The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khunzar-ri and Khajiit Furstocks

Robo_Hobo
Robo_Hobo
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that the Elsweyr prologue quest is in the live game, you can see the stone relief depictions of the Khunzar-ri and the Demons story in the Halls of Colossus. You may have noticed he looks a tad different. I'll show you a couple of the pictures I took of them below.
spyaSaW.jpg
LOq8f73.jpg

He has digitigrade feet! Something not seen on a bipedal Khajiit since the days of TES3 Morrowind Suthay-raht, but if you look closer, you might also notice that he's lacking a tail. If you compare him in size to the human stabbing him in the back, he also looks huge (but that could just be artistic embellishment)

It's possible he's a Khajiit form we haven't seen yet judging by those details. If you ask me, though, I think that might be what an actual representation of a Mane Khajiit furstock looks like, perhaps because of his large mane - but he was one in a time before Mane Khajiit were heralded as spiritual leaders.

Although I must point out that his lack of a tail may be an oversight or perhaps he lost it in some tragic accident, because the Khunzar-ri and the Demons book mentions his tail movement as a gesture in it (but I guess, that could also be the oversight lol *shrugs*)

What do you think?

And while I'm at it, I'll compile a list of pictures of concept art and in-game images other Khajiit forms seen in preview trailers thus far! Because that's how I roll.

Alfiq! And Senche-raht in the background too!

Alfiq.png

It looks like this Alfiq is the same one from a concept art shown in the Elsweyr announcement stream, check the top right one, under Merchants. Khajiit has wares, if you have coin, yes?

g820f2na4pa21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=a9a18f5a1218fc328d2e6467a5d297b46ae30b2d

Potential Cathay-raht over on the right side of this image? Look how big he is, even on his knees, compared to the Khajiit standing next to him.

pzmm3ln.jpg

There was some concept art of a Cathay-raht statue actually, too.

8b8629dd95.png

And then there's this last one, which I'm not actually sure is a different Khajiit form, but this Khajiit certainly looks a little different. The headshape is strange - the forehead is more round, the snout is closer to the face, the chin is small, and the ears are bigger and pointier. I don't know what Khajiit form this could be, they seem about the same height as the other Khajiit in the image, and have no other different qualities, so perhaps I'm just looking too much into this and it actually is just the standard Khajiit, or maybe it's one of the ones we know little about. Or maybe a Suthay, if the standard is Suthay-raht, and I just couldn't tell the height of them.

9a9385f480.png
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a Cathay-raht in the Windhelm Mage’s Guild btw. He’s freakin gigantic.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His tail could just be depicted as under his clothing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Mastreus
    Mastreus
    ✭✭

Alfiq.png

I can imagine this being Razum-Dar's elder brother or something, just too much dashing in that little package. I've long thought about Alfiq as spies, all they have to do is take off all that clothing and pretend to be house cats and they can listen in to all kinds of conversations.

P.S. I was thinking about how they would put on or take off clothing and then I remembered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSuH6LYMho
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastreus wrote: »
    Alfiq.png

I can imagine this being Razum-Dar's elder brother or something, just too much dashing in that little package. I've long thought about Alfiq as spies, all they have to do is take off all that clothing and pretend to be house cats and they can listen in to all kinds of conversations.

P.S. I was thinking about how they would put on or take off clothing and then I remembered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSuH6LYMho

Heh, they actually said in a livestream how the Alfiq manage to put on clothes.

They have someone help them with it or they use magic if they are talented enough.

And yeah I totally want Razum-dar to have a crazy family of different forms. Alfiq parents, Senche-raht sibiling, lol.
  • Mastreus
    Mastreus
    ✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Heh, they actually said in a livestream how the Alfiq manage to put on clothes.

They have someone help them with it or they use magic if they are talented enough.

And yeah I totally want Razum-dar to have a crazy family of different forms. Alfiq parents, Senche-raht sibiling, lol.

I think I remember hearing that, but that commercial is too cool not to post.