The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Levelling help

itzeffect
itzeffect
✭✭✭
(sorry if this is the wrong sub forum, I'm not to sure on where to post this)
So i have recently came back to this game but now on PC rather than console and starting a fresh account with no friends that play is making levelling again very.. tiring? just looking for any tips on the quickest way to get a fresh account to level 50 (i have played for a long time before and understand everything that comes with being max level like the cp grind and skyshard farming and all) i just want to get the very boring and painful journey to 50 over with already.
even just a friend that would help take me through skyreach would be amazing
champion 600+
50 high elf templar (stormproof)
50 redguard templar
50 redguard DK (stormproof)
50 high elf sorc
50 redguard nightblade
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    i feel i should also state i am on PC EU :) thanks in advance
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC/NA, but for solo leveling that's accesible on a brand new account, I'd advise:
    Run Dolmens - on PC/NA, the Alikr Dolmens are always popular with exp grinders. You also get more exp the first time you close a dolmen, so its worth exploring.
    At level 10, run your Daily Random Dungeon and Daily Random Battleground for lots of exp. If you can play as a tank or healer for the faster queue, continuing to queue for random dungeons is a good way to level if you enjoy that.
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano first off thanks for your reply!
    yeah i am familiar with a few farming spots, what's the easiest way to get to alikr? every time i ask something is zone chat I seem to be getting ignored (maybe due to lack of players) so i can't get someone that will let me port there
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For transport, this help be of some use: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transport

The Navigator Azoufah can take you to all Covenant Territories: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Azoufah

Alternatively, in Wayrest, Stormhaven, the boatswain Zihllijdel down in the dockyards can take you to Sentinel in the Alik'r Desert.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just finished leveling a third character. Ran the main/story quests of each respective regions I did (Alik'r, Bangkorai), hit all the places of interest and skyshards, and ran everything while using exp scrolls. As you are brand new, stockpile the exp scrolls from the daily rewards until you hit level 30. It feels like it slows down there and doesn't pick up again until you hit level 50.

Dolmens will give you the fastest exp for overland content, but you get a significant bump in exp from story quests and skill points. Since skill points are as important as exp for leveling skills, felt this was a good balance. Took about 5 days, a few hours a day to get to level 50.
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano thanks for all the info man!
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished leveling a third character. Ran the main/story quests of each respective regions I did (Alik'r, Bangkorai), hit all the places of interest and skyshards, and ran everything while using exp scrolls. As you are brand new, stockpile the exp scrolls from the daily rewards until you hit level 30. It feels like it slows down there and doesn't pick up again until you hit level 50.

Dolmens will give you the fastest exp for overland content, but you get a significant bump in exp from story quests and skill points. Since skill points are as important as exp for leveling skills, felt this was a good balance. Took about 5 days, a few hours a day to get to level 50.

thanks for the reply man, just to remind you though I'm not brand new! just new to playing on PC and it's been like 2 years since i last played so i understand there were maybe some levelling tips recently i missed. i had 5 maxed chars back on console so i know the usual grind xd

although 5 days ain't too bad, thanks again
    champion 600+
    50 redguard templar
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    itzeffect wrote: »

thanks for the reply man, just to remind you though I'm not brand new! just new to playing on PC and it's been like 2 years since i last played so i understand there were maybe some levelling tips recently i missed. i had 5 maxed chars back on console so i know the usual grind xd

although 5 days ain't too bad, thanks again

My bad. I thought you were a little fresher out of the gate. LOL

Yeah, its rough, especially without a main to craft training gear to start with. Was happy to have all those scrolls. The Gold Coast 150%ers were great once I hit level 40.