Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
•[COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Contract: Shadowfen

bzz86
bzz86
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this was designed as that but Ruko(the target) does not move at all. There is no way that I've seen to kill her with the Blade of Woe. I tried getting on the wall behind her, many angles at the end I think I will just kill her the regular way.ux0mc9kr3y8y.png
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these targets have a scripted path. Unless you loiter around where the path is supposed to start, the NPC may not behave in a murder friendly manner. So, try to find where this target starts
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've camped that NPC for a while, waiting for her to move. I ended up hitting her in the face and taking my bounty. Since then, I just abandon the quest sending me to Hissmer and take a new one. She will not move and there is no way to blade of woe her with her back to the wall.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    All these targets have a scripted path. Unless you loiter around where the path is supposed to start, the NPC may not behave in a murder friendly manner. So, try to find where this target starts

mate, the whole point is that she does not move. I stood there long enough to know.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bzz86 wrote: »

mate, the whole point is that she does not move. I stood there long enough to know.

We are talking about the "you will know them by their eye..." series of murders, right?

Yes, if you stand there, she won't move as the action to trigger the script is not happening which is you showing up where they start their path. I agree that this is not a good way to do things. But I spent more time trying to get these NPCs to move or show up than I did anything else in these quests.

In fact, I only did these quests on one Alt.

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are talking about the "you will know them by their eye..." series of murders, right?
    No. As you can see in the original image, this has a "hand" indicator above the target, which is for the repeatable murder contracts, NOT for the Litany of Blood achievement ("you will know them by their eye..").

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bzz86
    Thanks for reporting this bug... but FYI, it's a lot simpler to just drop the repeatable murder contracts and pickup a new one until you get a "murder spree" contract, for killing multiple npcs in a zone. You also get more progress on your Dark Brotherhood skill line, if it is not already maxed. That's probably why this issue hasn't been noticed before - no-one does all of these out-of-the-way murder contracts.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. As you can see in the original image, this has a "hand" indicator above the target, which is for the repeatable murder contracts, NOT for the Litany of Blood achievement ("you will know them by their eye..").

Ah, sorry, was on an older S4 with a tiny screen did not even try to look at the image. I remember spending a long time on the Litany one in Shadowfen getting that NPC to do anything.

Yea, for the Radiant ones, just drop the quest and get a new one.

• bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bzz86
    Thanks for reporting this bug... but FYI, it's a lot simpler to just drop the repeatable murder contracts and pickup a new one until you get a "murder spree" contract, for killing multiple npcs in a zone. You also get more progress on your Dark Brotherhood skill line, if it is not already maxed. That's probably why this issue hasn't been noticed before - no-one does all of these out-of-the-way murder contracts.

agreed mate. I have it maxed out on my main and don't really bother on alts. Just wanted to do something useful cause I had time and was bored and report it.....while I get why some might want to drop the quest the forum is to report bugs -> reported. While I appreciate input didn't really need advice to continue playing.......