The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Blatant frozen gate exploit.

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
We were on the ram at the inner door of ash and a person on the other side would pop out of the door drop a frozen gate and pop back in the door. When the gate activated it would pull a person into the keep where everyone on the other side would be waiting to kill that person. He did this to about 5 people before the door came down. It is very much an exploit and needs a fix as soon as possible.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds to me more like brilliant tactics.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also possible with the sticky netch ability.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't even have to come out the door just placing it against the door on the other side will Somtimes drag people in.

I enjoy these kind of shenanigans tho they make pvp fun even when I'm the one falling for it.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    We were on the ram at the inner door of ash and a person on the other side would pop out of the door drop a frozen gate and pop back in the door. When the gate activated it would pull a person into the keep where everyone on the other side would be waiting to kill that person. He did this to about 5 people before the door came down. It is very much an exploit and needs a fix as soon as possible.

Shhh

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love doing that, I love the panicked look in their eyes as they try to run back through the door only to find it blocking their path, its like the only way to get any use out of that skill XD
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summon an ancient portal, which arms after 1.5 seconds and lasts for 30 seconds.

When triggered the enemy is teleported to you, immobilized for 3 seconds, and dealt 636 Frost Damage.

You can have up to 3 Frozen Gates active at a time.
    Sounds like it is working as intended.
    Sounds practical and tactical. Id be honored to die in such a way to a combo.

Normally i just use gate + shadow silk synergy + sub.assault combos with a few friends in Cyrodill

Might try it in bgs now. TY op for this.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 23, 2019 4:48PM
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s always an exploit if zerglings get introduced to new ways of dying. Oftenly causing the „chase the macro user“ syndrome.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That actually a brilliant use of a usually useless skill. Thats how portals work. I like it.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Oblivion crisis ended.

Oh wait this is 2nd era.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the counter is obvious
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

avoid the clearly visible glowing symbol on the ground as it forms telegraphing what It is and what it is capable of and then avoid it once it has finally formed and armed?

that's sounds tricky
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the old days this kind of thing was called "clever use of game mechanics".
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Back in the old days this kind of thing was called "clever use of game mechanics".

Makes me miss DKs who jumped up to walls and caused mayhem. Now wall fights are like nothing more than point and click flash games
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »

Makes me miss DKs who jumped up to walls and caused mayhem. Now wall fights are like nothing more than point and click flash games

The good ole days! DKs jumping on walls...NBs piggybacking ambush through doors...DKs chain pulling through doors...
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix abilities going through walls and doors in general. If you walk through a door, how can 4 snipes, 2 dark flares, and 3 crystal frags still hit you?
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    They need to fix abilities going through walls and doors in general. If you walk through a door, how can 4 snipes, 2 dark flares, and 3 crystal frags still hit you?

Lag
    PC EU - DC only
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »

I would love a 1-2 second cooldown on door use that way when your spamming the door to get into the keep you don't enter then re-exit right away and get killed anyway, so annoying.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it is working as intended and something that devs had in minds while creating that ability. Frankly I was suprised that tactic was not massively used by the PvP groups right after Morrowind release.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Druid40 Ohai
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That happened to me once, but being a magblade, I slipped away and burned their camp and siege machines. 😁
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    this happened to me today. didn't really bother me but I am curious about it.
    is it when there is a crack in the door that frozen gate can pull (able to see through)
    or is just hugging the door with the gate next to the frozen gate on the other side will do it too?
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had someone do exactly the same thing to me the other day OP. Except he was alone... and he pulled in three of us. He died pretty quick and when the door finally came down we'd killed the guards and our group just stood on flags. Definitely needs to be looked at though. I've seen people intentionally doing this to get their NB buddy on a different faction into a keep.

Edit: I'd like to add that it looks bad for both parties involved. The guy who pulled you in obviously doesn't look too good to his faction, but if you start killing people it looks like you had the guy doing it intentionally to get you into the keep. Needs to be fixed asap as your only other option is to pretty much jump to your death.
    Edited by Blinkin8r on March 28, 2019 7:28PM
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone pulled into the inner of brindle yesterday. So I killed everyone in there.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be ready for it next time with undo. But, it is still an exploit not working as intended or clever use of game mechanics as some people want to claim.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will be ready for it next time with undo. But, it is still an exploit not working as intended or clever use of game mechanics as some people want to claim.

Game Devs need to clarify if portals working through walls and doors is intended. Going through a door doesn't remove negative effects or dots - its a permeable threshold for skills as is.

"Honest" combat (you actually fight for the side your logged into) doesn't worry me, I think its clever. The worry is coordinated efforts to have traitors bring in enemies using this method and bypassing the "must siege to enter" rule. You can't stop members from your own alliance putting enemies into your keeps this with this method. It's worse than DK chains as the traitor/chain anchor could feign ignorance or afk for only so long. With this they could claim to be bringing enemies in "to be killed" but actually to let them bypass the keep entry rules.

We need clarification!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, undo will not port you back through the door. Tested this earlier.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I love doing that, I love the panicked look in their eyes as they try to run back through the door only to find it blocking their path, its like the only way to get any use out of that skill XD

How do you see the eyes sitting from home?
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine being pulled through to get hit by, shalks dawnbreaker spin to win..... I must do this immediately
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

avoid the clearly visible glowing symbol on the ground as it forms telegraphing what It is and what it is capable of and then avoid it once it has finally formed and armed?

that's sounds tricky

What?! We can't expect people to watch where they are walking! We also can't expect them to watch where they are standing! Especially during a siege. ZOS should clearly declare every castle entrance a safespace where people won't feel offended by burnign oil, siegge engines or anything.
  • Nightingale707
    Nightingale707
    ✭✭✭
    be a DK with wings, I hear they reflect the portal and the warden gets pulled to you instead