The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Installer from hell

Kraken13
Kraken13
Hi

Trying to install the game using installer from ESO after 20+ hours (it doesn't download at any rate above 500kb/s, even If I can download another game from Steam at around 2000kb/s at the same time the installer is working) I hit play "error:6" appears and the solution according to support is to "Repair", after a long time ruminating the installer concluded the he "forgot" to download 30MB.... 14 hours later the download is still at 48%....

Honestly you guys don't want to have people playing your game right ?
Not only the download speed is slooooow also on the support forum all you can see is people complaining about the Installer.
And I am getting this bad feeling that after this "Repair" I will have to do another....

Smart up guys, this will not get you customers.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kraken13

If you are getting Fatal Error 6 in the launcher, you can try the following in addition to running a repair.

DELETE THE ESO LAUNCHER FOLDER

PC: Go to the Launcher folder and delete it.
    • You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

DOWNLOAD NEW ESO LAUNCHER

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.

If you play on Steam, download a new copy of the game through Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post