The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mournoth Keep advice

Peacatcher
Peacatcher
✭✭✭
So I have started to plan my first Necromancer in advance of the new chapter being released. He's a Priest of Arkay but has fallen in with the wrong crowd and now associates with various shady (but 'honest') merchants....

His house is going to be a temple dedicated to the mighty Arkay of course. But it needs to have a few hiding places in case he needs to make a quick exit or hide something from potential visitors or pretend that he isn't at home.

My main requirements for his house are:
Not too big - I'm thinking medium sized at the largest
Plenty of hiding spots, or areas that could be disguised
Doesn't need major structural adjustments although I'm happy to try to add a few false walls etc
Location not important
Workable item limit (have ESO+)

I'm thinking of buying Mournoth Keep for him. Does anyone who owns this house think it would be suitable or can anyone suggest an alternative? I

Thank you!
Ps4 EU
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s one of the best houses you can get

It’s orc style for one so very gothic fits necromancer, it classed as classic I think so a decent item limit you can have collectibles of three merchants, pets and couple of mounts easy (can’t remember if busts are collectibles but have few of them on show in the house I do have eso+) and the most important part of this house is it is right next to a Wayshrine so you free port to house leave house go to Wayshrine port to easy to get refuge Wayshrine and clear bounty

My first house and have never regretted it and it’s cheap for a whole lot of house benefits
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe its worth holding off a little to see what Frostvault Cavern sells for.
    It has a thematic feel that would suit nefariousness.
    The central building could easily be converted to a temple structure and one of the side rooms could be concealed to make for an interesting den of depravity!! :D
    Actually.... now you have me really thinking!!
    Hmm, looks like I need to go onto the PTS for a few hours
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both, the comments are appreciated! I haven't looked at Frostvault yet, will check it out later today. I like the sound of the side rooms and central area, sounds like there would be useful hiding places.

The Orc style really appeals to me for this one though, the cold hard stone seems quite appropriate for a temple.

The other home I considered was Bouldertree but I couldn't see how I could create a temple there without having to be more creative than I am!

Of course my character is an honest Priest/merchant so will not have a bounty...whatever are you implying...? ;)
    Ps4 EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant go wrong with Mournoth. I have all the houses and it is the only one I use.

Although the Drauger Crypt House would be awesome, but that was a limited time offering I think.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Cant go wrong with Mournoth. I have all the houses and it is the only one I use.

Although the Drauger Crypt House would be awesome, but that was a limited time offering I think.

@Nestor , Drauger Crypt House??? when was that? I don't recall this house
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they mean Hakkvild's High Hall, which was a limited-time manor (has been offered at least twice so far). It definitely has Draugr-style crypts.

EDIT:
    I bought Hakkvild's by accident, but luckily its price was reduced at the time.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 22, 2019 2:30PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Hakkvilds would work well for this character but I'm reserving it for a different one and haven't got enough items to do the place justice. Amazing house though.
    Ps4 EU
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    So I have started to plan my first Necromancer in advance of the new chapter being released. He's a Priest of Arkay but has fallen in with the wrong crowd and now associates with various shady (but 'honest') merchants....

His house is going to be a temple dedicated to the mighty Arkay of course. But it needs to have a few hiding places in case he needs to make a quick exit or hide something from potential visitors or pretend that he isn't at home.

My main requirements for his house are:
    Not too big - I'm thinking medium sized at the largest
    Plenty of hiding spots, or areas that could be disguised
    Doesn't need major structural adjustments although I'm happy to try to add a few false walls etc
    Location not important
    Workable item limit (have ESO+)

I'm thinking of buying Mournoth Keep for him. Does anyone who owns this house think it would be suitable or can anyone suggest an alternative? I

Thank you!

Mournoth was the first house I purchased - and is still my favorite. I think it's amazing and has great potential for custom builds. If you want an idea of what you can do, and you're on PC/NA whisp me in game and come visit. :smile:@mayasunrising
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez