank too.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Annomaander_Rake
    Annomaander_Rake
    ✭✭✭
    god forbid the ridiculous cost of purple jewelry tempers goes down a bit from the influx of mats that would come from everyone decon'ing their old useless jewelry. that would just be awful
    Main- Annomaander Rake - Magicka Lightning Sorcerer PVP DPS
    Second- Dracconnus - Magicka Fire DK PVE DPS
    Third- Necro-Nom-Icon - Templar PVE Tank
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless my recollection is way off, ZOS stated at the time that the reason pre- Summerset jewelry could not be deconstructed was because those items are saved in a different format. Whether that is true or not, only they could say, but to change that now would be an admission of deceit on their part.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    Unless my recollection is way off, ZOS stated at the time that the reason pre- Summerset jewelry could not be deconstructed was because those items are saved in a different format. Whether that is true or not, only they could say, but to change that now would be an admission of deceit on their part.

Let’s not start rumors! ;)

Fortunately, that’s not ZOS’s reasoning ... as they would not have needed the extra coding work to flag pre-Summerset jewelry as non-deconstructible.

The real reasoning is pretty simple. Deconning pre-Summerset jewelry gives hoarders too much of an advantage over players starting from scratch ... even nine (9) months after the Summerset patch dropped.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real reasoning is pretty simple. Deconning pre-Summerset jewelry gives hoarders too much of an advantage over players starting from scratch ... even nine (9) months after the Summerset patch dropped.

Does it, though?

As I mentioned above, I hoard purple jewelry. If I could deconstruct them now, I still wouldn't do so because of how bogus the grains system is. It would give me no advantage at all and I'd be destroying an item worth 100k+ in platings for nothing. I might as well throw my gold in a well somewhere for all the good it would do. It would not be surprising if some other players reach a similar conclusion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not just about the grains, @Starlock ... decon is the primary way players level their jewelry crafting (thereby unlocking passives).

Players could get instant level 50 without having to do anything except decon their old pre-Summerset jewelry.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget removing the tag on old jewelry. Can we please remove the grain and plating BS?

Make it so it requires 8 legendary mats to upgrade a purple jewelry piece to gold, not 40 grains to 4 gold platings. Hardly anyone wants to do that unless you're swimming in gold platings....

Chromium plates are 80 to 90k, at least on xbox na, which means 320k to 360k to upgrade one piece of jewelry to gold, that is absolutely ridiculous. Yea, sure I can refine dust and run vet trials for chromium plates, but that process is still extremely slow and not guaranteed for chromium grains, hence, it will take a lot of dust and more than 40 pieces of jewelry...

If you dont release mothers sorrow necklaces on the vendor, i will be forced to do that :(
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    Forget removing the tag on old jewelry. Can we please remove the grain and plating BS?

Make it so it requires 8 legendary mats to upgrade a purple jewelry piece to gold, not 40 grains to 4 gold platings. Hardly anyone wants to do that unless you're swimming in gold platings....

Chromium plates are 80 to 90k, at least on xbox na, which means 320k to 360k to upgrade one piece of jewelry to gold, that is absolutely ridiculous. Yea, sure I can refine dust and run vet trials for chromium plates, but that process is still extremely slow and not guaranteed for chromium grains, hence, it will take a lot of dust and more than 40 pieces of jewelry...

If you dont release mothers sorrow necklaces on the vendor, i will be forced to do that :(

jeah the Gain BS has too go, also adding a jewelry hireling into passives wouldnt bee to bad.

Althou 1 Thing needs to happen for that to be fair:
    Grains and completed Tempers need to be payed out in their respective form, so ppl who have combined gains to tempers wont suddenly loose 9 grains compared to ppl who hoard grains.
    Im sitting on 25 Tempers now, which would be equal to 250 Grains, ergo I want 250 Grans if they remove the grain system, or Ill loose 90% of my goldmats, which aint fair.
    This doesnt just effect 1 player, but every body who has atleast 1 completed temper
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    A discussion already exists for the JC materials issues. Feel free to go here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/463180/how-to-fix-jewelry-crafting/p3 and share your ideas.