The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Items loosing durability and charges when you get DC or relog.

EpicPH
EpicPH
Hi,

Anyway, I've been out for a long time and came back to ESO, when I logged in I noticed that all my items has no charges and zero durability, It was not a big deal at first so I just repaired and charged the gear that Im going to use then played, got bored with my sorc so I switched to my warden, same thing happened, I repaired and charged... then in the middle of a dungeon I got DCed, when I logged back in, my items were zero durability and zero charges... Thats when I taught that something is going on, after the dungeon I repaired and charged, then I relogged, and my suspicions were true, my items lost all durability and charges. I tried disabling all my add-ons, maybe those are causing the bug, but no. Same thing happened, now I cant play cause I dont wana repair or charge my stuff for it to be destroyed again already lost a lot of gold repairing...

Here are some screenshots:

Tuned off all add-ons:
a39p4pvtwckb.png

Repaired armor:
y7kbuan3ad36.png

Repaired weapon:
n6f7w1ickja7.png

Zero durability armor after relog:
ruwmdmn6jriz.png

Zero charges weapon after relog:
izfhty2exbin.png

Sample items in inventory (not equipped) that suffered the same bug:
3e2hedaugok1.png
l09id3bmn65r.png

PS: all my items in all my characters and their inventories has zero durability and zero charges...

Please help.

• EpicPH
    EpicPH
    UPDATE: I deleted all my add-ons and repaired the client.

Ok, so I found out more about the bug, while looking for something to do with my main, I deconstructed some items I do not need anymore then locked some items I might need in the future, I deposited the materials and locked items to my bank then switched to another character to store the locked items.

Open logging in my storage character, I didn't find the items that I locked and I also didn't see the materials I deposited. So I went back to my main, and behold, the items I deconstructed are inside my inventory again (not deconstructed) and the items I locked are not locked. I repeated the process about 5 times, and always the same result.

It seems that the server is not registering the actions and changes that I do with my characters. Also, the items are really zero durability cause the set bonuses are not registering in my character stats. This is getting so frustrating...

I also submitted a support ticket: 190321-000742. I hope to get a response ASAP. I was planning to get ESO plus upon my return to this game but it seems that every time I come back there is a new game breaking bug/glitch.
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this problem on every one of my characters except one, which was the last one I played before I uninstalled for a year. It's been 2 days since support has responded to me. A minor workaround is if you have any repair kits and soul gems, they'll also be bugged and so you can charge and repair your things and you'll get em back when you relog.
  • EpicPH
    EpicPH
    Yeah, the problem is I keep my kits in the bank cause i have a banker, one of my toons was not affected tho, guess im forced to play her instead. Hope they fix this soon.
  • EvilHag
    EvilHag
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same issue! It feels like there's a minor character rollback happening to me every time I log out. Doesn't help that I changed from a magicka based character to a stam base. Now when I log out each time, I see myself back to weilding that dreaded staff on the character screen, and I know the bug isn't fixed yet.

I got this as an answer after submitting a ticket:
    "We are investigating an issue where recently returned players may become stuck in a state where their armor will continue to break each time they relog. We are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and will follow up as soon as we have news to share on the status of the issue."

I'm a returning player indeed, paid for a month of ESO plus, and can't play without losing most of my progress :( Hopefully they find the fix soon, I feel your pain!

<3
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are having an issue where your items lose durability after re-logging, please open a ticket with customer support for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • EvilHag
    EvilHag
    Soul Shriven
    Eek, I spoke too soon, I'll need to reopen my ticket, as the issue was not fixed even though support said they handled it and it was safe for me to log back in.
    Edited by EvilHag on March 21, 2019 6:47PM
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    I opened a Ticket. Same problem. 8 of my 9 characters are broken. I have been back three days after 2 years away.

The response for my ticket is a tutorial on how to repair armour and charge weapons.

Ticket : 190321-002308
    Everytime I log in on a new day all my equipment is broken, all my weapons need charging, and any item I have equipd the day before is unequiped and the old item reequiped. It even takes the item out of the bank to reequip it. I have 9 characters and it doesn't happen to all of them everytime, but happens to the majority every day.

Update 2 : All the treasure maps that were on the character that I played last night, and I went and did them all, are back in her inventory today.

Update 3 : Just relogged without any add-ons to make sure it wasn't them. All the stuff I sold is back, all my equipment is broken again and my weapons have no charges. The stuff I had put in the bank is back in my inventory. That is after being logged in about half an hour then relogging without any add-ons.

Update 4 : I have a character that was keeping all my Telvars etc, and Treasure maps. I have tried three times now to transfer them into bank, which it does, and then log on another character to retrieve some of them.

Each time I relog new character, there is nothing in the bank.

Go back to the other character and they are back in her inventory.
  • EpicPH
    EpicPH
    They already fixed my account after less then 24 hours after submitting the ticket, all is good. Thanks ZOS.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay...in the same boat. Have repaired, ran no add ons, submitting a bug report & now a ticket for help. Not only are my items going to zero...so are any sealed writ values that I carry. Items I place in the bank are returning to the character upon logging.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh....I am a returning subscriber if that helps...
  • EvilHag
    EvilHag
    Soul Shriven
    Seems to only be happening to those of us that are returning players. They're aware of the issue and working on it apparently, but definitely submit a ticket if it's affecting you! Still waiting on a fix myself.
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours and no change. Still can only play 1 character out of 9 :s
  • EvilHag
    EvilHag
    Soul Shriven
    I got a second reply to my ticket, and now everything is sorted for me. It took a bit more than 24 hours for them to get to me and fix everything. You filled out a another support ticket, right Smellfire? I see that the reply to your first one was less than helpful lol.

