The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Necromancer Skill Line Showcase on Thursday 9 AM EDT

• L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly din't liked. I mean, most stamina morths looks much better than magica ones and necro doesn't have an single perma pet. Sorcerers has 2 perma pets and necro 0.

Nerouyn wrote: »
    Good to finally have this info

Necromancer doesn't look awful but it's not for me. I'm not generally into necromancy. Nothing about their visuals appeals to me. None of their abilities blow my mind.

Hopefully players who are more into necromancy like it.

I can't judge for a mmo standpoint because i an not a very fan of MMO. I never liked much mmos because they tends to remove too much player freedom. ESO is only fun by questing. When someone say necromancer, an Diablo 2 necro with hordes of skeletons and revived creatures comes to my mind, not two temporary pets.

The first RPG of my life was M&M VII. You can become an Lich and investing a lot on Dark Magic allow you to revive even dragons. Or in Icewind dale, where i can have an army of shades and undeads. On Pathfinder Kingmaker, i can easily raise an undead army with few animate dead casts.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont wanna be that guy, but this class absolutely bananas.
    Almost every skill and passive is sooooooooooooooooo overloaded compared to other classes.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @Masel you wrote that all necro pets are targetable, is this really true? That will be a big mess in PvP.

Oh god, I didn’t see that... Calling it now: BG premades consisting of pet sorcs and pet necros. :|
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    I can already imagine the complaints from PVP side :)

Definitely thinking to try a necro tank myself.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, looks nice so far. Stamina morphs look way better than magicka ones though.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Chufu wrote: »
    Thanks Masel for those videos, in addition to that you can also create your own necro builds here:

https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer

That is very neat, @The_Saint told me that'd happen and its 2398579243% cooler than what i had to work with :smiley:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I totally love what I see. I can already tell this class is going to get nerfed into the ground before it makes it to live. Everything about this class is exceptional and practically flawless. And even if it does make it live as is. The usual suspects will be out with the pitchforks and torches once they die in Cyrodiil to a Necromancer.

I hope it stays as is because it is everything I had hoped it would be to make my Stam Deathknight. But I can already see that the nerf warriors are going to have a field day with this. 😥😥😥
    Edited by Daedric_NB_187 on March 28, 2019 2:00PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for Necromancer Class preview, you did awesome work.

So far found very little about New Chapter, most of players have covered just Necromancer Class or Guild new feature

Last year, preview details released by players were dropping huge tips. Any other player covered other details?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    As much as I totally love what I see. I can already tell this class is going to get nerfed into the ground before it makes it to live. Everything about this class is exceptional and practically flawless. And even if it does make it live as is. The usual suspects will be out with the pitchforks and torches once they die in Cyrodiil to a Necromancer.

I hope it stays as is because it is everything I had hoped it would be to make my Stam Deathknight. But I can already see that the nerf warriors are going to have a field day with this. 😥😥😥

ZoS went the defensive route with the warden. They're not going ot do the same again with necro.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but that class will be so powerful in PVE for Stam and i absolutely 100% do not want them to change it.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

ZoS went the defensive route with the warden. They're not going ot do the same again with necro.

I hope you're right. I wasn't here when Warden was released. But I heard the stories about how it was nerfed into the ground once it came out. I just hope the changes they do make on the PTS are very minimal so that we can play with what you presented to us. And thank you very much for the work you did to present us this info. It is greatly appreciated.😊😃
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    great stuff, couple of things though, no major brutality/sorcery/savagery/prophecy in class. nor do they have a group buff that is unique. outside major vulnerability, what does this class bring to a good group?
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great stuff, couple of things though, no major brutality/sorcery/savagery/prophecy in class. nor do they have a group buff that is unique. outside major vulnerability, what does this class bring to a good group?

Probably Insane Damage.

