Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing recipes

WickidMexican
WickidMexican
✭✭✭
Is there a place that drops these by any chance? Or is it just going through closets, drawers, bagpacks, etc? Finally want to fix the villa we got for free but i dont really know that many furnishings.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick as many pockets and loot as many safeboxes as you can. Stealing from other containers works too.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a crafter and likes crafting things, so after he learnt all the motif he decided to learn all the furnishings - over 1,700 currently. The only real way to do this is get them from guild stores. To give you an idea, to get all the achievments you'll be paying less than 5k gold each,probably a lot less. Right now I need 480 more plans and am still paying no more than 20k for each. Just getting to to point where I'm only getting 5 furnishings for 100k
    This is the fastest way to do it ihmo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your looking in all the right places for furniture plans.

Also, don't overlook the I'm game furniture vendors who sell furniture for gold.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Your looking in all the right places for furniture plans.

Also, don't overlook the I'm game furniture vendors who sell furniture for gold.

Like do I buy 1 lump of coral for 100k from the special furnisher in Coldharbor or do I get at least 5 furnishing plans in Deshan? Decisions, decisions.

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic recipes can be purchased at the blacksmith, carpenter, clothier, chef, etc. To help fill out the everyday stuff I've used guild stores as the common ones are dirt cheap usually going for no more than a couple of hundred gold. I will also use the guild store for some higher level recipes to finish out a style or because I do not want to wait for my RNG luck to change. You can also get random blue, purple and gold recipes from doing master writs at the master writ vendor and achievement mediator. When you are in dungeons/delves open every urn, backpack or other container you can. I have picked up a lot og green, some blue and the occasional purple this way. To help keep up with the group change your setting to auto loot and clean out your inventory after the run. Don't forget things like random dwarven urns in the open world either as they can have recipes as well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement Furnishings are expensive, but more mundane stuff is not. Most of the furnishers on the list I linked are not achievement.

Also, don't overlook the Guild Kiosks, furniture can sell for less than material costs there. Because, remember, the plan costs are a small part of the cost to make furniture.

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    - snip -

Also, don't overlook the Guild Kiosks, furniture can sell for less than material costs there. Because, remember, the plan costs are a small part of the cost to make furniture.

I do this frequently for special pieces I'm pretty sure I will only use one or two of across all of my dwellings. It isn't because of the other costs to build a piece since I gather everything I need. It is because the plans themselves are 3 or 4 times the cost of a piece of furniture itself.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This depends 100% on which furniture recipes you are looking for.

Global plans may be found in any zone most commonly from trunks, chests, wardrobes, backpacks, urns, etc and rarely from pickpocketing or as loot from humanoid mobs.

DLC related plans are found in the same sources in their DLC area, but Global plans are found there as well making farming the DLC plans much more difficult.

There are some plans that are from very specific sources:
    • Dragonbone dungeon bosses may drop the Blackmarrow Table plan.
    • Wolfhunter dungeon bosses may drop the Hircine related plans.
    • Design: Khajiit Skooma Bubbler is from Pickpocketing Drunkards
    • Blueprint: Breton Throne is from Pickpocketing Nobles (wayrest confirmed)
    • Blueprint: Wood Elf Throne, Vine is from Pickpocketing Nobles (grahtwood throne room)
    • Blueprint: Coffin, Lid and Blueprint: Coffin, Case from Pickpocketing Vampire (abah's landing) OR rare drop during Witches Festival
    • Blueprints for the three Orcish thrones are from Pickpocketing nobles in Wrothgar
    • Diagram: Hourglass, Common is from Pickpocketing priests in the Gold Coast
    • Pilgrims and Priests in Vvardenfell can be pickpocketed for the jars, incense holders and mantle cloth (plans are also available in the Morrowind Furnisher Documents via writ vouchers
    • Smith in Vvardenfell may be pickpocketed for the Dres Cauldron and Indoril Bellows plans (also available in Morrowind Furnisher Docs)
    • Morrowind Furnisher Documents, blue and purple, both have plans that are ONLY found in them (Almalexia tablet, velothi brazier that has blue or normal flame, a bunch of carpets)
    • Summerset priests may be pickpocketed for the Alinor Pew, Polished Blueprint
    • Dwarven: mobs and urns in Dwarven ruins
    • Ayleid: mobs in Ayleid Ruins
    • Daedric: two types - one type drops from any Daedra and the other type only in Coldharbour (a few of these are quite rare)

If you prefer to farm the drop plans, I have some favourite spots:
    • Global: Hollow City do a loop and loot all the furniture type containers
    • Global: Morkuldin forge/delve - tonnes of urns and I love urns for furniture plans
    • Vvardenfell: Hleran tomb, just NW of the Ald'ruhn wayshrine across the lava, unmarked. full of urns!
    • Summerset: Monastery in Shimmerene
    • CWC: there is a room full of desks in the Everwound Wellspring that I parked all my characters in and logged between them to farm
    • Murkmire: toughest farm yet. Stealing is best. Do a circuit of Lilmoth and Bright-throat village or log between characters and just farm the crafting building in Lilmoth (no guards, several containers, refuge is just out the back)

Some plans have terrible drop rates and it may be easier to farm gold and buy them.

Dwarven and Ayleid purple plans are REALLY rare and very expensive because they are near impossible to farm - you have to get really lucky. (ZoS please could we have a Ancient Peoples Furnisher Document for purples?)

Edit: I know all but 14 of the furniture plans, PC-NA, if you want something crafted and can't seem to find it.
    Edited by Mix on March 25, 2019 5:48PM
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks everyone for your answers. At the moment i dont have a theme really i just want to learn whatever recipes i can get my hands on.