The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound Issue with NPC's

Dropastone
Dropastone
Soul Shriven
I got online this morning and the first thing I notice, most addon's got set to default settings. That took a while to straighten out. Then I'm off to the jester fest and the first thing I notice no NPC sounds. I uninstalled all addons and restarted the game and still no sound, I then started a repair from the launcher, still no sound from NPC. Please help!
  • Dropastone
    Dropastone
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to mention I went into setting/audio/dialogue slider it was at zero. I turn it up, go back into the game no NPC audio. I go back into settings and it's at zero again. It keeps reverting back to zero. Also forgot to mention that all drivers are up to date.
    Edited by Dropastone on March 27, 2019 3:06AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since you've already removed add-ons, repaired, and updated drivers the next thing to check is your PC audio settings. The default speaker device may not be set correctly or there could be a conflict between devices.

Refresh the PC's Audio:
    1. Exit the game.
    2. Right click on the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the system tray. (Please note that the Speaker Icon may get hidden in the Notification Area. To find it, simply click on the Up-arrow Icon in the bottom right corner of the system tray.)
    3. Choose Play Back Devices from the drop down menu, and then right click in the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
    4. Right click on the actual device, and select Disable.
    5. Click Apply, and then right click the device again and select Enable.
    6. Press Apply

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dropastone
    Dropastone
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your response. I don't know how but it sorted itself out. Logged in yesterday and it works.