Good luck to everyone experiencing this bug, it stinks!! But there's hope, they fixed it for myself and at least one other in this thread, so hang in there!
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Still on same ticket, another bloke replied 24 hours ago saying looking into it but bugger all progress since.

Looks like weekend without it sorted.
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed, so I have cancelled my ESO +. You got £20 out of me for 7 days play. Good Job.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my concern with the upgrade on login approach they recently took. As months pass and more changes are deployed, I would expect that it can get really complicated to keep functioning correctly. I am not saying that this is related. I am just saying that this is the kind of problem I would expect from deploying mandatory changes as needed. If this is a regular occurrence that they only mention when it seems like it could be noticeable, it is possible that people returning after 2 years have a long queue of updates that need to be sequentially applied to their accounts in the back end.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smellfire wrote: »
    Still not fixed, so I have cancelled my ESO +. You got £20 out of me for 7 days play. Good Job.

Support really needs to be able to pause ESO+ for server-side problems like this and resume it when resolved.
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    This is my concern with the upgrade on login approach they recently took. As months pass and more changes are deployed, I would expect that it can get really complicated to keep functioning correctly. I am not saying that this is related. I am just saying that this is the kind of problem I would expect from deploying mandatory changes as needed. If this is a regular occurrence that they only mention when it seems like it could be noticeable, it is possible that people returning after 2 years have a long queue of updates that need to be sequentially applied to their accounts in the back end.

Can't be that bad, as they managed to fix it within 24 hours for the other people. Also 1 character is perfectly alright, and works in every way. Just the rest of the accounts characters are completely broken.

I don't get why I have to wait over three working days for a fix when they have managed it in less than 24 hours for other people, and they haven't updated the ticket since the second vague comment on the day I submitted the ticket.

All MMOs technical support is really crap, though ZoS have been pretty good for me in the past.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    This redditor appears to be having the same problem with character inventory reverting.

Edit: And another and another.

Edit: Two more redditors, and this forum thread also discusses the issue.

Edited by Mudcrabber on March 26, 2019 5:31AM
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    This redditor appears to be having the same problem with character inventory reverting.

Edit: And another and another.

Edit: Two more redditors, and this forum thread also discusses the issue.

Yep, seems hit and miss whether you get decent support for this bug.
  • Groove33
    Groove33
    In 8 hours it will be 5 days that im waiting for a fix. If i wake up in the morning and its not fixed you can be damn sure i cancel my eso plus and look for another MMO game to play.

Im sick and tired of waiting when i put in a request for this to be fixed 5 days ago while i see and hear that people put tickets in yesterday and already have it fixed. This game is unplayable.

Fix your *** ZOS.
  • ilganna
    ilganna
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same issue, opened a ticket yesterday evening and after 10 minutes I have got a reply that the issue is being investigated on.

For reference:

Ticket # 190326-005277

Also, I have requested the forums invitation code (again yesterday evening) and today I received it... To be honest I had a rather quick support, let's hope the broken armor/weapon issue will be dealt with the same swiftness...

Thanks, best regards
    Edited by ilganna on March 27, 2019 3:49PM
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Well I haven't had a reply since the day I started the ticket.

Hope you have better luck than us.
  • official_mrgiddy
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are having an issue where your items lose durability after re-logging, please open a ticket with customer support for assistance.

Yea we did! Still waiting though! Did you forget about us?
  • official_mrgiddy
    EvilHag wrote: »
    I got a second reply to my ticket, and now everything is sorted for me. It took a bit more than 24 hours for them to get to me and fix everything. You filled out a another support ticket, right Smellfire? I see that the reply to your first one was less than helpful lol.

Good luck to everyone experiencing this bug, it stinks!! But there's hope, they fixed it for myself and at least one other in this thread, so hang in there!

That's nice but I've been replying and trying to contact everywhere I can. They must have forgotten about us!
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset Release
    Haven’t played ESO in a while?: The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is a best chance to jump back into ESO and continue adventures or start anew. Players only need to reinstall the game, log in, and start playing again.

Jokes on us! ;)
  • Topher8604_ESO
    Topher8604_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    After 2 support tickets and almost a week of this issue, still have nothing.. oh except the smart ass reply to the last customer service ticket about add-ons... Add-ons that we're installed after the fresh install of the game, that did nothing for anything... Really amazing customer support...
    Edited by Topher8604_ESO on March 28, 2019 12:38AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue is probably has something to do with some portion of the database UPDATE code method not present for specific players in one or more of the TABLES.
    I do hope that this issue will be resolved soon and you will return to normal adventures in Tamriel! :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • ilganna
    ilganna
    Soul Shriven
    Just receiveid an emai informing that they may have found the issue (I just removed the name of the person sending the email) :-)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is xxx and I am an Escalations Agent here with the Support Team. 

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue which you and several other players have recently experienced where some characters did not properly convert during our recent database upgrade, implemented when the Wrathstone Update went live.  This has caused various issues, including preventing players from properly repair their equipment.

We believe we have identified a fix, and we will be implementing some changes this afternoon.

In order to avoid further delays, and waiting until the next available patch window, we are going to attempt to fix the account in a Live environment.  Doing so requires us to ensure that nobody attempt to access the account while edits are being made, so we will be putting a temporary suspension on the account in question.  This is not related to any Terms of Service violations, it is simply a precaution to prevent further delaying the fix.

We plan to begin this process soon, and will follow up with you once it is done to let you know you can again access your account.

Best Regards,

xxx - Escalations
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I do not mind being unable to play, granted the issue will be fixed ;-)

M.
    Edited by ilganna on March 28, 2019 5:56PM
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just got the same one!

I thought it would be another week :persevere: