Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Labels and item descriptions missing

Reivax
Reivax
✭✭✭✭
If I mouse over some NPCs, it says Offline1, instead of their name.
Looking at inventory, shows icons and gold values, but no description.
The conversation text doesn't show, though if I hit 1, 2 etc the choices behave as though selected
Also on the character selection screen, it doesn't show the name of the location where they're at, just name and level

What can I try to fix this?
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    to update... Add ons weren't the cause, disabled only one I really have (CraftStore) and did reloadui, didn't help.

I rebooted the computer and it resolved it.

Also - I did all 3 Jester's event dailies without being able to see any of the conversation text!
    Every NPC in game was mouseover as "Offline1" except that at each of the three Jester's locations, the 2 who were not involved, if you moused over them it said something like King/Queen Placeholder
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    NPC's showing up as 'offline' could just be that you're experiencing some intermittent connection issues. The first thing you should try is simply logging off for 15 minutes and then logging back in. You may also want to try switching between Megaservers as well. If you would like to repair your game files, you can find instructions for doing so here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post