Maybe it'll end up like Samurai in FFXIV. No good utility, all the big numbers though.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

things you would normally wear proc sets for
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

what does this mean? like minor vulerablity from IA?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 28, 2019 2:22PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what does this mean?

you can hit your own synergies
    wont need swarm mothers for trash pulls
    reduced aoe damage(bahraras curse)
    ulti that rez players
    aoe bash
    the things you mentioned can be gotten from skills available to all classes, inner light/entropy/camo hunter/hidden blade
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Major vulnerability is enough to have them be in groups, trust me..
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liking what I'm seeing....but is anyone else disappointed we aren't getting a melee skeleton. I see the mage/archer...but I wanted a melee version of that. Was thinking a skeletal mage along with a melee skeleton out front. Well I'll take what I can get.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they have aoe fracture and breach as well? Basically what the warden had before..
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Don't they have aoe fracture and breach as well? Basically what the warden had before..

yes
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve only seen the reaper line so far but aoe Major fracture and breach for 10 seconds and a damage as well I can see why Wardens got shafted now because necromancer just stole their ***

Seriously though it’s nice to see stamina class for once but I was screaming nerf on every skill before I’ve even played it, it’s nice that they made it better class then when Wardens came out but it screams overpowered so far

Can’t wait to see the other skill lines for more nerf screaming (disclaimer I’m not asking for nerf threads)
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its another class that enables large scale combat with plenty of Xv1 abilties, for example aoe defile, healing block (like soldier of anguish, but spammable), armor buff that pulls people to you that attack you ????
    Come the *** on, stop encouraging zerging.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you can hit your own synergies

there is one, one skill you can self synergize, so not that much. and the other morph can give aoe major fracture and breach.
    wont need swarm mothers for trash pulls

swarm mothers is every 2 seconds while blocking, beckening armor is every 3 seconds and lasts for 18, so up to 4-5 per cast, not amazing. necro tanks will still have to use silver leash.

reduced aoe damage(bahraras curse)

not seeing reduced aoe, DOTs yes, 10% less damage when you have spirit ward up, yes but not seeing aoe. that is on the warden.
    ulti that rez players

i said good groups, decent players will not use that ulti, vertainly not over warhorn.

aoe bash

on a 300 cost ulti, something that dks have on a skill, Deep Breath, aoe interup that heals you as well
    the things you mentioned can be gotten from skills available to all classes, inner light/entropy/camo hunter/hidden blade

i am fully aware but you see how people are asking for an in class major brutalty/sorcery for templar? clearly not everyone wants to run pots/entropy/rattlecage.

the class looks cool and all but not really seeing the end game group utility.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 28, 2019 2:37PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Major vulnerability is enough to have them be in groups, trust me..

i totally get that. hence why i said outside that. 6 seconds max too?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 28, 2019 2:38PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil with the morph 2 Armor Buff is going to be nuts. Not sure if I love the idea or hate it.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...] Everything about this class is exceptional and practically flawless. [...]

I hope it stays as is because it is everything I had hoped it would be to make my Stam Deathknight. [ ...]

As every class should be. Time to bring up the old ones, it's overdue.

And I totally agree. I guess my evil stam sorc will gather dust for a while too.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Cyrodiil with the morph 2 Armor Buff is going to be nuts. Not sure if I love the idea or hate it.

It is direct damage though... so you have to actively attack a necromancer that has a pretty visible armor on its back..
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for making the videos Masel.

Necromancer seems fun we don't know the actual damage and resource numbers are yet so not even going to think about the balance.

I really like the passives they seem good.
    It almost seems like too many good abilities atm, haha that I don't know how I'd set up my bars at all.

I am hoping for some niche nerco only playstyle/sets that I could take advantage of their skills other classes can't.

I still don't know which kind of nerco I will play yet I"ll probably have to make one of each on the PTS when it is released.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

I am hoping for some niche nerco only playstyle/sets that I could take advantage of their skills other classes can't.

If only the Hunt Leader set didn't read so underwhelming. Or does it? Never tried it because, well...
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on March 28, 2019 3:05PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is direct damage though... so you have to actively attack a necromancer that has a pretty visible armor on its back..

With lag around keeps I foresee people getting pulled off the walls a lot.

But not for a while as most of Cyrodiil will be necro vs necro.